Thread: Putting it on ...

Default Putting it on ...

How do you guys install the LCD protectors for your cam? I tried (and already down to the last piece ) but seem that i find lots of bubbles in it. Tried 'pushing' them away using the supplied piece of 'card' ... helps a bit but then the LCD protector end up having some lines (scratches). Given up for now, until someone can guide me the correct (or easier way). Thanks

Put a drop of alcohol or lens cleaner on the lcd before putting the protector on. Same technique as PDA screens.

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100
    Put a drop of alcohol or lens cleaner on the lcd before putting the protector on. Same technique as PDA screens.
    aahhh ... will that result in the alcohol/lens clearner flowin into the LCD? so this method will result in no bubbles etc? as for alcohol, vodka can ka? *lol* just joking ... will try that tomorrow with lens cleaner ...

If you're nervous about it start with a very small drop, or drop it on the protector instead of the LCD. Have a dry cloth or tissue nearby to quickly wipe up the excess.