Thread: Watch this ...

Default Watch this ...

My second attempt @ shooting watches ... please comment ... used hand to 'block' external flash slightly to create a mysterious lighting. Hope it works *LOL*

a polarizing filter might enhance the contrast and reduce the reflections off the watch glass.

For this shot I'm using what I'm used to see in ads to offer my comments.

You may want to somehow prop up the watch for it to stand vertical or at an angle. It's somehow weird to see a watch lying down--judging from most commerical shoots they usually prop them up.

Another suggestion is that you may want to crop out the overexposed part at the bottom. The uneven line doesn't lend very much to a professional image. So after you crop the bottom, crop the top as well to balance it out.

Liked the lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by emollientcolt
    a polarizing filter might enhance the contrast and reduce the reflections off the watch glass.
    thanks a lot. finally i am begining to learn about the usage of my cir pol filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    For this shot I'm using what I'm used to see in ads to offer my comments.

You may want to somehow prop up the watch for it to stand vertical or at an angle. It's somehow weird to see a watch lying down--judging from most commerical shoots they usually prop them up.

Another suggestion is that you may want to crop out the overexposed part at the bottom. The uneven line doesn't lend very much to a professional image. So after you crop the bottom, crop the top as well to balance it out.

Liked the lighting.
    thanks for your comment. note taken. will surely try shooting it vertical (the watch). had some problem making it 'stand' coz it was on my bed *lol*

glad u like the lighting. thanks a lot.