Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stinking smell in Peninsula Plaza??!!!

Default Re: Stinking smell in Peninsula Plaza??!!!

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    i am only a boy, remember?
    Mer-Boy! Hmm ... I wonder if there's an Neptunic law for trysts between underage mer-boys and koffkoffoldermer-maidskoffkoff?

nah, mermaids are unreal. I only like sharks.

As for betel nuts girls, they smell nice with perfume. They are pretty and dainty. But it is a dangerous job if you do not know. Some truckers rape them on the freeway and hence they are always pretending to be on the phone throughout the night.

Betel nuts usually get popular during winter when the crops are at their best. Betel nuts do not have pungent smell. In fact they smell nice when wrapped in fresh leafs. The taiwanese has a very different version compared to the Indian betel nuts. But these are usually consumed by countryside people, even in China.

Time to sell betal nuts in peninsula plaza...employ some nice smelling perfumed betel nuts girls to sell...man-made Air freshener for the whole plaza...btw i'm surprise that rent has increased in PP(as reported by new paper today)..

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    So how many 檳榔西施 you have smelt?
    if the smell is really caused beta nuts...i tink no need go taiwan smell 檳榔西施...jus walk in PP and u can smell all 檳榔西施 liao

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    not really. smells quite different. for someone who grew up in the 80s and 90s in little india, the smell overpowers me too.
    veri sure is leh
    in fact just makan something this afternoon from them.

pple from the old punggol will recognize it.

Bengchiat kor kor,

I smelt you before. You smell ok lah... I heard you are so handsome; maybe all the betel nuts mei mie will rush for you at PP.

Jokes aside, you are a really nice person.

Quote Originally Posted by bengchiat View Post
    veri sure is leh
    in fact just makan something this afternoon from them.

pple from the old punggol will recognize it.

Wow, I cant imagine Jollin singing and selling betel nuts...

many kor kor and didi will google on you lor. emmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Jollin View Post
    Time to sell betal nuts in peninsula plaza...employ some nice smelling perfumed betel nuts girls to sell...man-made Air freshener for the whole plaza...btw i'm surprise that rent has increased in PP(as reported by new paper today)..

Those who eat plenty of pork has a certain smell too. Likewise for spices and onions.
    Eat pork got what smell? I'll like to know.

Fish sauce, same smell if you go to golden mile. It is needed for myammar and thai dishes.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Eat pork got what smell? I'll like to know.
    if u eat pork...dun go east coast sun tan...u smell like Bah Kua(肉乾)

Quote Originally Posted by whoelse View Post
    Fish sauce, same smell if you go to golden mile. It is needed for myammar and thai dishes.
    It's not fish sauce. It's the ingredients they used to preserve their food, especially their veg. Something like our 'giam cai'.

I used to have a Malay gf and she said the thing about chinese... "bau china" which means "chinese smell" esp in the morning. Hands up how many of u have the habit of bathing in the morning before going to work? The "chinese smell" is pretty offensive esp in a crowded bus while going to work.

And u should hear what the angmohs say about asians who eat durians... eeew.

My point is, every race will have something to say about another, be it smell, looks, tastes etc.

stay off the racial topic guys.

actually i feel the thread has achieved its purposed. hmmmm..
    sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    I think it is the smell of the young bamboo shoots, I remember when my mum cooks this young bamboo shoots from a can, the water has this smell......it maybe that they use the water instead of throwing it away.

Some people may also not like the South East asian way of cooking with 'belachan' aka trassi or prawn paste........but I (used to) love it!

HS
    Taste is acquired. For those who are sensitive to certain foods, frequent exposure to it will make you appreciate it - just like "localised" Ang Mohs eat durians and the big intestines of pigs too.

Chinese nationals who stayed here long enough will also like our curry laksa noodles - will also ask for more belacan!

All cultures have their "strong smelling" foods. Taiwanese have the smelly tofu, the Swiss and French have their traditional blue cheese, Icelanders have their fermented shark and the Swedish have their specially preserved egg. Most foreigners not used to these strong smelling foods will not appreciate these foods. For those who appreciate it will list it as as "delicacy".

For creativity, we must concoct a new dish using all the strongest smelling foods above. And who knows, it may result in the best smelling/delicious dish in the world. Eureka!

Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Taste is acquired. For those who are sensitive to certain foods, frequent exposure to it will make you appreciate it - just like "localised" Ang Mohs eat durians and the big intestines of pigs too.

Chinese nationals who stayed here long enough will also like our curry laksa noodles - will also ask for more belacan!

All cultures have their "strong smelling" foods. Taiwanese have the smelly tofu, the Swiss and French have their traditional blue cheese, Icelanders have their fermented shark and the Swedish have their specially preserved egg. Most foreigners not used to these strong smelling foods will not appreciate these foods. For those who appreciate it will list it as as "delicacy".

For creativity, we must concoct a new dish using all the strongest smelling foods above. And who knows, it may result in the best smelling/delicious dish in the world. Eureka!
    durians stirred with young bambooshoots and fish sauce with fermented tofu toppings
    pedantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post

The reason I used the belachan example, was to show to those that blame the smell to foreigners in PP, that in reverse there are people who also don't like the local use of belachan......trying to tell them to look at themselves first before commenting on others.

Anyway, what you said is right off course, like when one goes to do their big business in the toilet, you won't smell your own 'produce'......but others will definitely smell it! And when you finished your business, and leave the toilet, you will also smell it once you re-enter the toilet!

Quote Originally Posted by proteonXPR View Post
    durians stirred with young bambooshoots and fish sauce with fermented tofu toppings
    Forgot to add sambal belachan, chinchalok and natural 'village-style' yoghurt - goat's milk, gargled by a group of village women, spat into a container and left in the sun for several days to ferment.

I once tried the burmese food there... didnt really like it.

i happen to know a very rich burmese lady (she is chauffer driven and is a tai tai). i asked her if there is a burmese fine dining here in singapore, or maybe something really really nice. she said the local variety are mainly for commoners. she fly to home country to enjoy nice food occassionally and when in singapore, she eats normal restaurant food like we do.

A side note: My humble view is that the myamya workers (in Singapore) are very hard working people. Their contribution to the workforce are way above average in terms of work attitude and efficiency. I had seen them work and many of those whom i know are very good workers. They talk less and work more. I know some of them and we do meet once every 6mths for chit chat.

As PP happens to have many merchants selling their products, it is only natural they make that place their second home.

Burger King had moved out already for obvious reasons. However, for those who are keen to discover some burmese foodstuff or essential items, go there to appreciate their culture. Well, let us accept them as we accept one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    stay off the racial topic guys.

actually i feel the thread has achieved its purposed. hmmmm..
    Actually the topic of the thread is already racist. We all know what Peninsular Plaza is know as.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Have you actually been there? It's quite different to say "don't complain" until you walk in. Hits you like a brick wall.
    Have you being too places much worst that this one?

A side note: My humble view is that the myamya workers (in Singapore) are very hard working people. Their contribution to the workforce are way above average in terms of work attitude and efficiency. I had seen them work and many of those whom i know are very good workers. They talk less and work more. I know some of them and we do meet once every 6mths for chit chat.

As PP happens to have many merchants selling their products, it is only natural they make that place their second home.

Burger King had moved out already for obvious reasons. However, for those who are keen to discover some burmese foodstuff or essential items, go there to appreciate their culture. Well, let us accept them as we accept one another.
    The Myanmarese are indeed very hardworking people and I have the privilege to work with them before. And on top of that, they are a very determined race as well.

Now you tell me, what is the obvious reason that you say made BK move out of Peninsular? I'll like to hear that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast