Thread: OT: 1st-timer experience report: wetsuit swimming is sensational

Default OT: 1st-timer experience report: wetsuit swimming is sensational

as above. yeah! juz back from test-driving my v first fullbody wetsuit in the pool...it was first time in my life i never ever felt a tiny single tinge of cold in the water. unbelievably great thermal insulation! but the best part is that it realy helps me float much much much better as i'm the sinker type whose legs are quite "dead" in the water(rigid ankles); the difference is amazing...now my body juz glides horizontally as it skims the water surface...very smooth sensation...i suppose it feels like skating..maybe its even beter than flying...at long last i can get to feel what really proper freestyle form really is...the more experienced folks can very likely testify to that...for those who have yet to try it...u got to. really.

cheers!

A 3 mm or a 0.5 mm wetsuit? Doesn't it restrict your movement when you are swimming?

Back to the topic, well yeah it does help keep me bouyant and it keeps me in a good form. I find that in Singapore's weather, wearing a wetsuit for swimming,; unless on a rainy chilly day beckons a heat stroke...

cheers

i think its 3mm body n 2mm sleeves. no i didnt feel any restriction on stroke movement
    its this quiksilver "GS series superstretch" thingy...lolz actually i kinda dont even know what im buying coz i juz know that i really waited months for this moment...and then juz anyhow walk in and figured that quiksilver is sort of "ok ok" trustable product...
    hehe next time i upgrade to <ironman> brand ; they have these real cool "hybrid" n "stealth" series...juz like upgrading lens

cheerios!

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    i think its 3mm body n 2mm sleeves. no i didnt feel any restriction on stroke movement
    its this quiksilver "GS series superstretch" thingy...lolz actually i kinda dont even know what im buying coz i juz know that i really waited months for this moment...and then juz anyhow walk in and figured that quiksilver is sort of "ok ok" trustable product...
    hehe next time i upgrade to <ironman> brand ; they have these real cool "hybrid" n "stealth" series...juz like upgrading lens

cheerios!
    I am thinking of tailor making a set of wetsuit .