Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: More DSLRs spotted

Default Re: More DSLRs spotted

Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    Do you have a problem with that grp?
    What group??

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    no offense. but i saw this school kid using a 50D proudly showing off to his school mates, so i pretend and walk closer behind him. He is using auto mode.

there is a line btw passion... i mean if the school kid can afford himself, kudos! but dun burden the parents (unless they are well off) especially in this bad economic situation.

pns is also a camera, and much more affordable then a DSLR.

skills aside, i am talking about the how much one had to pay for a DSLR.

crappy photo an adult may have but he is paying for something that he earns from his work as compared to a school kid with no job but parents paying for it on top of household expenses + other expenses.

nothing wrong using auto mode but if the school kid wants to use a DSLR but only using auto mode, isn't that show off? Hes better off using a pns and dun waste his/her parents money.

you still dun get it.

School kid, no income using parent money, buy DSLR to show off (using auto mode)

vs

Working adult, with income and paid for everything himself, buy DSLR to show off (using auto mode)

while i dun care that working adult trying to show off, at least he is using his own money but unlike school kids or rather i called them brats.

u dun get my point. the point is not about auto mode as i have stated.

the point is getting money from parents to buy DSLR. And it seems to me not much skills they have except toying with auto mode. The baseline here is not interest but just simply show off to the peers.

Like you, i stop taking money from my parents since 17. And i self paid my uni education, and all those electronic gadgets + other stuffs till now (i am close to 30).

[b]But what if i tell u that school kid i tell you about is a secondary sch kid wearing shorts? The most sec 2. I doubt he can find a job (even fast food job) that he self paid his DSLR. [b/]

And just happens so... i saw another secondary school ger and her friends in school uniforms using DSLR at vivo last fri nite when i went for the canon introductory course.

When i refering to school kids, i meant those in sch uniforms (with exception to JC students). Addon : Cos obviously at lower sec sch, how much income you can get yourself other then from your parents pocket???

At their age, they should not be indulging in this 'luxury' items at the expenses of their parents who might not be so well off and working off their butt to see their children finish their education.

Thats the point i am getting at, simply spoilt brats that i am pointing at.

Summary:
    1. Get parents to pay for their DSLR + lens just to show off when they are not earning their own keep = no good

as compared to

2. Working adults earning their own keep just to show off = I dun care its their own money, their own freedom
    -----------

Dun get confused about talking auto mode here. I know there is ppl here who buy DSLR but only uses purely auto mode, their purpose is not cos of their interest but simply just to show off.

I didn't mean using auto mode is bad but if you are one of those spoilt brats (see above 1.) who ask your parents (unless you parents is well off then nothing to say) to buy you a DSLR just so you can show off to your peers, then i despised you. But if you saved up and buy yourself one (be it cos of interest or just to show off), then kudos to you.

Get it?
    Last edited by sinned79; 27th July 2009 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    What group??
    Revographers . Anyway if you have any problem,keep it to urself. This thread is already filled with flame wars and I don't wanna cause another 1

Revographers . Anyway if you have any problem,keep it to urself. This thread is already filled with flame wars and I don't wanna cause another 1
    I'm sorry, I'm not too familiar with the Revographers. Maybe you can explain to me more about your group and what is it you guys are doing.

And by the way, if I have a problem, I'll bring it up however I want

Summary:
    1. Get parents to pay for their DSLR + lens just to show off when they are not earning their own keep = no good

as compared to

2. Working adults earning their own keep just to show off = I dun care its their own money, their own freedom
    -----------

I'm sorry Sinned79, I'm going to disagree with you on your statement and I'm going to correct it.

1. Get parents to pay for their DSLR + lens just to show off when they are not earning their own keep = Revolutionizing photography

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm not too familiar with the Revographers. Maybe you can explain to me more about your group and what is it you guys are doing.

And by the way, if I have a problem, I'll bring it up however I want
    If you don't know the grp well why would u make statements like self-prasing and self advertising 'great' revographer .ironic ain't it

Didn't read the whole thread... but...

1) What's wrong with parents buying a DSLR for his kid? Is it coz your parents didn't? But they did buy you a PS3 and a huge HDTV, and that's ok?

2) What's wrong with using auto mode in a DSLR? If its wrong, then we should all use M mode? Is it coz peer pressure dictates that you be less reliant on automation? Isn't composition a major factor in output too?

3) What's wrong with a photog earning money with a kit lens? Is it coz people are paying him some money for work with a kit lens, while you have expensive L lens but no one paying you?

You see, the end point is the output. Not the means (unless its illegal means) to the output. Even lomographers get artsy pics from crappy gear (technically speaking - light leaks, plastic lens, etc... no offense, coz I do like the look).

If you don't know the grp well why would u make statements like self-prasing and self advertising 'great' revographer .ironic ain't it

they are still around?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

they are still around?
    Out off clubsnap.

We should just let others do what they want, as long as it does not affect others. Parents, adolescents and adults should have a say in how they should use their own money, not us. If that using of money means showing off, did they purposely do it in front of you?

In summary: how the money spent (even on so called spolit brats), is none of our business.

Prices of dSLR gears are more affordable now and standard of living increases, no doubt more will own them.

Why must we always want to compare "who shoots better", "who owns what" and "who have more expensive gears"? Photography is a hobby for many, as a current hobbist (excuse me for those who are not), I strongly encourage others not to paint a competitive scene for a beautiful hobby.

Clubsnap has always been one of my favorite websites in seeing how a harmless comment can turn into a burning debate over some odd stuff that was never meant to be that way.

Stay happy. Enjoy life.
    cameras are not made of tofu

Owning a DSLR is like owing a handphone now.

Going thru this thread, I get the following feeling:

1. Only a specific group of people should own DSLRs (honeymoon couples need not apply here).
    2. Kids (especially those from Sec 2) should use P&S (even if their fathers have 2 Lambos sitting in the garage).
    3. Damn Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax and all other DSLR makers for their Auto mode in their pro bodies.
    4. If you're pro, better show off your pro gear to re-assure your clients (and his guests).
    5. If you're attending a wedding as a guest, better bring along your P&S...in case the pro CMI.

Quote Originally Posted by osocan View Post
    Going thru this thread, I get the following feeling:

1. Only a specific group of people should own DSLRs (honeymoon couples need not apply here).
    2. Kids (especially those from Sec 2) should use P&S (even if their fathers have 2 Lambos sitting in the garage).
    3. Damn Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax and all other DSLR makers for their Auto mode in their pro bodies.
    4. If you're pro, better show off your pro gear to re-assure your clients (and his guests).
    5. If you're attending a wedding as a guest, better bring along your P&S...in case the pro CMI.

Nice summary..

I dont understand whats wrong with Kids having DSLR?

My son is already using my spare 40D + 400mmf5.6L at age 9. Why not if he is interested in it. It so much better than mixing up with the wrong company and pick up smoking or drugs.

The advantage to me as a parent is He is sharing the same interest as me and that helps to make our Bond stronger. Also in family outing at least I have a chance to be in front of the camera rather than behind the camera all the time.

Cheers. As long as people are happy, why bother with what gears they are using?

My intention is not to dispute that statement but rather for 3 times trying to illustrate that a significant large proportion of the replies are repeated or echoed, barely answered TS question. Only a few new/relevant points were subsequently added. So I don't see an science or theory and implicit answer in this thread.

Instead of value adding with variables, comes the skills does all, pagoda and whose zoom is longer and now, kid's camera ownership problem.

Amazing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Is there a need to support the listed statement?

I guess in science, a theory is taken to be true unless/until proven to be false. So the burden of proof lies with the one who doesn't believe in it..

In what way is this statement "all premium lens are superior than non premium in all aspect(wrt taking better quality pictures)" not true..?

Any examples? Please share share..
    Last edited by spheredome; 27th July 2009 at 07:16 PM.

wow.... nice gears.. *envy*

age 9.. muz be curious about a lot of things..

400mm on a crop camera.. wow.. Can shoot very far..

Can shoot the birds and the bees too.. hehe..

Red face Re: More DSLRs spotted

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    I dont understand whats wrong with Kids having DSLR?

My son is already using my spare 40D + 400mmf5.6L at age 9. Why not if he is interested in it. It so much better than mixing up with the wrong company and pick up smoking or drugs.

The advantage to me as a parent is He is sharing the same interest as me and that helps to make our Bond stronger. Also in family outing at least I have a chance to be in front of the camera rather than behind the camera all the time.

Cheers. As long as people are happy, why bother with what gears they are using?
    Totally agree.I really don't see a need for all this bias against youths owning DSLRs.While it is true many youths can afford DSLRs but are not very good at photography,I do have some friends who are still schooling but can create photos which can rival many shifus here and put many of the adult photographers to shame. I have a friend in my school who owns a D3 and no doubt he is not poor,he makes one of the best shots I have seen. While many of us CSers have lots of photography experience and knowlege, a huge number of them do not show that in their photos as I have seen many shots which are seriously very bad here on CS. Just because I am a very young guy owning a 1D here, does that mean I am that typical showoff kid who thinks he is really good? While I am not up to the standard of the best photogs, I still think I make pretty good photos(No intention to boast.Have a look at my flickr)

Not that I have any personal grudge against them, I still feel that this group falls into the rich kid with DSLR category.No offence but as a fact,I have not seen any stunning works from any of them

I am a secondary school student(sec 2) and I paid for my dslr and my lenses. If you don't know, there is a grp called revographers on cs tHat consist of students. They are kids but they do know their stuff. I don't see why kids can't take gd pictures. And hell I'm a hired photographer . I get paid for taking pictures of sports and my colleagues are ppl that uses 70-200 wedding photographer and d700 users. I don't see why age can hinder photography skills
    Just because you are paid to shoot does not make you a good photographer.Many of my friends are pro photogs but not all take great shots, on the other hand I also do know many great photographers who do not get paid for their work.Out of curosity,,I browsed through many of your photos and I dun think that you are as good as you claim to be.Once again, pls do not take my words to heavily as what I say are just my opinions.I feel that the reason why people hire you is that either your rates are really low or they just need high rez photos which cannot be taken with most compacts. As I have already said, pls do not take my words too heavily but I really think that your photos do not show how "good" you claim to be.

I'm a new DSLR owner myself. Was using using an old Canon Powershot A95 before I decided to move on to an E-620 after 4 and a half years. I've never looked back.
    Don't even get me started on the amount of **** I get just because I didn't choose a model from two of the powerhouses in the industry. No disrespect to whatever equipment any of you guys use.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast