Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant: I really don't get some buyers these days...

Default Re: Rant: I really don't get some buyers these days...

I agree with some posters above that it really boils down to how "suay" you are. Fortunately most of the times the buyers/sellers I met are nice and courteous in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    I've seen the LCDs of both cameras and I'd have to say that the 40D's LCD screen beats the 5D classic's hands down.
    Agree - I have both cams, and the 40D's is way better. The 5D classic's is downright horrid...its just got this weird greenish/yellowish tint to it. Sometimes its hard to judge the output based on the LCD screen alone....especially night shots or shots done in warm/incandescent lighting. But the images usually turn out great when viewed on a normal computer screen. Great camera, but lousy LCD screen.

+1 for you bro. You give the "NO BS" vibe there.

I think i gotta take a leaf out of what you have said here.

Quote Originally Posted by sidloojl View Post
    t3hkor, you yourself told him 50 dollars, flustered or not, you only have yourself to blame when you quoted him the lower price. it is like buying from the store, if the seller all of sudden give you another discount or free gift in good will, would you say no, i don't wanna cause we agreed on that deal.

regarding the issue by the TS, i think you met a bad buyer, a buyer who doesn't know what he's buying.i only had one encounter with the BnS section and i am very happy with it. the seller came to my preferred location and i bought his product at the agreed price. no problems at all. i think you all should shouldn't classified youths as lacking social graces or whatsoever. Singapore is generally a country without graces anyway. we are pathetic in customer service already, as shown by a recent survey in the newspapers. i think it doesn't have to do with age at all. In BnS, it just depends on who is more desperate, the more desperate one to seal the deal will be at risk to lose out more. and you must understand, when buyers go buy sth, there's a certain expectation of the product. so if it doesn't meet his/her expectations, then i believe it isn't wrong to ask for a lower price. therefore, it is good for sellers to post pictures of the product for potential buyers to see. For me, there can be a initial agreed price, but i always say that i can't give the seller my word cause i haven't seen the product. i don't agree on buying things just based on what you tell me. how can you force someone to buy a product they don't want just cause there was an agreed price. sellers are just being sore that they can't sell their product at a higher price. bottomline: agreed price doesn't equate to a sure deal, so don't assume that the buyer is going to buy, furthermore buy at that price. the price is just an idea of how much you would get +/-. like an estimate. there should be no sure deals before a meet up cause it just isn't fair for the buyer. as for buyers wasting time, that is shopping to you. would you like it if you were testing cameras at a camera shop and the sales person rush you?. no right, same thing. as a buyer, you want time to try out the product. if you think it is taking too long, then rush them. cause buyers shouldn't abuse their rights. as for camera shutter count, i think if you mind him using it then don't let him. tell him to bring his own camera.if you allow him, then don't complain. does cathay photo complain about shutter counts when you go in to test cameras and end up not buying? it is the same here. to me, don't allow anything you don't like. if you allow it then it is your fault. both sides just needs to be reasonable. if you go the extra mile, always know that it is a risk and you WANTED to take it. nobody forced you..

Oooh. I did not experience using a 5D before under different lighting conditions when reviewing the Pics on the LCD. I thought the 40D LCD was almost bad seeing the dithering on the Pics being reviewed. But i think the usage of the LCD for basic composition reviewing and histogram are the essentials to ensure you nail that shot.

I previously reviewed pics base on the LCD alone without the histogram. Guess its time for me to step up in sharpening my photography judgement by use of histogram.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    Agree - I have both cams, and the 40D's is way better. The 5D classic's is downright horrid...its just got this weird greenish/yellowish tint to it. Sometimes its hard to judge the output based on the LCD screen alone....especially night shots or shots done in warm/incandescent lighting. But the images usually turn out great when viewed on a normal computer screen. Great camera, but lousy LCD screen.

t3hkor, you yourself told him 50 dollars, flustered or not, you only have yourself to blame when you quoted him the lower price. it is like buying from the store, if the seller all of sudden give you another discount or free gift in good will, would you say no, i don't wanna cause we agreed on that deal.

regarding the issue by the TS, i think you met a bad buyer, a buyer who doesn't know what he's buying.i only had one encounter with the BnS section and i am very happy with it. the seller came to my preferred location and i bought his product at the agreed price. no problems at all. i think you all should shouldn't classified youths as lacking social graces or whatsoever. Singapore is generally a country without graces anyway. we are pathetic in customer service already, as shown by a recent survey in the newspapers. i think it doesn't have to do with age at all. In BnS, it just depends on who is more desperate, the more desperate one to seal the deal will be at risk to lose out more. and you must understand, when buyers go buy sth, there's a certain expectation of the product. so if it doesn't meet his/her expectations, then i believe it isn't wrong to ask for a lower price. therefore, it is good for sellers to post pictures of the product for potential buyers to see. For me, there can be a initial agreed price, but i always say that i can't give the seller my word cause i haven't seen the product. i don't agree on buying things just based on what you tell me. how can you force someone to buy a product they don't want just cause there was an agreed price. sellers are just being sore that they can't sell their product at a higher price. bottomline: agreed price doesn't equate to a sure deal, so don't assume that the buyer is going to buy, furthermore buy at that price. the price is just an idea of how much you would get +/-. like an estimate. there should be no sure deals before a meet up cause it just isn't fair for the buyer. as for buyers wasting time, that is shopping to you. would you like it if you were testing cameras at a camera shop and the sales person rush you?. no right, same thing. as a buyer, you want time to try out the product. if you think it is taking too long, then rush them. cause buyers shouldn't abuse their rights. as for camera shutter count, i think if you mind him using it then don't let him. tell him to bring his own camera.if you allow him, then don't complain. does cathay photo complain about shutter counts when you go in to test cameras and end up not buying? it is the same here. to me, don't allow anything you don't like. if you allow it then it is your fault. both sides just needs to be reasonable. if you go the extra mile, always know that it is a risk and you WANTED to take it. nobody forced you..
    ZZZzzzz......

Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    I agree with some posters above that it really boils down to how "suay" you are. Fortunately most of the times the buyers/sellers I met are nice and courteous in general.

I think the older Canon camera screens (even pro bodies) are a bit of hit and miss. I had two 1DII bodies side by side for an event; one was my own and the other was rented. Both screens displayed colours differently despite loading the same card on each camera. My 5D's screen seems pretty accurate, albeit a little on the blue side.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    I think the older Canon camera screens (even pro bodies) are a bit of hit and miss. I had two 1DII bodies side by side for an event; one was my own and the other was rented. Both screens displayed colours differently despite loading the same card on each camera. My 5D's screen seems pretty accurate, albeit a little on the blue side.
    Hello Mr 9,999 CalebK!

My screen is always black
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyoexpress View Post
    What you can do with $1?

Take a public transport.
    Got Public Toilet 10X~
    Buy a coffe drink at coffee shop.
    Eat Chicken rice at 50% Discount.

LOL~ Just Kidding...
    Eh...I thought to go to toilet these days you need to fork out 20 cents? Haiz. The rising costs of living...and of defecating.

This is called "free testing".
    These people, I've also came across such people while selling 1 of my lens.

That person don't want to buy at first, after testing.
    2 days later, the person called and said he wants to buy.

At least, he bought it, finally.

just look at the canon sell/Buy folder, there is this guy asking for 800+ for a canon 500D Kit II set Maybe can sell a unworkable set .....

Quote Originally Posted by sidder View Post
    +1 for you bro. You give the "NO BS" vibe there.

I think i gotta take a leaf out of what you have said here.
    thanks man, glad you know what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    ZZZzzzz......
    hey, if you don't like reading long post, then don't read it. who forced you to read it?

i will definitely help you have a word with him.

hey, if you don't like reading long post, then don't read it. who forced you to read it?

i will definitely help you have a word with him.

ZZZzzzzz.......

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    I have met buyers who are dumb because they don't bother to read my advertisement and got the cheek to ask for 50 bucks discounts over frivolous things. Heh... buyers these days. Lol!

The most recent buyer I met was when I wanted to sell my 5D. He called insisting that he is the 'confirmed buyer' and it was mandatory to 'reserve the set' for him. Somehow, from past experience, I knew he sounded a bit retarded. I said, you want, you get it now. If not, I'll sell it to the next ready buyer. True enough, he never called back.

On most occassion, it was pleasant and they were mature enough. Some even became good friends. Life is a bit of mix. Still, it is quite entertaining to meet weird characters every now and then. Cheers!
    well my confirmed buyer confirmed with me, and came down within minutes upon closing the deal verbally over the phone for my immaculate condition 500D...

my condition still worked for me.. if you are true and genuine buyer, i am sure you would come down to meet me.. i dun mind not being able to deal at the best price for convenience and hassle free transaction.. my 500D was sold at $1100...

Quote Originally Posted by exofo View Post
    just look at the canon sell/Buy folder, there is this guy asking for 800+ for a canon 500D Kit II set Maybe can sell a unworkable set .....
    well, he can buy one set from nigeria.. i just sold off my 500D kit I set for my stated price of $1100..

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    ZZZzzzz......
    Ya...me too. Gave up after the 2nd line.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

Quote Originally Posted by weixiang1900 View Post
    well, he can buy one set from nigeria.. i just sold off my 500D kit I set for my stated price of $1100..
    Dun sell thing to Nigeria, if you can hold it and reverse, do it .. JMO.
    I kenne dupe once

Quote Originally Posted by tkbonz View Post
    Ya...me too. Gave up after the 2nd line.
    you know what does that say about all you people?, you are absolutely low in literacy skills and lack any capacity to read past 20 words in a row. primary school kids read better than you guys. poor intellect i must say.

I won't get it unless the price is right or I am desperate for it, np low-balling as it mostly fails. Discuss the price in pm and call, agree then meet up. But some sellers are also quite irritating also.

you know what does that say about all you people?, you are absolutely low in literacy skills and lack any capacity to read past 20 words in a row. primary school kids read better than you guys. poor intellect i must say.
    to be fair, no one really wants to read so much text online. i rant sometimes too, and it's a waste of time, only maybe 2 people will bother to read that many words.

maybe if you space every line, like so.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    to be fair, no one really wants to read so much text online. i rant sometimes too, and it's a waste of time, only maybe 2 people will bother to read that many words.

maybe if you space every line, like so.
    haha, if i do that, i will take one whole page.lol.

erm, who asked them to read. their brains apparently can't take it what..

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast