Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What is this technique called?

Default Re: What is this technique called?

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    How come you never include my apology as well
    Ops so sorry bro... didn't mean to give you a miss...

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    You're not the only one who feels this way and made similar comments before. But CS has always been like this, whether we like it or not. Sometimes Newbies also give attitude replies.

Just take things easy bro, there are some members here who still give pretty good photography advise. But sometimes the harsher ones are also good advise, only harder to swallow

But take heart, you sure deserve my respect...

Blog Entries

Group Hug everyone ?

Thanks for the links ..... hugely enlightening.....

I cant help but applaud the girl's bravery ...... I mean, doing that action on a beam in those few seconds of darkness (? guess ?)with so many strobes going off (counted about +/- 10 captures in the sequence)
    Last edited by ed9119; 24th July 2009 at 01:25 AM.

The first pic, i think can only be done with an external flash.

You have to set your flash to shoot at multiple intervals, example 1/64 at a frequency of 1Hz. In this way, the flash will illuminate the subject with at flash intensity of 1/64 the normal level, at 1 flash per second. You could change it to 2 Hz or other frequencies but this is mostly experimental.

The second pic is done by rear curtain sync. Most dslr and some ps cameras have this function. For the case of canon dslr, you need to go to custom function to set the camera to rear curtain sync. Then, use a long exposure, say 5s. Then the flash will go off at the end of the exposure, illuminating the subject and hence "freezing" the motion.

Quote Originally Posted by cantaresg View Post
    The first pic, i think can only be done with an external flash.

You have to set your flash to shoot at multiple intervals, example 1/64 at a frequency of 1Hz. In this way, the flash will illuminate the subject with at flash intensity of 1/64 the normal level, at 1 flash per second. You could change it to 2 Hz or other frequencies but this is mostly experimental.

The second pic is done by rear curtain sync. Most dslr and some ps cameras have this function. For the case of canon dslr, you need to go to custom function to set the camera to rear curtain sync. Then, use a long exposure, say 5s. Then the flash will go off at the end of the exposure, illuminating the subject and hence "freezing" the motion.
    THANKS for the explanation man really appreciate it

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456