Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 115

Thread: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Unless u are bringing your family with kids along or you do love the entertainment park, with 1.5 days I would rather explore the rest of the more photogenic areas of Osaka.

    Ryan
    Will be travelling with wife and daughter (as per 1st post in this thread). I've heard some advises to skip USJ since we're doing Disneyland & Disney Sea anyway in Tokyo anyway... and that's something we're open to consider.

    :Later,

  2. #62

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    USJ is a MUST!!!! Dun skip it... I would rather skip the other Dland... USJ is a fun place for every ages.

    Btw...harajuku onli got cosplayers on Sundays... weekdays are less crowded... however their cosplayers are world classed... Good for some shoots, before visiting Meiji shrine next door.

    I would recommend Odaiba cos of the open places they have there... many malls to visit and a beach!!! where you can rent a dog and walk it. Visit the old hongkong themed and old tokyo themed floors with many attractions and goodies to buy. COOL~~ kids will love it. And the raindow bridge, Fuji TV building, Palette Town,. etc... you can take photos of tokyo tower from there too... and if you were to stand facing the liberty lady... U can see MOUNT FUJI on your left!

    Edo museum is fun if you want to know more about samurai and old toyko history. And sometime you get to meet sumo wrestlers walking on the street.

    One more place I really love... in Ueno... really open my eyes!!! Truely shows me wat a museum should really be like... http://www.kahaku.go.jp/english/userguide/index.html
    National Museum of Nature and Science. They got like tons of dinosaurs skeletons, all kind of stuffed sea creatures, land mammals, moon rocks... it was really a mind blowing experience for me wat they are put in that old looking building. Many floors of VERY very educational for everyone in the family. and it is cheap!

    http://shinkan.kahaku.go.jp/floor/3f_en.jsp
    http://shinkan.kahaku.go.jp/floor/b2f_en.jsp

    I usually stays for 2 weeks at a time in tokyo for my trip... too many things to explore... and I have not finished YET! Business Apartment are just right for me... they got everything a normal apartment have... and quite cheap too. the sad thing is... I still dun really understand the rail network...
    Last edited by sabretooth; 18th August 2009 at 11:05 AM.

  3. #63

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by sabretooth View Post
    I usually stays for 2 weeks at a time in tokyo for my trip... too many things to explore... and I have not finished YET! Business Apartment are just right for me... they got everything a normal apartment have... and quite cheap too. the sad thing is... I still dun really understand the rail network...
    any recommendations for business apartments for like one week??

    Oakwood require minimum 30 days stay. I don't really like the locations of somerset Roppogi and Azabu east.

    Any other apartments in tokyo for like 1 week stays?

  4. #64

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    any recommendations for business apartments for like one week??

    Oakwood require minimum 30 days stay. I don't really like the locations of somerset Roppogi and Azabu east.

    Any other apartments in tokyo for like 1 week stays?

    http://www.furnished-apartment-tokyo...partments.html

    A few location here to choose from... if you take somewhere near to the central. It will be a non residential area. At nite will be quite quiet cos all the office workers went home liao except for a few drunk ones, but it will be nearer to most attractions. If the apartment is in the residential area, you can see all the people coming home from work in the evening.. at nite also more lively... the family taking a walk with the dogs... able to feel the more family side of the locals, instead of just looking at them rushing here and there all the time in the city central.

    Do this test. Try to look at anyone in the train... they will never make eye contact one.. something I always noticed

  5. #65

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    thanks for the link. Looks great.

    Anyway, there is a change of plans and I am flying into osaka instead of tokyo. Just saw that SQ is having promotional tickets to osaka. $528 only. So I booked my flights already.

    U happen to know any apartments in Osaka?

  6. #66
    Member hetfieldpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    www.flickr.com/hetfieldpaul
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    For photography, exploring the outskirts of osaka, kansai region is really nice

  7. #67

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    thanks for the link. Looks great.

    Anyway, there is a change of plans and I am flying into osaka instead of tokyo. Just saw that SQ is having promotional tickets to osaka. $528 only. So I booked my flights already.

    U happen to know any apartments in Osaka?
    sorry nope... still exploring Tokyo... hee hee...But Osaka will be another Cool City to visit. some say it is more fun than Tokyo and the people is warmer too. Have Fun!

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Thanks all for the inputs. Have decided to split the Tokyo accommodation as follows:

    - 4 Nights in Hotel Rose Garden Shinjuku. Semi-Double (Hot Buffet breakfast included) @ S$222 per night.
    - 2 Nights in Sunroute Plaza Tokyo. Since we're spending 2 days in Disneyland and Disney Sea, thought it might be better to stay around the Disney Resort area. Since the disneyland hotels are freaking expensive -- at almost S$600 per night! -- this official hotel sounds reasonable at sub-S$300 per night inclusive of breakfast.

    Thought I should just share.

    :Later

  9. #69
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    anyone tried toyoko inn before?

  10. #70

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    I am also looking at tokyo accomodations.

    I am thinking of citadines shinjuku.
    my wife wants somerset Azabu east.

    Anyway, anyone can recommend me a good japanese ryokan that comes with 2 meals like those u see on TV. I don't want to spend all nights at western hotels.

  11. #71
    Member hetfieldpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    www.flickr.com/hetfieldpaul
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Thanks all for the inputs. Have decided to split the Tokyo accommodation as follows:

    - 4 Nights in Hotel Rose Garden Shinjuku. Semi-Double (Hot Buffet breakfast included) @ S$222 per night.
    - 2 Nights in Sunroute Plaza Tokyo. Since we're spending 2 days in Disneyland and Disney Sea, thought it might be better to stay around the Disney Resort area. Since the disneyland hotels are freaking expensive -- at almost S$600 per night! -- this official hotel sounds reasonable at sub-S$300 per night inclusive of breakfast.

    Thought I should just share.

    :Later
    Good choice! i would be staying in a servie apartment in tokyo tho, my friends dad's one to be exact

  12. #72

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    anyone tried toyoko inn before?
    Have always stayed in Toyoko Inn when in Osaka..
    easy to book online
    dun need ring them to confirm
    reasonable economical
    some outlet come with free breakfast
    many outlet in different locations to choose
    just enough room for 2 person
    some of my opinion

  13. #73
    Member hetfieldpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    www.flickr.com/hetfieldpaul
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    I think its best to find your own breakfast in those japanese fish markets

  14. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Have booked my Tokyo accommodation. Staying at Rose Garden Shinjuku Hotel. Cheapest I could find was 10,000 yen a night (before taxes) for a Deluxe Double Room via Travelocity.

    Now it's time to go searching for Osaka accommodation.

    :Later,

  15. #75

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Disney Sea.. that's one picturesque place of attraction. Don't miss it. Mount Fuji...trip is too long.

  16. #76

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    any recommendations for business apartments for like one week??

    Oakwood require minimum 30 days stay. I don't really like the locations of somerset Roppogi and Azabu east.

    Any other apartments in tokyo for like 1 week stays?

    i stay at oakwood Shinjuku for 8 days last nov. They do allow short stay. You can email them directly.

  17. #77
    Senior Member Lomographer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paterson Road
    Posts
    2,047

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    any recommendations for business apartments for like one week??

    Oakwood require minimum 30 days stay. I don't really like the locations of somerset Roppogi and Azabu east.

    Any other apartments in tokyo for like 1 week stays?
    roppongi is good what, central and has direct access via metro to all the 23 wards.
    Pentax K-x

  18. #78

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by ShutterCentral View Post
    i stay at oakwood Shinjuku for 8 days last nov. They do allow short stay. You can email them directly.
    ya I email them already. They just changed policy recently

  19. #79

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by waann View Post
    Disney Sea.. that's one picturesque place of attraction. Don't miss it. Mount Fuji...trip is too long.
    I have been to both and I much prefer disneyland. got more attractions I think.

  20. #80

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Have booked my Tokyo accommodation. Staying at Rose Garden Shinjuku Hotel. Cheapest I could find was 10,000 yen a night (before taxes) for a Deluxe Double Room via Travelocity.

    Now it's time to go searching for Osaka accommodation.

    :Later,
    I just booked my Osaka accommodations. Swissotel in osaka. Right on top of nanba train station and takashimaya.

    Take one of the promotions it is 12500 yen (excl saturday) inclusive of tax for a pretty big room (32sqm) at high floors. I think it is a GREAT deal for a very good hotel in a very good location with a big room and only 12500 yen....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •