Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Rant: I really don't get some buyers these days...

Default Re: Rant: I really don't get some buyers these days...

Quote Originally Posted by defn View Post
    No need people to say it's my fault, I also know that lor.

But that person has no dignity/integrity/ethics in doing such stuffs. Anyway it's not about the $10 man, it's about the principles!
    I do agreed that it is not about the money but the principles.
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    Send me $10, I want to teach you a lesson
    i already paid $5 for my personal lesson leh lol

Quote Originally Posted by defn View Post
    No need people to say it's my fault, I also know that lor.

But that person has no dignity/integrity/ethics in doing such stuffs. Anyway it's not about the $10 man, it's about the principles!
    It's not your fault that you are trusting. How can the victim be at fault in this case?

know the market before you sell.

Quote Originally Posted by sidloojl View Post
    know the market before you sell.
    Ya, this is damn true. But also compare the purchase price of the good the seller paid to the price his bid price. I personally find it CHEAP of sellers who brought canon 17-55 F2.8 to sell at 1.2k when the seller brought the item at 1.2k a year ago. Just because the price went to 1.4k++ in the market, those cheapo are trying to cover their loss by selling at the price they paid for the lens. Haiz....

ethical problems on both the buyer and seller ends la..can't be helped..

so buyers must also do a bit of historical market research.lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    Ya, this is damn true. But also compare the purchase price of the good the seller paid to the price his bid price. I personally find it CHEAP of sellers who brought canon 17-55 F2.8 to sell at 1.2k when the seller brought the item at 1.2k a year ago. Just because the price went to 1.4k++ in the market, those cheapo are trying to cover their loss by selling at the price they paid for the lens. Haiz....

I don't understand this logic.

I don't think its wrong of them to sell as according to the market price, assuming the item is in a condition that is acceptable to buyers. The only reason why you'd feel that way is probably because you'd be "losing out" in a sense while someone else breaks even.

i think it's fine.

for example, if oil became a scarce resource, just because i bought it at $1.87 per litre doesn't mean i don't have the license to sell it at $2 per litre when there is an oil crisis. or $20, or $200.

same goes for any other commodity, most of which are not necessities.

are you going to berate the people who get limited edition collectibles and make a 200000% profit? no! so why should you criticise camera/lens sellers if they sell at correct current market price?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what you just described. If you bought your lens and $1.2k, and then you feel like selling it at $1.1k, please let me know.... But don't say I cheat you hor... because you did it to yourself.

It's supply and demand. Willing buyer, willing seller, everything above board and transparent... then it's ok.

yeah, it is the sense of getting cheated in that sense cause that guy breaks even. jealousy?

It's the market mechanism at work. There's nothing wrong with this, and do avoid applying such labels to people liberally.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

you're not forced to buy from them. think the price is ridiculous? don't buy! go buy a new one!

seriously, the prices in B&S here are ridiculous. 10% off a new lens with warranty and they expect to sell? i won't buy anything 2nd hand if it's less than 30% off a new one.
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    you're not forced to buy from them. think the price is ridiculous? don't buy! go buy a new one!

seriously, the prices in B&S here are ridiculous. 10% off a new lens with warranty and they expect to sell? i won't buy anything 2nd hand if it's less than 30% off a new one.
    I think you meant 'without' warranty right? That's why there are many repost and 'reduced price' postings

[QUOTE] There's absolutely nothing wrong with what you just described. If you bought your lens and $1.2k, and then you feel like selling it at $1.1k, please let me know.... But don't say I cheat you hor... because you did it to yourself.
    /QUOTE]I totally agree...Very ridiculous to see such claims.Just because I bought some lens last year before the price increases, why should I sell at below the market value?

yeah, we must like the market do it's work, then just follow it. buyers and sellers alike.

You must understand that these people may have bought from Courts or Harvey Normans, etc... so they price they are trying to sell may be 30% off what they paid. However, they will soon realise that they cannot sell at those prices and adjust their expectations accordingly.

Appreciate everyone's view here. Learnt something.

then you jolly well dun buy from B&S lah... as simple as there.. there are tons of people who would love to buy it at 10% off...

Quote Originally Posted by weixiang1900 View Post
    then you jolly well dun buy from B&S lah... as simple as there.. there are tons of people who would love to buy it at 10% off...
    i am sure he's not buying

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast