Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 115

Thread: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

  1. #41
    Member hetfieldpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    www.flickr.com/hetfieldpaul
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    booked return airfare on SQ for tokyo for $650 on 14th Nov they having promotion now

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ágætis byrjun
    Posts
    192

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by hetfieldpaul View Post
    booked return airfare on SQ for tokyo for $650 on 14th Nov they having promotion now
    650? Interesting. Is this for the a380? How much with tax?

    Will be travelling to tokyo/osaka in nov with the wife, a 4 yr old boy and a 6 mth old girl. I know its crazy with the temp and all.

    Any advice? Would like to visit the nature part of jp.

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by enkindel View Post
    650? Interesting. Is this for the a380? How much with tax?
    Our multi-city tix costs S$685 and $515 all in. SIN to Tokyo via A380. Osaka to Sin via B777. Travel around mid-December.

    ANA is cheaper at between S$470 and $520, IIRC.

    :Later,

  4. #44
    Member hetfieldpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    www.flickr.com/hetfieldpaul
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by enkindel View Post
    650? Interesting. Is this for the a380? How much with tax?

    Will be travelling to tokyo/osaka in nov with the wife, a 4 yr old boy and a 6 mth old girl. I know its crazy with the temp and all.

    Any advice? Would like to visit the nature part of jp.
    Sadly only sitting the a380 on the return flight, other than that departing in a boeing 747 , but for the price i paid, i guess i cant complain much, oh btw malaysian airlines offering fares @ around 400 with tax, and yes 650 is inclusive of tax

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ágætis byrjun
    Posts
    192

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by hetfieldpaul View Post
    Sadly only sitting the a380 on the return flight, other than that departing in a boeing 747 , but for the price i paid, i guess i cant complain much, oh btw malaysian airlines offering fares @ around 400 with tax, and yes 650 is inclusive of tax
    the 744 is a classic plane bro! to both pilot and fly. I feel that its a chance not to be missed to fly in these "antiques" before SQ retires them. Soon all will be a memory.

    Yep, you shouldnt be complaining abt the price, its a steal!

    btw, i'm looking at tokyo-osaka in december. Any nice place to visit?

    Would like to see the natural side of japan, eg lakes, mounts, countryside, something different from cosmopolitan tokyo.

    And my son is looking forward to a ride on the shinkansen.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Lomographer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paterson Road
    Posts
    2,047

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    i'd just cohose tokyo, won't bother with osaka...
    Pentax K-x

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Thumbs down Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Guys, I have shortlisted the following hotels that fall within my S$200 and below per night criteria. I have checked out other hotels out there -- like Sunroute Shinjuku Plaza -- and found that they do not accept 2 adults and 1 child in a double room (even if I am willing to pay extra for my kid).

    Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo
    Economy Double - 1 Double Bed - 17 Sq.Meters
    SGD 1102.51 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

    Hotel Monterey Hanzomon Tokyo
    Standard Double - 1 Double Bed
    SGD 1,061.50 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

    Shinjuku Washington Hotel Tokyo
    Double Room - 1 Double Bed - 14 Sq.Meters
    SGD 904.58 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

    Hotel Rose Garden Shinjuku Tokyo
    Double Room
    SGD 1,208.26 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

    Tokyo Ueno Touganeya Hotel
    Double
    USD $622.98 @ Expedia.com

    The B Ikebukuro Hotel Tokyo
    Deluxe Room - 1 Double Bed
    SGD 926.92 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

    What do I need? Well, I was thinking if you can give some feedbacks based on actual experience with the above -- if any. I think some of you may have actually considered the above in your previous or current hotel selection activity, so would like to hear how things turned out...

    Pros and Cons, I'd love to hear, especially from those who've been to Japan before.

    PS: I'm leaning towards Metropolitan Tokyo due to it being rated/reviewed nicely (top) in TripAdvisor.

    :Later,
    Last edited by Pinoy; 17th August 2009 at 10:03 AM.

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hangar
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Guys, I have shortlisted the following hotels that fall within my S$200 and below per night criteria. I have checked out other hotels out there -- like Sunroute Shinjuku Plaza -- and found that they do not accept 2 adults and 1 child in a double room (even if I am willing to pay extra for my kid).

    Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo
    Economy Double - 1 Double Bed - 17 Sq.Meters
    SGD 1102.51 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

    Hotel Monterey Hanzomon Tokyo
    Standard Double - 1 Double Bed
    SGD 1,061.50 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

    Shinjuku Washington Hotel Tokyo
    Double Room - 1 Double Bed - 14 Sq.Meters
    SGD 904.58 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

    Hotel Rose Garden Shinjuku Tokyo
    Double Room
    SGD 1,208.26 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

    Tokyo Ueno Touganeya Hotel
    Double
    USD $622.98 @ Expedia.com

    The B Ikebukuro Hotel Tokyo
    Deluxe Room - 1 Double Bed
    SGD 926.92 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

    What do I need? Well, I was thinking if you can give some feedbacks based on actual experience with the above -- if any. I think some of you may have actually considered the above in your previous or current hotel selection activity, so would like to hear how things turned out...

    Pros and Cons, I'd love to hear, especially from those who've been to Japan before.

    PS: I'm leaning towards Metropolitan Tokyo due to it being rated/reviewed nicely (top) in TripAdvisor.

    :Later,

    Hi,

    I will strongly recommend SunRoute as it is the closest to Shinjuku Station. Trust me. It takes you less than 3 mins to reach the station. Alternatively for other cheaper stay, Washington Hotel can be considered but this will require approx 15 mins or more of walking. This is not desirable when the weather is not favourable.

    One thing to note, the size of the hotels in Tokyo is very small... Too small for comfort, but anyway, most of the time you will be outdoors.

    There are electronics stores near the vicinity where you can shop for goods such as watches, cameras, mobile and others. The place is brightly lit with neon lights and advertisments.

    Last but not least, happy touring and shopping....

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    @MachIII.. thanks. I actually like Sunroute Shinjuku Plaza but as I said, they won't take in 2 Adults & 1 Child in a Double Room. They'd advised me to take up 2 rooms instead, and that's kinda silly for me (not just cost wise).

    :Later,

  10. #50
    Member hetfieldpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    www.flickr.com/hetfieldpaul
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Guys, I have shortlisted the following hotels that fall within my S$200 and below per night criteria. I have checked out other hotels out there -- like Sunroute Shinjuku Plaza -- and found that they do not accept 2 adults and 1 child in a double room (even if I am willing to pay extra for my kid).

    Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo
    Economy Double - 1 Double Bed - 17 Sq.Meters
    SGD 1102.51 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

    Hotel Monterey Hanzomon Tokyo
    Standard Double - 1 Double Bed
    SGD 1,061.50 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

    Shinjuku Washington Hotel Tokyo
    Double Room - 1 Double Bed - 14 Sq.Meters
    SGD 904.58 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

    Hotel Rose Garden Shinjuku Tokyo
    Double Room
    SGD 1,208.26 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

    Tokyo Ueno Touganeya Hotel
    Double
    USD $622.98 @ Expedia.com

    The B Ikebukuro Hotel Tokyo
    Deluxe Room - 1 Double Bed
    SGD 926.92 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

    What do I need? Well, I was thinking if you can give some feedbacks based on actual experience with the above -- if any. I think some of you may have actually considered the above in your previous or current hotel selection activity, so would like to hear how things turned out...

    Pros and Cons, I'd love to hear, especially from those who've been to Japan before.

    PS: I'm leaning towards Metropolitan Tokyo due to it being rated/reviewed nicely (top) in TripAdvisor.

    :Later,
    For how many nights? Well ive only been to tokyo once before on tour so ill be finding out more about myself when travelling with friends in November, so hopefully ill be able to relate my experience with you.

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by hetfieldpaul View Post
    For how many nights? Well ive only been to tokyo once before on tour so ill be finding out more about myself when travelling with friends in November, so hopefully ill be able to relate my experience with you.
    6 nights in Tokyo. Then 4 in Osaka (or perhaps Kyoto).

    :Later,

  12. #52
    Member hetfieldpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    www.flickr.com/hetfieldpaul
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    6 nights in Tokyo. Then 4 in Osaka (or perhaps Kyoto).

    :Later,
    The rates looks pretty reasonable then, well for osaka, based on advice from friends you wouldnt need 4 nights, 2 3 days in osaka should be suffice including universal studios, maybe you could take a train down to the kansai region or yeah fukuoka in kyoto

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by hetfieldpaul View Post
    The rates looks pretty reasonable then, well for osaka, based on advice from friends you wouldnt need 4 nights, 2 3 days in osaka should be suffice including universal studios, maybe you could take a train down to the kansai region or yeah fukuoka in kyoto
    Thanks. Not really intending to spend all ~4 days in Osaka.

    1 Day in Kyoto
    1 Day in Nara
    1 Day in Osaka (Universal Studios)
    Half Day in Osaka Aquarium and a bit of Osaka exploration

    :Later,

  14. #54

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by enkindel View Post
    650? Interesting. Is this for the a380? How much with tax?

    Will be travelling to tokyo/osaka in nov with the wife, a 4 yr old boy and a 6 mth old girl. I know its crazy with the temp and all.

    Any advice? Would like to visit the nature part of jp.
    If possible buy travel insurance before you go
    Last Dec my 10yr old daughter caught a cold
    on 2nd last day of the trip when see doctor at hospital
    and its expensive
    having travel insurance help
    just my 2 cts

  15. #55

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Thanks. Not really intending to spend all ~4 days in Osaka.

    1 Day in Kyoto
    1 Day in Nara
    1 Day in Osaka (Universal Studios)
    Half Day in Osaka Aquarium and a bit of Osaka exploration

    :Later,
    its of course to each his own when it comes to whats
    nice to visit and what's not
    to me , half day Kaiyukan is viable
    but half day a bit of Osaka exploration simply not enuf
    There's Dotomburi, America Miura, not to mention Umeda, Rinku Town etc..

    But rest assured its a trip you wouldnt forget!

  16. #56

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    @MachIII.. thanks. I actually like Sunroute Shinjuku Plaza but as I said, they won't take in 2 Adults & 1 Child in a Double Room. They'd advised me to take up 2 rooms instead, and that's kinda silly for me (not just cost wise).

    :Later,
    Book the Queen Size Rooms. They allow 2 adult 1 child.
    I just emailed them.

  17. #57

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Y not try Nishi Shinjuku? http://www.nshotel.com/english/index.htm I stay in this hotel back in 2007, the service and price is relative reasonable. Otherwise another option is to check out on http://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/.

  18. #58

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    not true, harajuku is still rather messy as there are alot of cosplayers around



    yea but which part do you prefer?

    noboribetsu is my choice for hot spring and skiing
    Well if you like cosplayers then it's ok... :-)

    I prefer Furano and Niseko... I would recommend the prince hotel. Ski in and ski out resort with decent enough food. Mountain is good for skiers and snowboarders alike.

    You ski at noboribetsu in San-laiba ?

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by ivantoh7 View Post
    Book the Queen Size Rooms. They allow 2 adult 1 child.
    I just emailed them.
    Ey! You've just given me hope!

    Thanks. I'll send them an email directly (not thru holidaycityjapan.com). Hopefully I get a positive reply from them.

    :Later,

  20. #60
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Thanks. Not really intending to spend all ~4 days in Osaka.

    1 Day in Kyoto
    1 Day in Nara
    1 Day in Osaka (Universal Studios)
    Half Day in Osaka Aquarium and a bit of Osaka exploration

    :Later,
    Unless u are bringing your family with kids along or you do love the entertainment park, with 1.5 days I would rather explore the rest of the more photogenic areas of Osaka.

    Ryan

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •