Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is this technique called?

Default Re: What is this technique called?

K,sorry for the rudeness and immature reply to Rashkae Have a nice day,guess i'm in the wrong to use vulgarities in the first place.And yeah i don't really understand what the description says thanks anyway.

Do a search over the internet. SHould be easy to get the idea of what's going on. Sometimes better than getting flamed for nothing.

diao..

i look at this "custom flash synchronization and multiple flash heads." i also duno wat it means.
    i can only know he custom the flash and use mutiple flash.

but if ur a noob. would u know wats custom flash/ mutiple flash.

most noob would not heard of more than 1 flash. they only know automatic flash. seriously...i also haven figure out all the functions of my sb800. haha

NM...dun be bad la. once ts is bad to scold ppl retard. guess we as photographer should always help each other out try help noob, which is good for building cs reputations/image.

if u dun feel like spoon feeding - then dun give comments la...dun need to flame ppl. im sure some nice ppl in cs enjoying giving spoonfeed to a certain extend.
    we all were fed once right
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

I am a GWC. Just because you hold a sword does not mean you are a swordsman. Just because youhave a cam in hand does not grant you the title of 'photographer'.

I think both TS and some replies here are both wrong and right.

1) When a newbie ask a qn that seems basic to some people, the first assumption is, "he did not check". But for the benefit of doubt, the newbie could be so new, he did not even know what is the difference between zoom and aperture.

2) The reaction of the TS was really too "hot" also lah, it is possible that the people did not understand what you really wanted to ask.

I am a newbie also, but I take the opportunity to be able to answer some qns here as a chance to learn myself. Sometimes we thought we know something, but when we try to put it in words and explain to people, the tongue get all twisted.

I think we just have to practice a bit of patience and give people the benefit of doubt, anyway, that's what most forumers claim to do " we are all here to learn", lets just practice what we preach.

learn to give and take. be sensitive and be objective. don't be overtly emotional.

end of story. Mods, your job to lock this thread up and ship it to NotreDame.

thanks.

yup i think the closure of the thread is in order

mods, do the honour
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by deeEFF View Post
    K,sorry for the rudeness and immature reply to Rashkae Have a nice day,guess i'm in the wrong to use vulgarities in the first place.And yeah i don't really understand what the description says thanks anyway.

As the saying goes "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom."

Wow...TS, with the humility you've shown above, i believe you will go far in all you do.

A very warm welcome to ClubSNAP.

Now who was it that says "It takes a great man to say 'I'm sorry.'"
    TS has shown his maturity and explained why he did not under the terminology used.
    This is a newbie section. Agreed some come in to be spoon fed.
    But that's what this section is all about. Asking.....
    If one feels strongly about spoon feeding, then don't response.
    Move on.

I am a newbie, ever posted as a newbie, but somehow I found the level of graciousness in the forum (from some seniors) not too positive .. in fact you can see a trend of particular "seniors" who enjoy lambast newbies' questions.

That is why I once remarked, a photographer or a person who thinks he is one, forgets that someone out there is always better than you, and humbler too.

Just reading the book by a worldclass photographer who works for National Geographic and others, the stunning photos he shared were described with wit, self-deprecating humour and humanness. My respect goes to such great photographers.
    Last edited by mindfulness; 23rd July 2009 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mindfulness View Post
    I am a newbie, ever posted as a newbie, but somehow I found the level of graciousness in the forum (from some seniors) not too positive .. in fact you can see a trend of particular "seniors" who enjoy lambast newbies' questions.
    You're not the only one who feels this way and made similar comments before. But CS has always been like this, whether we like it or not. Sometimes Newbies also give attitude replies.

Just take things easy bro, there are some members here who still give pretty good photography advise. But sometimes the harsher ones are also good advise, only harder to swallow

It is good TS made the first step

now where's rashkae?
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    You're not the only one who feels this way and made similar comments before. But CS has always been like this, whether we like it or not. Sometimes Newbies also give attitude replies.

Just take things easy bro, there are some members here who still give pretty good photography advise. But sometimes the harsher ones are also good advise, only harder to swallow
    hehe yes be cool always must be like a zen master hearing those sweet sound of music

Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    learn to give and take. be sensitive and be objective. don't be overtly emotional.

end of story. Mods, your job to lock this thread up and ship it to NotreDame.

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    yup i think the closure of the thread is in order

mods, do the honour
    I don't understand why you guys have to tell the mods what to do in regards to closing the thread. You mean they can't decide on their own whether to close the thread or not?

Well I'm glad the mods didn't close the thread as per 'ordered'. The few postings that came after that are pretty encouraging

It is good TS made the first step

now where's rashkae?
    Bro, you sibeh kaypoh lah, are you the official thread commentator?

Just let things be lah, don't have to push. We're not primary school kids here.

Bro, you sibeh kaypoh lah, are you the official thread commentator?

Just let things be lah, don't have to push. We're not primary school kids here.
    sorry, can't stop myself.
    Pentax K-x

I don't understand why you guys have to tell the mods what to do in regards to closing the thread. You mean they can't decide on their own whether to close the thread or not?

Well I'm glad the mods didn't close the thread as per 'ordered'. The few postings that came after that are pretty encouraging
    you haven't seen no flaming wars yet...
    Pentax K-x

After 3 pages of replies, it seems that nobody has elaborated on the below, in a language which can be understood by newbies...

"Single exposure. Multiple images created with custom flash synchronization and multiple flash heads."
    "Single exposure, combination time exposure with tungsten spotlight and electronic flash to freeze the end pose."

This thread has side tracked too far from its original purpose...

This is a thread for newbies to get a warm welcome from the community of Clubsnap, isn't it not?
    Last edited by khloh46; 23rd July 2009 at 03:50 PM.
    Flickr : www.flickr.com/khloh46/collections
    Photoblog : keithloh.blogspot.com

I've seen more than you for sure. But I don't see any here, just some bush fire

you have?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast