Thread: Need Advise on Flash

Default Need Advise on Flash

Hello everybody

I am getting a Flash for my Canon 40D, for the first time as the build in one is limited.
    Was thinking of getting the Canon Speedlite 430EXII, but the prize is quite steep for me at S$470. Cos i am a bit cash strap this year.

Should i stick to get the 430EXII or other third parties Flash out there ?
    Would anyone advise on which to get ?

Thanks ....

Default Re: Need Advise on Flash

Canon original flashes work best with the bodies, especially with ETTL. So for the best bang for your buck - stick to the original Canon flashes for reliablity.

Consider second hand: the 430EX II is about $400 or less. There's also the 430EX I to seriously consider.
    Also the 420EX if you're cash strapped. Or if you have a bit more to spend, get a second hand 580EX I or II.

If you dont need so much power or a good tilt/swivel because you're not going to use umbrellas/bounce flash etc. - consider the 380EX even.. (: But the 430EX is a good all-round flash for small-scale use.

Quote Originally Posted by 5tHalo View Post
    Hello everybody

I am getting a Flash for my Canon 40D, for the first time as the build in one is limited.
    Was thinking of getting the Canon Speedlite 430EXII, but the prize is quite steep for me at S$470. Cos i am a bit cash strap this year.

Should i stick to get the 430EXII or other third parties Flash out there ?

Thanks ....
    do you always need to use the flash...if once in a while, just rent the darned thing.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Seriously, 430EXII. Other than batteries (sometimes), I can't be bothered with 3rd party electronics.

Thanks everybody for the replies.

I will definately get a Canon 480EXII instead..

I will definately get a Canon 480EXII instead..
    Don't confuse yourself later at shop, it's either 430EXII or 580EXII, not 480EXII.