Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: More DSLRs spotted

Default Re: More DSLRs spotted

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    u dun get my point. the point is not about auto mode as i have stated.

the point is getting money from parents to buy DSLR. And it seems to me not much skills they have except toying with auto mode. The baseline here is not interest but just simply show off to the peers.

Like you, i stop taking money from my parents since 17. And i self paid my uni education, and all those electronic gadgets + other stuffs till now (i am close to 30).

But what if i tell u that school kid i tell you about is a secondary sch kid wearing shorts? The most sec 2. I doubt he can find a job (even fast food job) that he self paid his DSLR.

And just happens so... i saw another secondary school ger and her friends in school uniforms using DSLR at vivo last fri nite when i went for the canon introductory course.

When i refering to school kids, i meant those in sch uniforms (with exception to JC students).

At their age, they should not be indulging in this 'luxury' items at the expenses of their parents who might not be so well off and working off their butt to see their children finish their education.

Thats the point i am getting at, simply spoilt brats that i am pointing at.

whether spoilt brat or not, I think we do not know the kid you are referring to enough to say that. What if the father upgraded his D50 and passed it to him, will that make it ok?

I just wonder why there seems to be so many negative comments about people using DSLR? threads like this are getting more and more common......this people are just using a proper piece of equipment to take stock of their memories, do we always have to start from the bottom. Do our first car always have to be a Kia Picanto????

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonnew View Post
    whether spoilt brat or not, I think we do not know the kid you are referring to enough to say that. What if the father upgraded his D50 and passed it to him, will that make it ok?

I just wonder why there seems to be so many negative comments about people using DSLR? threads like this are getting more and more common......this people are just using a proper piece of equipment to take stock of their memories, do we always have to start from the bottom. Do our first car always have to be a Kia Picanto????
    yup, i absolutely agree here, i think we shouldn't criticize others just because they are using a DSLR in auto mode, they do what they like and you do what you like, you are not losing in anyway..unless you are jealous that they have a better model than you..and you think you can do so much more with that camera. true in many cases, then go get your own 'better' model too. no use whacking him just cause he has it. sad that the market doesn't allow you to buy tings with skills, it is money here that counts. if you have the money, you can buy what you want.

adding on to my earlier post, i think it is okay for parents to buy their kids DSLRs, even if it means them using auto mode..nothing wrong with that. and think of it la, parents can even buy primary school kids pianos and other musical instruments, how is that any cheaper. tuition costing thousands, how's that cheaper. to me, we are just envious and are complaining cause we DIDN'T get these things when we were younger..sad, but too bad la, std of living get higher and higher what. times have changed so go with it man..no point harping over what you 'missed' out.

Quote Originally Posted by sidloojl View Post
    adding on to my earlier post, i think it is okay for parents to buy their kids DSLRs, even if it means them using auto mode..nothing wrong with that. and think of it la, parents can even buy primary school kids pianos and other musical instruments, how is that any cheaper. tuition costing thousands, how's that cheaper. to me, we are just envious and are complaining cause we DIDN'T get these things when we were younger..sad, but too bad la, std of living get higher and higher what. times have changed so go with it man..no point harping over what you 'missed' out.
    Actually no envy of them. I prefer catching spiders and fish after school. Challenging my friends in a game of marbles (accumulated I whole box before - my pride). Make my kites and fly them. I think it is so much fun too.

OK, the thread has really gone astray. See how the absolution statements evolves (bottom up)

Now we have another 5 unsupported absolute statements:
    - all kids and students with dslr are spoiled brats, except JC.
    - anyone who uses full Auto Mode is dSLR is not a good photographer.
    - cameras held by students and kids will never be a loan set.
    - short zoom lens will always take bigger and closer feathered birds than long zoom lens.
    - skilled avids believed that all premium lens are superior than non premium in all aspect.
    - professional photographers must used premium gears.

There's one more.

The Pagoda at Chinese Gardens can be lighten up without evena flash gun just onboard build in flash.

Quote Originally Posted by grainpixel View Post
    well..what to do?
    equipments are really getting so much cheaper, that really every tom, dick, harry, jane, mary, sally has one now..

just minutes ago, i just heard another friend bought a DSLR.

I saw this trend recently...no joke, already 4 couples i know personally..

1) couple getting married
    2) couple suddenly realised they are so good-looking after seeing photos taken by their PG with DSLR.
    3) couple got spare cash after wedding dinner
    4) then since they are going for a honeymoon....
    5) lets get a DSLR and we take beautiful photos!!!! DSLR photos are GOD-GIVEN!!!!!

4 couples in 4-5 mths that i know, bought a DSLR after wedding and before honeymoon!
    I know 3 couples who are married about 6 ~ 9 months and got a Nikon D90 as their very first DSLR.

Is there a need to support the listed statement?

I guess in science, a theory is taken to be true unless/until proven to be false. So the burden of proof lies with the one who doesn't believe in it..

In what way is this statement "all premium lens are superior than non premium in all aspect(wrt taking better quality pictures)" not true..?

Any examples? Please share share..

Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    OK, the thread has really gone astray. See how the absolution statements evolves (bottom up)

Now we have another 5 unsupported absolute statements:
    - skilled avids believed that all premium lens are superior than non premium in all aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by mutant View Post
    I know 3 couples who are married about 6 ~ 9 months and got a Nikon D90 as their very first DSLR.
    Haha, so I am not the only one.
    As mentioned, many are REALLY exposed to a DSLR during their pre-wedding shoot, etc.

