Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is this technique called?

Default Re: What is this technique called?

Yes, and did it occur to everyone that TS did read the description but the description is just describing how it's done, but he is asking for the technique's name?

A newbie wouldn't know a lot of technical terms too.
    Last edited by tabako; 22nd July 2009 at 11:23 PM.

There's quite a high chance that most newbies wouldn't have gotten what was in the description..unless the photog spoonfeeds with stuff like 580EX2 45deg 1/1

Quote Originally Posted by tabako View Post
    Yes, and did it occur to everyone that TS did read the description but the description is just describing how it's done, but he is asking for the technique's name?
    Looking at it closely, yes

Rashkae bro, he really didn't ask for anything else

It was assumption on your side, yes?
    Pentax K-x

Quote from 1x.com:
    "Single exposure. Multiple images created with custom flash synchronization and multiple flash heads."
    "Single exposure, combination time exposure with tungsten spotlight and electronic flash to freeze the end pose."

Seriously, it is not like those caption is going to make sense to a newbie
    I certainly would appreciate the seniors here to explain in more layman terms, or maybe I just need to read more books, or maybe the moderators here can create a sub forum here call "Super Green Noobs Newbies Corner" so that these type of questions can be posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    Looking at it closely, yes

Rashkae bro, he really didn't ask for anything else

It was assumption on your side, yes?
    The website's name is one exposure. All shots are single exposure. All his shots are a single long/time exposure.

What's to assume?
    Alpha

hehehe its really fun here!!flame is fun!!lol
    By the way i read the description of the technique done, but what do you called that technique or that process? i think thats his query...and for a newbie (like me) its still difficult to digest such technical terms..so for the "pro" out there kindly elaborate how that images was made..and for that you'll be helping a lot of newbies here.

Well, I feel that yes the reply to the TS could have been better worded.
    But still, I believe harsh words like those of the violent response from the TS was uncalled for.
    Even if you've had a lousy day, a bad cold, an unlucky hand at mahjong... one should generally not respond in such a manner, especially not in a forum like this where gentlemanly behaviour is the rule of the day.
    Remember, many a war is sparked off by a moment of anger.
    Humility, will see one further in life.
    Apologies, my opinion.

Nah... TS basically posted an open-ended question. I don't think is fair to expect us to understand his intention or meaning of his question.

As a newbie, I can understand how he felt, but his should have replied to clarify his question rather than ...

Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    Nah... TS basically posted an open-ended question. I don't think is fair to expect us to understand his intention or meaning of his question.

As a newbie, I can understand how he felt, but his should have replied to clarify his question rather than ...
    Precisely what I meant.
    Don't react negatively. Nothing wrong with say "Sorry sorry, perhaps you didn't understand what I was trying to say..." or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Precisely what I meant.
    Don't react negatively. Nothing wrong with say "Sorry sorry, perhaps you didn't understand what I was trying to say..." or something to that effect.
    Well you'll be pissed if somebody said something harshly to you without even understanding your question in the first place, even though if it is a vague question, its really uncalled for to reply in the tone that Rashkae did.

To TS, he did nothing wrong except for being a newbie, wouldn't you be pissed as well. Lets say Rashkae started learning cooking on his own, but a chef comes in without even understanding what he is trying to create and say Rashkae is a useless piece of crap, stop wasting everyone's time by learning cooking because he will never ever in a million years make any good progress.

Lets say Rashkae started learning cooking on his own, but a chef comes in without even understanding what he is trying to create and say Rashkae is a useless piece of crap, stop wasting everyone's time by learning cooking because he will never ever in a million years make any good progress.
    It's true. I'm lousy as a cook. I can only fry.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    It's true. I'm lousy as a cook. I can only fry.
    Dun worry, I never for a second doubt that you are a useless piece of crap.

Not very sure why this thread is still alive...
    But seriously, we should all learn to hold our tongue.. what do we gain out of all this?

Regards
    D3s / D3x / 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 / 55-200 f3.5-5.6 / 50 f1.8

Oh come on la deys. TS is just a newbie like me.
    This is 'NEWBIES CORNER' if some old birds or seniors cannot tahan us NEWBIES asking NEWBIES type of questions then dont come this 'NEWBIES CORNER'.

If everybody just come to this forum, read rules and do what who-ever say "did you even try searching" or whatever sh!t, from today onwards nobody will post new threads already can.

Cos just search will will results, ya? God damn it.

Obviously somebody has replied in a sarcastically manner to a newbie for posting some newbie question. Newbie will always wrong, ya?
    But TS you also got wrong la. You scold also scold the wrong way liao.
    Must remember to censor next time.

Treat the infraction as a lesson.
    Or else, there are a lot other photography forums THAN here. much better

TAKE CARE GUYS

Quote Originally Posted by LomoPhotographer View Post
    Oh come on la deys. TS is just a newbie like me.
    This is 'NEWBIES CORNER' if some old birds or seniors cannot tahan us NEWBIES asking NEWBIES type of questions then dont come this 'NEWBIES CORNER'.

If everybody just come to this forum, read rules and do what who-ever say "did you even try searching" or whatever sh!t, from today onwards nobody will post new threads already can.

Cos just search will will results, ya? God damn it.
    i second that

if you can't tahan the newbies question, don't reply
    Pentax K-x

Seriously man, you guys should be more courteous to newbie, that's why this thread is created in the newbie section, if you so pro, you can choose not to come into newbie section however you just want to showoff your "proness"

I sympathized and understand why TS used such strong words, you guys just dun have net etiques at all. Hide behind your keyboard and just lashed out at people. Remember you were newbie once.
    this is like saying

"we will spoonfeed all you kiddies"

i think, that shows way more disrespect to any newbie, i.e. assuming that they are hapless babies who need spoonfeeding.

demanding the basic adulthood characteristic of being sufficiently independent when it comes to learning, i think that is respect.

my ideology when i answer questions, is how i learnt. yes, people are different, but i'm sure there's some basic level of intelligence and resourcefulness, i do not think that is too much to ask for.

anyhow, i am not sure what threadstarter is asking.. if it's asking about lighting setup, people can GUESS. but only the original photographer will know what went on. but i guess that has been mentioned already.

cheers.
    Last edited by night86mare; 23rd July 2009 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LomoPhotographer View Post
    Or else, there are a lot other photography forums THAN here. much better
    you realise, the same applies when it comes to talking about photography forums.

if you don't like clubsnap, then don't come. you will not be missed sorely.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    you realise, the same applies when it comes to talking about photography forums.

if you don't like clubsnap, then don't come. you will not be missed sorely.
    He'll be back....

Newbies forums are for newbies and imbeciles. Only _-_-_-_ post here. SO if you think you are smart. FISH off from this area.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast