Thread: "Ah-Gong, Ah-Ma & I" Photo Contest

Default "Ah-Gong, Ah-Ma & I" Photo Contest

Hello guys! I'm currently involved in a dementia-awareness community project. Bringing in my <3 for photog, we've added a section for you (particularly youths) to send in photos depicting precious moments of you with your grandparents (or with any dear elderly whom you'd call them "ah gong" or "ah ma"). The photo send-in is part of an on-going competition where you'll gather as many points as you can on the web portal, and the one with the highest points will bag home an iPod shuffle.

More details can be found at: http://dact09.xi-ayl.com/photo.php

Do join if you are keen! And do stumble through the webpages if you would like to find out more about dementia and how it may affect you. =)
    Last edited by aHxi-o; 23rd July 2009 at 11:51 PM.
    Tousand Word - A thousand words not read but seen, not seen but felt, not felt but experienced

Default Re: "Ah-Gong, Ah-Ma & I" Photo Contest

ups for a good cause!
    Pentax K-x

A couple of questions.

1. Is this only for youths or anyone can participate?
    2. Do I have to be in the picture? or it could be my child with my mother etc.??
    3. Is this competition open to anyone living in singapore or only Citizens and PR's?
    4. I did not understand the x multiplication and the point system. How does it work?

Thanks
    D90 | 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 || flickr || photoblog

Hi... sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your interest in the competition!

1. Is this only for youths or anyone can participate?
    2. Do I have to be in the picture? or it could be my child with my mother etc.??
    3. Is this competition open to anyone living in singapore or only Citizens and PR's?

The competition is open to students, both local and foreign alike , currently studying in a local institution. As long as you are a student, everything else is okay!

4. I did not understand the x multiplication and the point system. How does it work?

Participants gain points thru the online portal. x multiplication will be a factor your scores will be multiplied to. eg. if you gathered 200 points and gain a x10 multiplication, ur eventual score will be 200 + (200 x 10) = 2200.

Hope that clarifies!
    Tousand Word - A thousand words not read but seen, not seen but felt, not felt but experienced

We also have a "publicity video", titled "My Dearest Ah Ma". You can check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD312iW2JHc =)

Upssss! I think it's great opportunity for youths to capture some precious moments with their ah gong ah ma....I failed to and Im regretting now. So ups for this good cause!