Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: national day parade fireworks

Default Re: national day parade fireworks

if people organising events had to listen to everyone, might as well don't organise the event

you can't please everyone, and we as photographers should take the trouble to change the angle, and move our butts, if you think it's not good

am i going to bring an axe to chop down trees in the frame because they spoil my photograph?

am i going to bring a chainsaw to mow down tourists milling around st mark's square?

no, and no. i'm not going to be able to make myself write into Nparks (or whatever relevant authority) to complain about the trees, or to venetian police to clear the square because i am The Most Important Person At This Point In Time And I Need My Photograph.

we're all part of a community ,people. move yourself, and stop expecting things from others just because you think : "this should be so for ME, ME and ME ONLY. MEME MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME." this attitude reflects badly on not just you, but will overflow to others, how they look at photographers. end up, you want to be idiotic, everyone looks idiotic along with you.

kthxbai!

dear fren, what for u wrote in ? shift the whole balloon just for u to shoot fireworks arr ? best view NDP parade is made for those ticket holders sitting at the grandstand..

hmm i was chilling over somewhere near the merlion and the view seems better. or you can try somewhere else, like the esplanade roof terrace or marina barrage[i remember many were equipped with their barangs, not sure about the view though]
    look outside the box and its a big world out there

Yah i was at the exact same place as you and the photographers there were all cursing the boats
    Can't even do my pano with all the boats moving out so slowly -.-
    But what to do.Gahmen's planning ... :I

EDIT:is the esplanade roof a good place to shoot?
    Last edited by shadowpartner; 28th July 2009 at 06:09 PM.
    D60 | 35 f/1.8 | Primes only :)
    Founder of Revographers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljJKzzWvClc&fmt=22

here maybe this video might explain what i experience from my point of view where i was standing !
    take a look !

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    if people organising events had to listen to everyone, might as well don't organise the event

you can't please everyone, and we as photographers should take the trouble to change the angle, and move our butts, if you think it's not good

am i going to bring an axe to chop down trees in the frame because they spoil my photograph?

am i going to bring a chainsaw to mow down tourists milling around st mark's square?

no, and no. i'm not going to be able to make myself write into Nparks (or whatever relevant authority) to complain about the trees, or to venetian police to clear the square because i am The Most Important Person At This Point In Time And I Need My Photograph.

we're all part of a community ,people. move yourself, and stop expecting things from others just because you think : "this should be so for ME, ME and ME ONLY. MEME MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME." this attitude reflects badly on not just you, but will overflow to others, how they look at photographers. end up, you want to be idiotic, everyone looks idiotic along with you.

kthxbai!
    im not saying they need to do it for ME, but for the general crowd at that area.
    whytf are you getting so worked up like they are your boats and balloons and was ur idea to place em there.
    yea i moved..the boats move too. they moved from slowly from one side to the other till the end of fireworks.
    i thought they might stay stationary at that spot they were from NE2 so i changed my spot and moved but now they started drifting around!

so if you are trying to take a photo and someone places something in front of you or blocks ur view, you move ?? or ask him politely excuse me sir ?

relax bro im just like randomly asking around only..no need to get so worked up mah !

Quote Originally Posted by kkenji View Post
    im not saying they need to do it for ME, but for the general crowd at that area.
    whytf are you getting so worked up like they are your boats and balloons and was ur idea to place em there.
    yea i moved..the boats move too. they moved from slowly from one side to the other till the end of fireworks.
    i thought they might stay stationary at that spot they were from NE2 so i changed my spot and moved but now they started drifting around!

so if you are trying to take a photo and someone places something in front of you or blocks ur view, you move ?? or ask him politely excuse me sir ?

relax bro im just like randomly asking around only..no need to get so worked up mah !
    To be very honest, I think you were the one who got annoyed over something which you were in no position to get worked up over.

Let's all think like mature human beings. Firstly, like everyone has said on this thread already, the priority is for the ticket holders on the floating platform and for broadcast, not onlookers.

For onlookers who manage to find spaces to gape or spectate or try and get a glimpse of the show, it's really fair game. You pick your spot. If you are suay, then, like I said, suck thumb, or git your butt to another location. No point writing in to tell them to look into the matter because you are really not their responsibility. Not. One. Bit.

Now, on to your point of what if someone places something in front of you when you want to take a photo. In all normal circumstances, I would notify the person that I am shooting, and the person would normally move. Now, as logical human beings, if the person doesn't want to move, or for some reason is unable to, then the photographer moves lor.

To expect the organising committee to move the boats to please onlookers is wishful thinking and is really above and beyond their line of duties, and they probably would not look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by kkenji View Post

well, to me, most photographers tend to display such a self-entitled attitude.

yes, you have right to shoot in public places, yes, you have right to shoot people close up.

but the security guard is trying to do his job, people are of course wary of photographers poking lenses in their face.

every little thing each and every one of us does, speaks about the singaporean photographer collectively as a group. even demanding concessions and submitting unreasonable requests..

anyways, i'm not worked up. just got bored just now.

just to let you know, the water management at the bay is REALLY tight as there's a 200m safety bubble around the fireworks barge, which sits right at the center of the bay.

they cant sail back into the stage, as it would clutter the waterway. these boats need to get out asap after the show, and so does the ducktours/rivertaxi tour need to get across.

so they stay there lor.

Arrow Re: national day parade fireworks

I concur, they are there for safety reasons and the safety radius is very tight because of the space in that area.

As many have mentioned here, either you move or put down your camera and not shoot.

However, you die-die wants the boats to move so that you can shoot the fireworks.

Safety comes first and all else can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    just to let you know, the water management at the bay is REALLY tight as there's a 200m safety bubble around the fireworks barge, which sits right at the center of the bay.

they cant sail back into the stage, as it would clutter the waterway. these boats need to get out asap after the show, and so does the ducktours/rivertaxi tour need to get across.

so they stay there lor.
    Last edited by xtemujin; 29th July 2009 at 09:42 AM.

look guys,
    im sorry if i offended anyone here in anyway, my apologies.
    i just want sorta find out why and can do something only.

but thanks much for all of ya inputs !
    appreciate it much !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12