Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What is this technique called?

Default Re: What is this technique called?

Quote Originally Posted by Bcool View Post
    you have?
    yea... you should've seen student... wah.

ok no OT or we will kena.
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    I've seen more than you for sure. But I don't see any here, just some bush fire
    i've been reading CS since 2006...

espn... student? ring any bells?
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by khloh46 View Post
    After 3 pages of replies, it seems that nobody has elaborated on the below, in a language which can be understood by newbies...

"Single exposure. Multiple images created with custom flash synchronization and multiple flash heads."
    "Single exposure, combination time exposure with tungsten spotlight and electronic flash to freeze the end pose."

This thread has side tracked too far from its original purpose...

This is a thread for newbies to get a warm welcome from the community of Clubsnap, isn't it not?
    I think this one must use drawings to make the concept easy to understand for most.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    yea... you should've seen student... wah.

ok no OT or we will kena.
    I haven't had the pleasure of meeting up with him but have seen his posts.
    what's your point? flame war?.....we don't need any here.

After 3 pages of replies, it seems that nobody has elaborated on the below, in a language which can be understood by newbies...

"Single exposure. Multiple images created with custom flash synchronization and multiple flash heads."
    "Single exposure, combination time exposure with tungsten spotlight and electronic flash to freeze the end pose."

This is a thread for newbies to get a warm welcome from the community of Clubsnap, isn't it not?
    Ha ha...yes yes, there are probably enough words here to answer this qn 3 times over. Too bad I do not know the answer, so who ever know, and willing to share, pls .......

i've been reading CS since 2006...

espn... student? ring any bells?
    ESPN now is moderator liao. Student graduate and took up fencing.

So what you trying to say that you've been reading CS since 2006? You're an 'old bird' who can 'order' mods to close thread and ask members to make peace but still need your mummy to pay for all your fancy gears?

I've been reading combat book since I'm 12, that will make me a war veteran

lol 4 pages.. anyhow, is there a name for the techniques used?

regardless. i think this noob/pro/senior hierarchy is a deadweight in clubsnap, especially in a photographic forum environment. I feel that sometimes, our forum has not been as dynamic or vibrant because of hierarchy.

The label for being an 'old bird' or 'pro' or g'reenhorn' is redundant cuz nobody really knows how pro you are or how noob you are. You might know how to set up multiple strobes or know your way around astrophotography, but where does the 'pro/noob' label really end?

What's really more important is that people be forthcoming in teaching/learning from each other, and promoting the sort of environment that is beneficial to local photography.

Quote Originally Posted by waderbreak View Post
    lol 4 pages.. anyhow, is there a name for the techniques used?

regardless. i think this noob/pro/senior hierarchy is a deadweight in clubsnap, especially in a photographic forum environment. I feel that sometimes, our forum has not been as dynamic or vibrant because of hierarchy.

The label for being an 'old bird' or 'pro' or g'reenhorn' is redundant cuz nobody really knows how pro you are or how noob you are. You might know how to set up multiple strobes or know your way around astrophotography, but where does the 'pro/noob' label really end?

What's really more important is that people be forthcoming in teaching/learning from each other, and promoting the sort of environment that is beneficial to local photography.
    People who start READING CS since 2006 can all be consider as 'old bird' or 'pro'.

Sorry for the OT statement above, I agree with your comment fully
    But sometime not realistic to achieve cause 'artists' are known to have weird tempers

Guys .... this is the Newbies Corner, so let's be more understanding.

There are new newbies, average newbies and lau newbies.
    Remember when we first started, we asked, "what's this Aperture thingy?"
    So, IMHO, if you hate to read silly questions, do not come in here unless you want to help around ... and plse be more polite to the newbies.
    always the Light, .... always.

It is good TS made the first step

now where's rashkae?
    I'm learning how to cook...

Sorry for my blunt remarks.
    Alpha

Ok I try to explain the technique. Sorry I don't know the name, but that's of little importance, isn't it? Most important is the result.

For the first sentence, it is explaining a SINGLE EXPOSURE (one single opening and closing of the shutter) in which the subject moves from start position to the end, but is illuminated at certain intervals by a flash. Obviously the whole sequence is only a second or 2, and no normal flash can fire so many shots so rapidly, so multiple flashes were used.
    Exploring! :)

For the second photo
    The subject is being constantly lit with a tungsten (i.e. filament) light during the sequence, thus showing a smooth 'flow' in the movement.
    The brighter flash at the very end allows the camera to 'freeze' the final posture.

hope that's clear enough... in plain english.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Ok I try to explain the technique. Sorry I don't know the name, but that's of little importance, isn't it? Most important is the result.

For the first sentence, it is explaining a SINGLE EXPOSURE (one single opening and closing of the shutter) in which the subject moves from start position to the end, but is illuminated at certain intervals by a flash. Obviously the whole sequence is only a second or 2, and no normal flash can fire so many shots so rapidly, so multiple flashes were used.
    For the second photo
    The subject is being constantly lit with a tungsten (i.e. filament) light during the sequence, thus showing a smooth 'flow' in the movement.
    The brighter flash at the very end allows the camera to 'freeze' the final posture.

hope that's clear enough... in plain english.

Thanks alot bro! after reading 4 pages i finally see some light!
    That is really helpful!

Multiple flashes were used and their firing are pre-synchronized as mentioned by the photographer. The firing of the flashes help to freeze the action at certain positions. If anyone has seen the setup of how the 360 effects are created in The Matrix, the idea is something like that.

CLAP CLAP CLAP ...

If you had only answer this earlier, i wouldn't have to read thru 4 pages of flame to reach here.

Quote Originally Posted by davidtka View Post
    CLAP CLAP CLAP ...

If you had only answer this earlier, i wouldn't have to read thru 4 pages of flame to reach here.
    Like that more fun mah, more interactions with fellow members

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I'm learning how to cook...

Sorry for my blunt remarks.
    Sorry for my blunt remarks too.

Apologies
    Pentax K-x

stroboscopic or “strobe” photography?

Sorry for my blunt remarks too.

Apologies
    I also apologize

wow, so many apologies, i join in too

i apologise for having an opinion

i apologise for existing.

sob, goodbye cruel world

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast