13th December 2003, 01:47 AM
Anyone has any idea on how i can obtain the smudgy borders like that typcially illustrated in StreetShooter's pix?
An example from StreetShooter can be found @ http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=54435v
AFAIK, GIMP in Linux platform has an inbuilt option to achieve that. Anything like that in Photoshop?
Thanks in advance...
13th December 2003, 01:50 AM
Who's better in enlightening all of us than StreetShooter himself??...heh...I also wan to learn how to make fancy borders leh...heh
13th December 2003, 06:34 PM
i'm a newbie to these stuff (yeah including photography) but after some pain ... i found these ...
1. Open image
2. Select using Rectangular Marquee (area around the edges)
3. Press Q (to quick mask) ... the outer portion of the marquee will turn red
4. Select Filter, then eg. Brush Strokes, Splatter
5. Press Q again (the red section will disappear)
6. Go to Select -> Inverse
7. Press Delete to delete the outside section.
Sorry if the steps don't sound clear enuf (i am real bad in these instruction stuff). Give it a try using different filters to obtain different effects.
Hope this helps. I works for me.
13th December 2003, 09:03 PM
15th December 2003, 02:33 AM
Greatly appreciated Streets...