Thread: Tour de France 2009

Default Tour de France 2009

Anyone following the tour as well? What's an exciting stage today!
    Videographer @ A Merry Moment

Default Re: Tour de France 2009

I do try to watch it coz it's shown on free to air TV in Australia. mountain climbing stages are such slow stages, and for obvious reasons... but I couldn't stay awake at most of the race.
    chicken fight!

Hehe but they are pretty exciting stages as that's when you see a lot of movements on the General Classification.

So at least one other person here do watch TdF.

haha i follow tour de france abit too. lol

Following almost every night. It is shown live on Eurosports for those who has the sports subscription from Starhub cable TV.

And looks like the Astana team missed occupying the top 3 places after Cantador tried to tighten his grip on the yellow jersey against team orders.

Contador moves closer to second Tour de France win
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Am following this year's one cos of Lance Armstrong..... The stamina of these guys especially the mountain stages is truly amazing!!

Today's time trial will be fun to watch. Lance to finish top 3!!

Saturday's mountain stage will be the decider!.....

And btw, the Schleck brothers are impressive as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Following almost every night. It is shown live on Eurosports for those who has the sports subscription from Starhub cable TV.

And looks like the Astana team missed occupying the top 3 places after Cantador tried to tighten his grip on the yellow jersey against team orders.

Contador moves closer to second Tour de France win
    Yeah it's really interesting to see contador's attack turn out to be a bad move. Poor kloden got sabohed.

I'm not a big fan of Lance, but his performance is indeed impressive. Schleck brother's performance is as expected, but it's so cool that they finished together yesterday.

The mountain stages are fun to watch....thats where Lance tears it up. But I enjoy watching all the stages during the tour de france. It is crazy the stamina these guys have.

Contador is crazy good! He just beat even Fabian Cancellara in today's ITT. O_O

How do they accelerate up a hill!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by noob117 View Post
    How do they accelerate up a hill!?!?
    Thats the difference between top professional cyclist and the rest of us mere mortals cyclists

Thats the difference between top professional cyclist and the rest of us mere mortals cyclists
    LOL indeed.

Anyway do you guys ride alone or with friends? I ride with Team Midpoint, a toa payoh-based cycling group. Do join us if you stay nearby. Our rides can be up to 20 ppl on good days.

Quote Originally Posted by kniveswood View Post
    LOL indeed.

Anyway do you guys ride alone or with friends? I ride with Team Midpoint, a toa payoh-based cycling group. Do join us if you stay nearby. Our rides can be up to 20 ppl on good days.
    I will usually just ride with 2 friends, either along ECP or West Coast. The last time we attempt to ride up Mount Faber, I was already "pan chek" halfway up the slope. But that was after cycling 20km to get to Mount Faber. Thats why I really respect all those cyclists taking part in the Tour De France.

Yup, they definitely deserve respect, even the slowest ones.

We do organize Mt Faber almost every monday. There are two ways to go up leh, there is a supposedly safer, slightly less steep, but longer way. And also a steeper, more dangerous in terms of cars, but shorter way.

I go up one round wanna die liao, but some of us can go several rounds without rest haha.

I will usually just ride with 2 friends, either along ECP or West Coast. The last time we attempt to ride up Mount Faber, I was already "pan chek" halfway up the slope. But that was after cycling 20km to get to Mount Faber. Thats why I really respect all those cyclists taking part in the Tour De France.

Tour De France riders seem to be sprinting through the whole tour, or izit just their normal cadence

i ususally ride alone, at the hills at LCK and NTU, quite managable there. haven tried mountfaber, thou it looks like a scary climb.

As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.