Thread: Problem with 430EXII..pls help

Default Problem with 430EXII..pls help

Hi,

Recently I encountered some strange behavior of my flash 430XE2. Most of the time the exposure are OK but sometimes it's extremely overexposed even without changing any settings. After few shoots or changing the flash direction it goes back to normal. It's random but the problem is more frequent now.

Anybody experienced this?

Thanks

Default Re: Problem with 430EXII..pls help

Quote Originally Posted by peterlimyk View Post
    Hi,

Recently I encountered some strange behavior of my flash 430XE2. Most of the time the exposure are OK but sometimes it's extremely overexposed even without changing any settings. After few shoots or changing the flash direction it goes back to normal. It's random but the problem is more frequent now.

Anybody experienced this?

Thanks
    happened to me once.. the flash switched from ETTL mode to TTL with full output of 1/1.. i read somewhere in the forum it could be due to the switch that your camera has, that detects there's a external flash..

try this.. when u attach your ext flash, and the same problem occurs, press your pop up flash button.. if the pop up flash does come up, means the switch on the cam got problem.. can be easily repaired though
    Canon EOS 6D|EF 24-70L|EF 16-35 f2.8L II|EF 70-200 f4L IS|580EXII|

It is due to a loose contact problem between the 430EX II and the camera itself. You'll notice that sometimes you can shake the whole set up and a flash will fire off. Send it to CSC and they'll tighten it up for you.

Thanks
    But it's a grey set. not sure if CSC will charge me for that