Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Rant: I really don't get some buyers these days...

Default Re: Rant: I really don't get some buyers these days...

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    to be fair, no one really wants to read so much text online. i rant sometimes too, and it's a waste of time, only maybe 2 people will bother to read that many words.

maybe if you space every line, like so.
    haha be fair to him also lah. there are ppl who think they are the smartest and what they think and do is always right. i believe this is a process one is going thru when growing up.

anyway a wall of text wont hurt even if it crashes on u lol. I just find it wierd when im just ranting for a $5 and felt cheated due to my own carelessness got me shot at lol. i was more to looking at bo bian suey to meet this kinda buyer.

I have been trading online for couple of years and that was the worse buyer and happened to be the 2nd last buyer i met up not too long ago. overall everyone has been a very good buyer/seller towards me.

some even worse, they tested it, say good good wow wow, bring it home, used it overnite and then next morning complain say not sharp... want refund.

i tell him off that he had tested it on the spot, used it overnite and now say not sharp ?

.. i told him no refund or sort as lens has been tested ok as confirmed by him and used over the nite ! How would i know what he did with the lens during that nite ? maybe dropped it at home !?

so frens, always ask buyer to bring camera, test and confirm for themselves ! second hand products cannot give what sort of warranty as we are not manufacturer; we dun make spare parts (this is a requirement for product warranty in industry business practice)...if they want 100% guarrantee good ? ask them go buy first hand from a manufacturer..

Last edited by Exposure; 21st July 2009 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t3hkor View Post
    haha be fair to him also lah. there are ppl who think they are the smartest and what they think and do is always right. i believe this is a process one is going thru when growing up.

anyway a wall of text wont hurt even if it crashes on u lol. I just find it wierd when im just ranting for a $5 and felt cheated due to my own carelessness got me shot at lol. i was more to looking at bo bian suey to meet this kinda buyer.

I have been trading online for couple of years and that was the worse buyer and happened to be the 2nd last buyer i met up not too long ago. overall everyone has been a very good buyer/seller towards me.
    i didn't mean to shoot you btw, i meant to say that you can only blame yourself for quoting five dollars less and that asking him for another five is unethical. cause you quoted that price. especially after the deal was done.

good that you are meeting good people.

what are you trying to say in the line in pink?

Quote Originally Posted by sidloojl View Post
    i didn't mean to shoot you btw, i meant to say that you can only blame yourself for quoting five dollars less and that asking him for another five is unethical. cause you quoted that price. especially after the deal was done.

nothing in particular that anyone has to take special note of since i did not make the highlights. just some casual remarks like everyone do. i already said i was at fault for being in a fluster and gave the wrong price but i did mentioned we agreed on the price before even deciding to meetup.

comon lah. this is just a rant on how bad singaporean buyers can be. why do you keep hogging on to the $5? im a working adult and $5 is not $50 or $500 or more. Just treat as i lost it on the road or donation to a street performing artist. I dont want to start arguing with you because ts started a rant thread. not arguement thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sidloojl View Post

He's trying to say that you are a di...dic.....zzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    He's trying to say that you are a di...dic.....zzzzzzzz
    Don't add oil... please... This is an interesting thread and I don't want to see it closed down...

Anyway, I got almost all of my equipment from clubsnap b&s (one SLR + kit lens, one DSLR, one speedlight, two lenses) and it was really good experience!
    Once, the seller actually rejected a higher offer because he already agreed price with me!
    Just me...

Same like me, once agreed on price, it is reserved .. never going back for higher price..
    I guess seller must be ready to take the pinch if they have decided to sell ,Buyer would also try to negotiate the price... unless it is indicated firm. Tio bo ...

Tio..

Quote Originally Posted by exofo View Post
    Same like me, once agreed on price, it is reserved .. never going back for higher price..
    I guess seller must be ready to take the pinch if they have decided to sell ,Buyer would also try to negotiate the price... unless it is indicated firm. Tio bo ...

yea totally agree. its temptation to resist when u agreed to deal with someone at certain amt of price and someone comes along offering you maybe $50-$100 more haha.
    happened to me once i managed to still stuck with the original buyer. i think ethics is very important lah

Quote Originally Posted by devilcup View Post
    wow! can i have 2 dollar off instead? :P
    Cannot... then I have no money to go toilet 10x.

Quote Originally Posted by exofo View Post
    Another rant...

I once met a seller who wanted to sell his crumpler bag for $70. I said ok... can reserve for me until viewing? I'll take it if it is in the condition as described, and arranged to meet him at his home after work. He agreed.

Then he sms me and say he is busy... going out for dinner, etc. So another day. Then later, he SMS me and said he sold to his colleague. When I asked him why he did that when he reserved the bag for me, he replied that I was not committed to buying the bag because I still wanted to view the bag and I will only buy if the condition is to my satisfaction.

I think when dealing in B&S, we should be fair and stick to our words. Once, I agreed to sell a lens at a certain date. However, I could not buy a replacement lens on time, so I still needed that lens. I contacted the buyer and asked him if he could delay the collection for a week, and made it clear that it was entirely up to him, because a deal is a deal. He was very nice about it and gave me the extension. I delivered the lens a week later and everyone was happy. Isn't this how it's supposed to be? People should be fair and nice to each other...

Just had an unpleasant experience this morning with a buyer. I was supposed to sell my Kingston CF card to him for $100, but after I drove all the way to novena to pass to him, he said he called LORDS at Lucky Plaza and said they selling at $92. I was actually a bit skeptical liao because I bought it from Best Bargain at 105 yesterday. So he asked to deal at $90 and seeing how he's from CS and not HWZ, I reluctantly agreed.

After that I called LORDS and found out that they don't carry the Kingston 32GB, only got Sandisk Extreme III at $240.

I mean wtf man, it's just $10, no need to be so unethical as to con people to save that kind of petty cash right?

I've been waiting for his reply to my sms since 12pm, will plaster his number all over if he doesn't reply by tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by defn View Post
    Just had an unpleasant experience this morning with a buyer. I was supposed to sell my Kingston CF card to him for $100, but after I drove all the way to novena to pass to him, he said he called LORDS at Lucky Plaza and said they selling at $92. I was actually a bit skeptical liao because I bought it from Best Bargain at 105 yesterday. So he asked to deal at $90 and seeing how he's from CS and not HWZ, I reluctantly agreed.

After that I called LORDS and found out that they don't carry the Kingston 32GB, only got Sandisk Extreme III at $240.

I mean wtf man, it's just $10, no need to be so unethical as to con people to save that kind of petty cash right?

I've been waiting for his reply to my sms since 12pm, will plaster his number all over if he doesn't reply by tonight.
    bad luck bro....just $10 dont think so much. this ppl will get what they deserve and your worses than my case haha. hes prolly not gona reply u and might even flame u first lol. ppl are gona say its your fault because u could have called lords to check before u sell. :x

bad luck bro....just $10 dont think so much. this ppl will get what they deserve and your worses than my case haha. hes prolly not gona reply u and might even flame u first lol. ppl are gona say its your fault because u could have called lords to check before u sell. :x
    You sound like you have a lot of money
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

No need people to say it's my fault, I also know that lor.

But that person has no dignity/integrity/ethics in doing such stuffs. Anyway it's not about the $10 man, it's about the principles!

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    You sound like you have a lot of money
    not i got alot of money lah. dont put money so heavy. i was very pissed when i got cheated $5. but at least $5 or $10 to learn a lesson better than $1000 to learn :P

not i got alot of money lah. dont put money so heavy. i was very pissed when i got cheated $5. but at least $5 or $10 to learn a lesson better than $1000 to learn :P
    Send me $10, I want to teach you a lesson
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    Send me $10, I want to teach you a lesson
    No no, he should send it to me! My karma +$10 already.

Quote Originally Posted by defn View Post
    No need people to say it's my fault, I also know that lor.

But that person has no dignity/integrity/ethics in doing such stuffs. Anyway it's not about the $10 man, it's about the principles!
    yep. totally agree anyway $10 to learn a lesson on how singaporeans behave hehe. so far only had 1 bad experience after countless dealings. overall still ok haha

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast