Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What shops that sell cameras? (no sim lim or lucky plaza)

Default Re: What shops that sell cameras? (no sim lim or lucky plaza)

Can try OP at SLS level 6..so far experience there is good.
    My favourite shop after John 3:16 in funan and is the only reputable shop in SLS IMHO(AP is terrible.I just can't stand them)

Quote Originally Posted by PrimePhotog View Post
    My favourite shop after John 3:16 in funan and is the only reputable shop in SLS IMHO(AP is terrible.I just can't stand them)
    AP is fine la... OP is better though
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by jones24 View Post
    Apologise for asking like this since it's probably somewhere in this forum.

I do not have much time to go through the forum and hence maybe you could name me a few shops other than those in sim lim or LP since i believe they try and cheat customers.

Btw there's quite a good shop in vivo selling canon brand cameras and they have a huge display of cameras used throughout the last century.
    Which electronic shops don't sell camera?
    E510, E3,E5, EP1,EP3 & OMD EM5

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonman View Post
    Which electronic shops don't sell camera?
    none, can buy from all

just kidding, just go to the shops you hear about here, you will be safe, cheapest price go do your own research

try paris slik store. The prices are better than Cathay Photo or MS Color.

Quote Originally Posted by sidloojl View Post
    none, can buy from all

just kidding, just go to the shops you hear about here, you will be safe, cheapest price go do your own research

Quote Originally Posted by NeTHaCk View Post
    if you do notice and read the fine prints and TnC .. only if HN, Best Denki , Gain city sells them cheaper aka Big store names .
    Actually, it could be done.. HN quoted me for the D90 18-105kit with 4GB SD card and bag for about ~ SGD1700(went to 3 HN branches all quoted me different prices!).. while courts are selling them for SGD1988

But must remember Courts refund only for strictly "LIKE-FOR-LIKE" basis.. whatever that really means.. maybe someone wants to confirm with them on this and let us know! hehehe

http://www.courts.com.sg/ecourts/con...3/cpp-tnc.html
    Last edited by zsubari; 28th July 2009 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zsubari View Post
    Actually, it could be done.. HN quoted me for the D90 18-105kit with 4GB SD card and bag for about ~ SGD1700(went to 3 HN branches all quoted me different prices!).. while courts are selling them for SGD1988

But must remember Courts refund only for strictly "LIKE-FOR-LIKE" basis.. whatever that really means.. maybe someone wants to confirm with them on this and let us know! hehehe

http://www.courts.com.sg/ecourts/con...3/cpp-tnc.html
    Maybe different freebies?
    I bought mine $1788.00 with 2x8GB card + tripod + drybox + UV lens + camera carry box added $285.00 for 4 more year warranty.
    Courts are dam expensive about their extended warranty (I think Courts and Best Denky have depreciation thingy).

Quote Originally Posted by commonjunks View Post
    Maybe different freebies?
    I bought mine $1788.00 with 2x8GB card + tripod + drybox + UV lens + camera carry box added $285.00 for 4 more year warranty.
    Courts are dam expensive about their extended warranty (I think Courts and Best Denky have depreciation thingy).
    Actually for what i know, courts is giving only the 4GB card for the D90 and i don't think that is inclusive of extended warranty. Both courts and best denki are selling the camera @ the recommended retail price as stated in the nikon website.

the ones that clubsnappers recommend:

1) Orient Photo SLS
    2) Cathay Photo (Penin/Marina Square)
    3) Alan Photo (Funan/SLS)
    4) John 3:16
    5) MS Colour (AMK)
    6) TK Foto (Shaw Towers)

personally, i only go for 1, 2 and 6

3 is always so iffy, like stepping on minefield, 4 is too friendly for my liking, 5 is just plain ol' location.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    the ones that clubsnappers recommend:

1) Orient Photo SLS
    2) Cathay Photo (Penin/Marina Square)
    3) Alan Photo (Funan/SLS)
    4) John 3:16
    5) MS Colour (AMK)
    6) TK Foto (Shaw Towers)

personally, i only go for 1, 2 and 6

3 is always so iffy, like stepping on minefield, 4 is too friendly for my liking, 5 is just plain ol' location.
    lol, too friendly, we will never be satisfied huh...anyway, John 3:16 people talk rubbish sometimes. this guy there was telling a couple that for nikon, the lower models are crap, you gotta get at least a D300 and above and then they are good. what kind of BS is that. i wanted to tell him off man..lamer advice

Quote Originally Posted by sidloojl View Post
    lol, too friendly, we will never be satisfied huh...anyway, John 3:16 people talk rubbish sometimes. this guy there was telling a couple that for nikon, the lower models are crap, you gotta get at least a D300 and above and then they are good. what kind of BS is that. i wanted to tell him off man..lamer advice
    like i always say,

the smiling salesman is the one who leaves you feeling better after he's ripped apart your wallet.

That's the problem that JO 3:16 and even Jaben Networks(the Adelphi phones shop) face with hiring volunteers from unknown sources to work in their shops. Sometimes their advice and recommendations are, to be very blunt, quite laughable. Would have been totally ripped and coerced into buying expensive stuff in the latter had I not been limited by the money in my wallet

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    That's the problem that JO 3:16 and even Jaben Networks(the Adelphi phones shop) face with hiring volunteers from unknown sources to work in their shops. Sometimes their advice and recommendations are, to be very blunt, quite laughable. Would have been totally ripped and coerced into buying expensive stuff in the latter had I not been limited by the money in my wallet
    but this is John 3:16 we are talking about and such advice is given. i am truly very shocked!

and mind you, i think that guy was buying his first DSLR and in his hand was a D700, checking it out as recommended by that guy. and he speaks with so much confidence too.bloody hell.

Was it a young guy who was attending to the customer?

Aiya, actually recommending D700 is no big deal. Nowadays I go out walk walk along the streets sure can see at least one 5D2 and its so called kit lens. What is quite strange here is why the assistant labeled anything below the D300 as crap. D90 is by no means a crap camera.

yeah, young guy, fair skin.

ya, he says that nikon is only good for D300 and above. below that, he think it is lousy and don't recommend..precisely, D90 rocks!

p.s. that is cause i have one too..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    If you want to play safe, buy from Courts, Harvey Norman or BEST; you'll have to pay a little more.
    NEVER buy from Courts... they are a fraud. a few weeks back there's was the courts clearance sale n i was there, i checked out the price for the Canon SX10IS cos i bought one recently. on the price tag it was listed "MSRP$799, Sale:$769"... i was like "what the ****!" even on canon website stated MSRP is $769 already and that's what every other bigger electronic store like challenger, HN, Denki is selling w/o discount! So bascially they mark up there're price and sell at regular price during discount...

btw i bought my SX10 at HN for $699
    Last edited by tunge; 29th July 2009 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jones24 View Post
    Apologise for asking like this since it's probably somewhere in this forum.

I do not have much time to go through the forum and hence maybe you could name me a few shops other than those in sim lim or LP since i believe they try and cheat customers.

Btw there's quite a good shop in vivo selling canon brand cameras and they have a huge display of cameras used throughout the last century.
    I would like to suggest TK foto in Shaw Centre along beach road, very friendly shop and competitive price. The last time I bought a cam from there, the guy tested the cam for me before passing over to me for testing.

The last time I went to AP in Sim Lim, the guy took out the cam body from the box and pass to me , did not even fix up the lens
    Last edited by Nikonnew; 29th July 2009 at 12:30 PM.

Since I was thinking about getting a new digital camera your recommendations are very welcome. I will check out some of the shops you mentioned. Maybe I find some more reputable electronic stores on the Internet. I want a solid camera at a reasonable price - probably there's a higher chance to find a good offer online.
    Last edited by ortega; 20th August 2009 at 03:25 PM.

Blog Entries

unfortunately we are not looking for televisions
    link removed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12