Thread: Bringing DSLR to Europe during winter season

Default Bringing DSLR to Europe during winter season

Hi Seniors,

Would need some advice on the above , as it would be my first time bringing my DSLR to Europe during winter season around November period ..

Default Re: Bringing DSLR to Europe during winter season

and the lenses as well ..

Wow.. that's early this year. Usually such questions pop up in October or later. Have you tried some searching? Obviously not then just a couple of days ago there was the question How cold can yr DSLR go? (key words for next search are highlighted).

Quote Originally Posted by melvyn83 View Post
    and the lenses as well ..
    I can't say much about the DSLR as I am a new owner of one too but would certainly like to hear from others. As to the lens, I don't see a problem. I have personally used such lens on my film SLR at -20 deg C environment. Unless they don't build lens today like they used to (mine are more than 10 yrs old)
    However, I think you need to watch out the condensation on and perhaps inside the lens/camera though as you transit from the cold/freezing outdoor to the warm heated indoor. An easy way is to put your equipment into a ziplog bag, squeeze out the air, before going indoor. In this way, the condensation on the lens/camera, if any, should be contained to a minimum level.

Quote Originally Posted by melvyn83 View Post
    Hi Seniors,

Would need some advice on the above , as it would be my first time bringing my DSLR to Europe during winter season around November period ..
    Taken from ClubSNAP's Terms of Use, Rules and Regulations:

2. New Posters (newbies) - Use the Search Engine to find out if whatever information you are seeking has been posted before posting a question.

Please don't be lazy and expect people to spoonfeed you.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Taken from ClubSNAP's Terms of Use, Rules and Regulations:

2. New Posters (newbies) - Use the Search Engine to find out if whatever information you are seeking has been posted before posting a question.

Please don't be lazy and expect people to spoonfeed you.

i hope you are not a school teacher..... else pity those poor kids

Quote Originally Posted by memorylane View Post
    i hope you are not a school teacher..... else pity those poor kids
    Don't. I teach my students how to learn and explore on their own, how to use the gray matter in their heads. They don't just sit there and expect to be spoon-fed facts they can then just memorize for tests. They actually *learn* and understand. They then go out and pity the people who cannot understand stuff that didn't come up in one of their textbooks.

They would have enough common sense to realize that a very very active forum has probably answered almost every n00b question tenfold already, and just search.
    Last edited by Rashkae; 22nd July 2009 at 10:14 PM.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Don't. I teach my students how to learn and explore on their own, how to use the gray matter in their heads. They don't just sit there and expect to be spoon-fed facts they can then just memorize for tests. They actually *learn* and understand. They then go out and pity the people who cannot understand stuff that didn't come up in one of their textbooks.

They would have enough common sense to realize that a very very active forum has probably answered almost every n00b question tenfold already, and just search.
    Seriously what have u got against the people asking questions here, I've seen so many of your post criticizing others. If you simply dont agree or whatever, you simply dont reply them. All your replies arent constructive at all. Let those who wants to reply replies, who are you to judge. If you wanna post your comments post it in a nice way, stop being so harsh, else just go away, probably this newb thread is not a place for u man.

It might simply slip the TS mind to search and that doesnt make him someone without common sense. Again, who are you to judge and criticize? go back to teach those students of yours that enjoyed your teaching and your uncultured way of putting things across. Probably signing up for communication course might be a good thing for your self development.
    Last edited by byteyou; 23rd July 2009 at 01:15 PM.

While searching about how cold, also read up on condensation when bringing cold camera into warm humid environment.

By the way, Europe covers a very wide climate range.