Thread: Something wrong?

Default Something wrong?

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I have a worrying question to ask
    When i detach the lens from the camera body, in the camera body, there's this small mirrors. They dun look clear to me.
    There's like some foggy stuff surrounding a square clear image.

Is this suppose to be normal? O.o

Default Re: Something wrong?

Does your photo look normal ?? If yes.... then everything is normal..... cause if that 'foggy stuff' is fungus.... your photo wouldn't appear normal.

For best result..... upload a pic of what that 'foggy stuff' looks like.....

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by orangebrainer View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm new here. I have a worrying question to ask
    When i detach the lens from the camera body, in the camera body, there's this small mirrors. They dun look clear to me.
    There's like some foggy stuff surrounding a square clear image.

Is this suppose to be normal? O.o
    At the mirrors? Does the image look blury thru the viewfinder?

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Does your photo look normal ?? If yes.... then everything is normal..... cause if that 'foggy stuff' is fungus.... your photo wouldn't appear normal.

For best result..... upload a pic of what that 'foggy stuff' looks like.....
    For your info, the SLR camera uses the mirror to bounce the image from the lens to the prism or another mirror and then to the viewfinder. When the picture is taken, this whole mirror assembly is swung upwards and the image is then recorded onto the sensor or the film. The mirror WILL not affect any of the pictures taken.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

if can take photo, if can see through viewfinder properly.. then who cares?

not itchy don't scratch

Best send to servicing.If it doesnt affect your pics dont touch lo.If you scared or what just send to the service center to clean it

I agree with night86mare. If there's nothing wrong, just go ahead and continue shooting.
    |SonyA700|T180mmf3.5|M70-210mmf4|S30mmf1.4|T17-50mmf2.8|T90mmf2.8|M5600hsdX2|

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    For your info, the SLR camera uses the mirror to bounce the image from the lens to the prism or another mirror and then to the viewfinder. When the picture is taken, this whole mirror assembly is swung upwards and the image is then recorded onto the sensor or the film. The mirror WILL not affect any of the pictures taken.

The reason why the mirrors don't appear clean is: they are semi-transparent. A portion of the light is reflected to the AF sensors and metering system (at the bottom of the mirror chamber). Here a link showing the EOS 1N sensors: http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...ring/index.htm