Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: GST for imported lens

  1. #21

    Default Re: GST for imported lens

    Quote Originally Posted by rendition View Post
    Nah, if you buy from authorized distributors, you can't escape. You can't even put it as 'gift', unless you're sending to a US address.

    These gifts thingy, repaired item, under declaration of value etc is just very eBay... I mean usually practiced (illegally) in eBay only.
    For first party invoice, stating items as gift will not have any merit. I'm talking about third party invoice declaration.

  2. #22
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: GST for imported lens

    While we're on imported camera items, I'd like to advise everyone to think twice before ordering tripods and lightstands. You will suffer a slow and painful death via volumetric weight

  3. #23

    Default Re: GST for imported lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    While we're on imported camera items, I'd like to advise everyone to think twice before ordering tripods and lightstands. You will suffer a slow and painful death via volumetric weight
    And don't buy guitars too

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: GST for imported lens

    It's a risk for the buyer.. stating no value means if anything happens to the "goods", there is no compensation from the shipping companies since it is "no value".

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Yea, glad you learn something new today

    It's not just about stating the item as gift...but being able to declare you own value for that.

  5. #25

    Default Re: GST for imported lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    It's a risk for the buyer.. stating no value means if anything happens to the "goods", there is no compensation from the shipping companies since it is "no value".
    It's not no value, but of no commercial value. You must state a price of cos. But whether if it's worth it to save on the GST cost and risk like what you say on the compensation part, it depends on the owner liao.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    509

    Default Re: GST for imported lens

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    It's not no value, but of no commercial value. You must state a price of cos. But whether if it's worth it to save on the GST cost and risk like what you say on the compensation part, it depends on the owner liao.
    ah, but there's a problem here, it isn't foolproof..sigh.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: GST for imported lens

    Guess the only way is for someone to bring it in if you don't want to pay GST. Of course cannot be in a sealed packing lah.. if not it might still be taxed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •