Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: good 4~5 day getaway plans for europe

Default Re: good 4~5 day getaway plans for europe

Update:

Thanks everyone for your help and advice! My plan is as follows:
    Ljubljana, Bled, Plitvice NP, then Split, Trogir/Hvr Island and finally Dubrovnik for about 12 days~.

Will update with pictures once I can do some PP after the trip.

Think i m too late on this.
    Europe is convenient as travel by rail is relatively efficient and reasonably priced.
    If u like medieval Europe, Prague (Czech), Krakow (Poland) and Romania are three of the greatest places
    for your photo exploits.
    Best time to go when the American tourists are not yet there (i.e. before the summer holidays) or after the peak holiday seasons.

Ah, since this thread is about europe. i'll be going to Munich (germany) for a year soon, just wondering if i actually need to buy a dri cabinet there for Nikon D90.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex13717421 View Post
    Ah, since this thread is about europe. i'll be going to Munich (germany) for a year soon, just wondering if i actually need to buy a dri cabinet there for Nikon D90.
    If you got the money, why not. But of course buy only when you reach there.
    My understanding - ambient humidity will always higher then the recommended humidity for camera storage.

Italy

Berlin is worth a day or two as it still has soviet east meets west feel in some areas.
    Learning DSLR control http://stormtrigger.blogspot.com/

bro thinking of going travel agency and get all the brochures that has all the places to check out? might come in handy!

Quote Originally Posted by Complex13717421 View Post
    No need la.. just buy some zip lock boxes and store inside with the silicon gels.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    No need la.. just buy some zip lock boxes and store inside with the silicon gels.
    i think that's just being too OTT (over the top) for caring about your camera... unless you're going to places with constantly high humidity (ie Sweden, London where it's always raining), you're probably not going to miss the 'dry box'.

I'm just planning on bringing some silica gel.. like those big packs that come together when you eat WAN WAN japanese rice biscuits. cheap and good. Oh but ziplocks should be handy... esp for poor weather.

Quote Originally Posted by waderbreak View Post
    i think that's just being too OTT (over the top) for caring about your camera... unless you're going to places with constantly high humidity (ie Sweden, London where it's always raining), you're probably not going to miss the 'dry box'.

I'm just planning on bringing some silica gel.. like those big packs that come together when you eat WAN WAN japanese rice biscuits. cheap and good. Oh but ziplocks should be handy... esp for poor weather.
    heh, i suggest that becos he's going for a year. I think it's ok if it's one year since he even considering buying cabi.

If you buy those plastics lockbox, get LOCK & LOCK. very good.

heh but buying a dry cabinet (those 30L ones) really OTT. The camera would probably do much better in Europe considering the relative humidity is not as high as ours on a daily basis and the weather's not always wet/hot/raining. On the other hand, nemesis32's suggestion for a lockbox is better. very sturdy, can put lots of gel and it's cheaper.

Why would you want a box? Might be some risk of theft in those places you are going to, but it seems to be a bit much to carry around.

it's actually Complex13717421
    that wants to buy dri cab...but i suggested lock boxes instead since he only there for 1 yr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12