Anyway, I have nothing against these people from buying..just noticed this trend of ppl getting DSLR very soon after marriage.
    Just incase, I kena flammed too!!!

Smile Re: More DSLRs spotted

ultimately, why not let the pictures do the talking?

if a wedding photog can produce great prints with a kit lens, why not?

if a schoolkid can produce great shots with his spanking new dslr in full auto mode, why not?

even if photogs can't produce great results with their pro gear, why poke fun at them?
    aren't we all on a photographic learning journey ourselves? and this is supposed to be a photographic community?

let the dslr trend grow, it's good for photography and it's good for camera companies, who can then have bumper profits and make newer and better equipment for all of us to...

BBB!!!

why assume your friend is hiring a pro?
    they maybe asking for tfcd instead

Quote Originally Posted by mutant View Post
    Because they are planning for baby already and they read ClubSnap and people like us tell them how good and fast DSLRs are, why they should get DSLRs to shoot their babies with and not a PnS, and D90 happens to be one that can double up as a video camera as well..

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    ultimately, why not let the pictures do the talking?

if a wedding photog can produce great prints with a kit lens, why not?

if a schoolkid can produce great shots with his spanking new dslr in full auto mode, why not?

even if photogs can't produce great results with their pro gear, why poke fun at them?
    aren't we all on a photographic learning journey ourselves? and this is supposed to be a photographic community?

let the dslr trend grow, it's good for photography and it's good for camera companies, who can then have bumper profits and make newer and better equipment for all of us to...

BBB!!!

The master speaks. Enuf said.

no offense. but i saw this school kid using a 50D proudly showing off to his school mates, so i pretend and walk closer behind him. He is using auto mode.

there is a line btw passion... i mean if the school kid can afford himself, kudos! but dun burden the parents (unless they are well off) especially in this bad economic situation.

pns is also a camera, and much more affordable then a DSLR.

skills aside, i am talking about the how much one had to pay for a DSLR.

crappy photo an adult may have but he is paying for something that he earns from his work as compared to a school kid with no job but parents paying for it on top of household expenses + other expenses.
    I am a secondary school student(sec 2) and I paid for my dslr and my lenses. If you don't know, there is a grp called revographers on cs tHat consist of students. They are kids but they do know their stuff. I don't see why kids can't take gd pictures. And hell I'm a hired photographer . I get paid for taking pictures of sports and my colleagues are ppl that uses 70-200 wedding photographer and d700 users. I don't see why age can hinder photography skills

Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    I am a secondary school student(sec 2) and I paid for my dslr and my lenses. If you don't know, there is a grp called revographers on cs tHat consist of students. They are kids but they do know their stuff. I don't see why kids can't take gd pictures. And hell I'm a hired photographer . I get paid for taking pictures of sports and my colleagues are ppl that uses 70-200 wedding photographer and d700 users. I don't see why age can hinder photography skills
    thats not the point i am getting at.

-----------
    Summary:
    1. Get parents to pay for their DSLR + lens just to show off when they are not earning their own keep = no good

as compared to

2. Working adults earning their own keep just to show off = I dun care its their own money, their own freedom
    -----------

Dun get confused about talking auto mode here. I know there is ppl here who buy DSLR but only uses purely auto mode, their purpose is not cos of their interest but simply just to show off.

I didn't mean using auto mode is bad but if you are one of those spoilt brats (see above 1.) who ask your parents (unless you parents is well off then nothing to say) to buy you a DSLR just so you can show off to your peers, then i despised you. But if you saved up and buy yourself one (be it cos of interest or just to show off), then kudos to you.

Why some of you so workup over my comments? Unless you are guilty of being one and trying to defend yourself.

If you have read my comments, clearly you should know what my point is.

Get it?
    Last edited by sinned79; 27th July 2009 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    definitely

but the gear does help in a small extent
    i am aperture thirsty. Haha
    Last edited by shadowpartner; 27th July 2009 at 05:32 PM.
    D60 | 35 f/1.8 | Primes only :)
    Founder of Revographers

Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    Another self-praising and self-advertising post by the 'great' revo pioneer

thats not the point i am getting at.

Summarised:
    Get parents to pay for their DSLR + lens just to show off when they are not earning their own keep = no good

Get it?
    you see...you know why everyone's taking a dig at you? because you assumed that the kid was:
    a) showing off
    b) shouldn't have a dslr in the first place
    c) using his/her parents' money

get it?
    ((=

we all know showing off is not "good". but everyone does it anyway. the USA shows off all the time.
    Last edited by antacid; 27th July 2009 at 05:27 PM.
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    you see...you know why everyone's taking a dig at you? because you assumed that the kid was:
    a) showing off
    b) shouldn't have a dslr in the first place
    c) using his/her parents' money

get it?
    ((=

we all know showing off is not "good". but everyone does it anyway. the USA shows off all the time.
    read my post #115 and read my comments earlier again if you still dun understand then once again read my post #115 is a summary of what i commented. Period.

Dun you simply agree? That such spoilt brats exists? Want to show off but parents not well off, but cos of their love for their children, parents had to scrimp and save to buy DSLR for their kids? <- I am condemning such acts. GET IT?

Actually you are the one assuming.
    Last edited by sinned79; 27th July 2009 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Another self-praising and self-advertising post by the 'great' revo pioneer
    Do you have a problem with that grp?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast