Thread: Pepper Mills

Default Pepper Mills

I've been wanting to get a pepper mill and recently, I see many of the stalls around having a good discount so I would like to get one.

Any kitchen guru knows which is the best brand?

I saw this Peugeot stall selling lots of different designs pepper mills and I was doubtful intially as I only knew them as a car manufacturer. But then when I googled them on the net, I found out they had been making pepper mills long before they made cars and the mechanism was designed by their engineer!

Since we're on the topic, what's the best brand of peppercorns?
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Default Re: Pepper Mills

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    I've been wanting to get a pepper mill and recently, I see many of the stalls around having a good discount so I would like to get one.

Any kitchen guru knows which is the best brand?

I saw this Peugeot stall selling lots of different designs pepper mills and I was doubtful intially as I only knew them as a car manufacturer. But then when I googled them on the net, I found out they had been making pepper mills long before they made cars and the mechanism was designed by their engineer!

Since we're on the topic, what's the best brand of peppercorns?
    I'm not sure about which mill is the best to get, but I prefer the ones that are in a metal housing, rather than wood or plastic housing. I have no explanation as to why I prefer them in a metal, apart from the aesthetics I suppose.

as for pepper corns, the ones I'm using were the ones I bought from Thailand on the advice of my mother, who claims that they're the best ones she has ever encountered.
    chicken fight!

Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    I'm not sure about which mill is the best to get, but I prefer the ones that are in a metal housing, rather than wood or plastic housing. I have no explanation as to why I prefer them in a metal, apart from the aesthetics I suppose.

as for pepper corns, the ones I'm using were the ones I bought from Thailand on the advice of my mother, who claims that they're the best ones she has ever encountered.
    Ohhh... thanks for sharing...
    Never knew Thailand was good for peppercorns... do you like them too?
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Ohhh... thanks for sharing...
    Never knew Thailand was good for peppercorns... do you like them too?
    to be very honest?

I can't tell the difference. heh.

I must admit though, it's a lot more pleasing to the nasal passages and cavities. the aroma is just different. but taste wise, I can't tell the difference between them Thai peppercorns and peppercorns from other countries/regions/planets.
    Last edited by terryansimon; 28th July 2009 at 08:33 AM.
    chicken fight!

interesting question..

what peppercorns are you looking at? white? black? I found this on the internet : http://www.spicelines.com/spices_black_peppercorns/

white ones.. i guess Sarawak's ? My friend gave me some.. and they are really good. spicier and more aromatic than the average ones found in the supermarket..
    Last edited by nicZnap; 28th July 2009 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nicZnap View Post
    interesting question..

what peppercorns are you looking at? white? black? I found this on the internet : http://www.spicelines.com/spices_black_peppercorns/

white ones.. i guess Sarawak's ? My friend gave me some.. and they are really good. spicier and more aromatic than the average ones found in the supermarket..
    Looking at black peppercorns... decided to get the Peugeot pepper mill after some research.
    Oh, I got the Sarawak pepper from KK airport... both white and black fine ground... haven't tried them yet... need to try them soon after what you said... hehe...

Nothing beats freshly ground peppercorns though... so I wanna get a pepper mill.