Thread: Need info and advised.

Default Need info and advised.

Hi All, I need some kind of info and advise regarding a request to shoot. I was approached by an event organiser to do a shoot for a car club Track Day. What should I said in my proposal letter? Do I need to take consideration of my lost hour because of taking leave from work, transportation and time to do the shoot in Malaysia? What is the market rate for doing a shoot in KL (Sepang Circuit) for 3 hrs session? Please advised.

Yours Truly,
    Rockers.

Default Re: Need info and advised.

So many things to take in consideration dude. Transport time and cost, lost time from work etc.

It maybe 3 hours but are you based in singapore or malaysia? because if you are in singapore then although you may be paid only 3 hours you may lost an entire day. so you do not have any competitive advantage taking up this project. unless of course the organiser is paying you a full day rate.

Unless you take unpaid leave I don't see the reason for factoring that into the bill. The employer doesn't care whether you have to take leave or whether this is your leisure time.

Im base in SG. So if I charge a full day rate, wats the market rate of covering a race event?

there is no market rate...

you name the price you think your customers should pay
    Pentax K-x

Ok Then if tats the case, I will charge accordingly. Thanks to all who gave input.

Cheers, Rockers.

good luck for your event!
    Pentax K-x

Thanks dude.