Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pls advise: SLR cameras

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    Hehehe ..... say want to evaluate first ..... so let him evaluate lor ..... me quite confident in my maintenance .... Look at my Flashlight Looks as good as new ..... Whahahahahahhaa
    Yah yah! U sure that person doesn't want to buy the body together with your 5400HS? Forgot to ask u the other day

Quote Originally Posted by vivientan
    Yah yah! U sure that person doesn't want to buy the body together with your 5400HS? Forgot to ask u the other day
    He want hammer flash ......

Quote Originally Posted by djchris
    I would encourage u to try to get the 300v over 300 coz the 300v has a steel mount and the 300 has a plastic one.
    I own an EOS 300--also 2nd hand. It makes a great entry-level SLR.

I used to worry about that but the plastic (tough polycarbonate resin) used in EOS 300 is tough enough to handle all but the heaviest lenses--even the Tamron tanks. In fact, because of the plastic mount, it makes the EOS 300 one of the lightest EOS cameras around.

The EOS 300V is an updated version of the EOS 300 with a comestic upgrade and slightly better functions, like continuous shooting, backlit LCD, lit focusing points, built-in dioptic viewfinder and higher positioned built-in flash (all which I decided that I could live without to save about $100+).

One advice--save some money from the body and splurge on the lens and film instead.

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    Don't want .... me shy ......
    Come lah, dun be shy...I've try many bodies before... My latest sqeeze is the medium body...

Back to the topic...any camera will do lah...you must feel comfortable with it...what I feel is you need to know what you can do with the camera you are going to buy...know what you want...

Quote Originally Posted by vader
    Come lah, dun be shy...I've try many bodies before... My latest sqeeze is the medium body...

Back to the topic...any camera will do lah...you must feel comfortable with it...what I feel is you need to know what you can do with the camera you are going to buy...know what you want...
    me second that .... I had tried a Nikon and a Canon before I bought my Minolta .... hehehe .... the feel was there when I brought the camera .... just felt "shiok" when I hold it .

But now, I had changed to Canon because Minolta refused to come out with a DSLR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12