Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insure your prized equipments?

Default Insure your prized equipments?

Hi!

do you guys actually insure your precious pieces of metal and plastics from accidental mishaps? like say you have a job which requires you to go to construction sites. you need to lug around your camera. so the chances of anything doing damage to you equipment is there. anyone can recommend me a place where i can insure my equipment for a day or during my period of job?

advices much appreciated!

Default Re: Insure your prized equipments?

The depreciation of electronic equipment is quite drastic for individual. Most company have a general insurance to cover this. You can check with various insurance company for details.
    Media Consultant
    Video & Photography Services

I have asked around but the results are always in these 2 categories:

1) Premium is expensive or not economical for the coverage desired (accidental damage / lost / robbery)

2) Coverage not as required (does not cover accidental damage / lost or reimbursement only up to 2k)

whichever, the plans are not specifically for the photography equipment and business.

Probably a general business insurance which tommytang specified is available but may not cover all that liabilities that you want.
    G

Quote Originally Posted by eejal View Post
    Hi!

do you guys actually insure your precious pieces of metal and plastics from accidental mishaps? like say you have a job which requires you to go to construction sites. you need to lug around your camera. so the chances of anything doing damage to you equipment is there. anyone can recommend me a place where i can insure my equipment for a day or during my period of job?

advices much appreciated!
    if I am not mistaken, when your equipment is inventory in your job or business, you should be able to get insurance cover for it.
    for my case, I bought insurance for all my equipment riding on my home policy. the premium paid is not extravagant but the coverage is quite good (covers when I am overseas too). check with your insurance agent, best person to advise you.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkspin View Post
    if I am not mistaken, when your equipment is inventory in your job or business, you should be able to get insurance cover for it.
    for my case, I bought insurance for all my equipment riding on my home policy. the premium paid is not extravagant but the coverage is quite good (covers when I am overseas too). check with your insurance agent, best person to advise you.
    but there is a limit to the payout if ride on home policy (abt $2k i think - i am guessing u are using AXA or AHA).

furthermore, they only cover loss not accidental damage if covered under business. your equipment must be listed in the policy too or else is just unscheduled items...
    G

Thumbs up Re: Insure your prized equipments?

I highly recommend a plan. Covers $2000 against damages of theft for any kind of personal effects, including our precious DSLR, your LV prada gucci wallet/bags, ID card replacement, handphone, your rolex panerai AP IWC etc etc. Best part, it's only $50 premium a year.

So, just in case something went wrong for your camera, you know you have this fantastic plan to cover part of your losses.
    photokelly

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla60 View Post
    but there is a limit to the payout if ride on home policy (abt $2k i think - i am guessing u are using AXA or AHA).

furthermore, they only cover loss not accidental damage if covered under business. your equipment must be listed in the policy too or else is just unscheduled items...
    I am currently paying about 1K. I need to check on the policy on the payout and get back.

I am currently paying about 1K. I need to check on the policy on the payout and get back.
    $1k!!! wow....that is some serious $$.... is it p.a? but do post the details...it may be worth looking at it...
    G

Quote Originally Posted by photokelly View Post
    I highly recommend a plan. Covers $2000 against damages of theft for any kind of personal effects, including our precious DSLR, your LV prada gucci wallet/bags, ID card replacement, handphone, your rolex panerai AP IWC etc etc. Best part, it's only $50 premium a year.

So, just in case something went wrong for your camera, you know you have this fantastic plan to cover part of your losses.
    mmm.....the payout seems a bit too little...is there a higher plan?
    G

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla60 View Post
    $1k!!! wow....that is some serious $$.... is it p.a? but do post the details...it may be worth looking at it...
    1K p.a inclusive of my home coverage (all my photographic equipment are itemised with purchase invoice). now need my Mrs to pull out the policy....

1K p.a inclusive of my home coverage (all my photographic equipment are itemised with purchase invoice). now need my Mrs to pull out the policy....
    how much is your insured photographic gears worth?

wat coverage is available?
    G

What's the name of the plan?

Lightbulb Re: Insure your prized equipments?

It's call ID Guard.
    photokelly

It's call ID Guard.
    from which company bro?

It's from AIG. I'm getting it too.
    photokelly

For me, I got my stuff insured up to 20k on personal equipment and another 35k on rented equipment.

care to share more abt the plan that you are currently under?
    Quote Originally Posted by agape01 View Post
    For me, I got my stuff insured up to 20k on personal equipment and another 35k on rented equipment.

My insurance company is run out of new york in the US and it is for most PRO shooters.

How I got it is that first off, you need to be a member of ASMP to get the rate that I am paying for and only after that then you are allowed to ask that company for a quote.

anyone keen to get your equipement covered with home insurance or id guard can Pm me

Allianz has a mobilesafe plan for electronic equipments.

http://www.allianz.com.sg/mobileSafe.htm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast