Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Anyone affected by the Green Banding on the K7?

  1. #1

    Default Anyone affected by the Green Banding on the K7?

    http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/p...tion-body.html





    and quite a number of the guys are getting replacement sets.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  2. #2
    Member Limited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    694

    Default Re: Anyone affected by the Green Banding on the K7?

    I heard from somewhere that, it wa's due to sensor over heated, and using the cam in live view for long period, or for long exposure. If no one using as mentioned, than this wil not happen. Also heard that the left AF sensor having problem too.

  3. #3
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Anyone affected by the Green Banding on the K7?

    Did you by any chance have permission to post other people's photos or not???

  4. #4
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: Anyone affected by the Green Banding on the K7?

    why u ask? i thought you said you sticking to K20D?

  5. #5
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: Anyone affected by the Green Banding on the K7?

    Looks like if you pixel peep then you can see. Otherwise dun see the banding at all . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  6. #6

    Default Re: Anyone affected by the Green Banding on the K7?

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Did you by any chance have permission to post other people's photos or not???
    As long the link to where the pics/topic are from is stated, shouldnt be an issue. Can always remove upon request.
    Thought you would know?

    Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    why u ask? i thought you said you sticking to K20D?
    Being inquisitive i guess...so from the lack of responses i am guessing the SG stock dont have this issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Looks like if you pixel peep then you can see. Otherwise dun see the banding at all . . .
    How about video output? if dont have, dont mind can post your serial number first 4 digits like 3378xxx?
    Last edited by Reportage; 20th July 2009 at 10:58 AM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  7. #7
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Anyone affected by the Green Banding on the K7?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    As long the link to where the pics/topic are from is stated, shouldnt be an issue. Can always remove upon request.
    Thought you would know?
    Posting the link is fine, but it would be good that you either post your own pictures or get the go ahead from the persons beforehand before posting their images here...
    Don't just anyhow assume "it shouldn't be an issue" if you're using other people's photos however good or crappy it may be... if not people can and will accuse you of leeching their images.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Anyone affected by the Green Banding on the K7?

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Posting the link is fine, but it would be good that you either post your own pictures or get the go ahead from the persons beforehand before posting their images here...
    Don't just anyhow assume "it shouldn't be an issue" if you're using other people's photos however good or crappy it may be... if not people can and will accuse you of leeching their images.
    Is that so, have yet to receive a single request yet but i suppose its because the pics are used within the original context. If however the pics were to be used in an entirely different context then would be absolute to inform the image owner what the picture will be used for but thats my intrepetation. From the original link, the TS was asking if any others had the same problem as he had which is similar to this thread`s context.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Anyone affected by the Green Banding on the K7?

    I have used the K7 in rather challenging situation; low lighting, long exposure...etc but have not encounter the green banding (touch wood!).

    After 2,800 frames for work & leisure... all seems well.
    http://www.facebook.com/francisl?ref...8&id=673590974

  10. #10

    Default Re: Anyone affected by the Green Banding on the K7?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    Is that so, have yet to receive a single request yet but i suppose its because the pics are used within the original context. If however the pics were to be used in an entirely different context then would be absolute to inform the image owner what the picture will be used for but thats my intrepetation. From the original link, the TS was asking if any others had the same problem as he had which is similar to this thread`s context.
    Well, practically speaking, you are correct in that you are unlikely to get any complaints and that in the unlikely event that a complaint comes, taking down the photos is likely going to resolve the issue.

    However, strictly speaking, any reproduction of a work (which is what you did here) without the express consent of the creator is an infringement of his or her copyright.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    533

    Default Re: Anyone affected by the Green Banding on the K7?

    Quote Originally Posted by watchthewaves View Post
    Well, practically speaking, you are correct in that you are unlikely to get any complaints and that in the unlikely event that a complaint comes, taking down the photos is likely going to resolve the issue.

    However, strictly speaking, any reproduction of a work (which is what you did here) without the express consent of the creator is an infringement of his or her copyright.
    Agree with Denis and watchthewaves. Whether or not you get any complaints is besides the issue, its just not right to post other people's photos without their permission. Besides, they may well have a different view of you and may not appreciate the reproduction of their pictures on other sites, even if its set in the same context.
    Scene in Singapore
    Lens of the month: Mamiya Sekor 60mm f2.8 Macro

  12. #12

    Default Re: Anyone affected by the Green Banding on the K7?

    I'm closing this thread for now. If anyone see any banding from your K-7 or any other Pentax camera, please share it at the forum.

    Thanks to you all.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •