Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant: I really don't get some buyers these days...

Default Re: Rant: I really don't get some buyers these days...

this thread is going to be a flamefest

this thread is quite cathartic.

I have met buyers who are dumb because they don't bother to read my advertisement and got the cheek to ask for 50 bucks discounts over frivolous things. Heh... buyers these days. Lol!

The most recent buyer I met was when I wanted to sell my 5D. He called insisting that he is the 'confirmed buyer' and it was mandatory to 'reserve the set' for him. Somehow, from past experience, I knew he sounded a bit retarded. I said, you want, you get it now. If not, I'll sell it to the next ready buyer. True enough, he never called back.

On most occassion, it was pleasant and they were mature enough. Some even became good friends. Life is a bit of mix. Still, it is quite entertaining to meet weird characters every now and then. Cheers!

well to be fair, there are lousy buyer and oso lousy seller at times.

it just part of life bah.

of cos you can step up some measure to prevent this, but rem this too, u wanna sell the lens out soon also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyoexpress View Post
    i disagree, never judge the pictures using yr camera lcds, new cameras have big high pixed lcds, so least last 95% pictures turn of very sharp even using kit lens, however if you view it on big screen monitor lcd, there will be lots of differences. I still prefer those 2 inchs or 1.8inchs type lol. Mostly importantly is the big Viewfinder that is more important.
    the new lcd with bigger screen and more pixel do allow u see pic more detail, i myself own 500D, the lcd is fantastic! i can zoom into the pic to see the detail. Yes i agree view in pc monitor is more clear and detail, but i cannot denies that the lcd screen on 500D is very good. it good enuff to see if the pic is taken very sharp or not imho.

oh well... talk about selling haha...

I sold blu ray movies to this guy. agreed price was $55 before i even want to meetup at bugis during office hours for his convenience and so i could meet another guy working nearby.

paid erp + car park met this guy, he got my movies and asked how much he owed me.

In a rush for time and fluster i said $50. he smiled and handed me the money and left. i ran to mrt to meet the other guy realising it should be $55.

I called the buyer 10 times he refused to pick up my call. and he later sms me saying u ring me 10 times for a petty $5. and he claimed he drove an audi. I felt so cheated.

sigz...dun say kids..uncle also have..buyer HIMSELF text me 300 buy price...on actual day...ask me for 10bucks change...i delete the msg so no proof and i can't be bother to wait also since he came to my place...WTF....

Quote Originally Posted by t3hkor View Post

paid erp + car park met this guy, he got my movies and asked how much he owed me.

In a rush for time and fluster i said $50. he smiled and handed me the money and left. i ran to mrt to meet the other guy realising it should be $55.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    hes hoping to pay lesser lah. if you know you buying something for $55 u wont go bother to ask mah.

i asked him to transfer the $5 to me he said i already ask u how much i owe u before i left. so already planned to cheat me of the $5 rather than asking for a $5 off and he got lucky that time hah.

hes hoping to pay lesser lah. if you know you buying something for $55 u wont go bother to ask mah.

i asked him to transfer the $5 to me he said i already ask u how much i owe u before i left. so already planned to cheat me of the $5 rather than asking for a $5 off and he got lucky that time hah.
    well, next time carry out such dealings with clear mind.

you do realise, if you said $55, there would be no problem.

The funniest I've seen is this NS guy I dealt with a few months back...

I was selling close-up filters, and the price was firm. He kept SMS me telling me he is off here and there looking and he will buy from the shop if I don't lower the price. I stood firm... but when he showed up and bought the item, he paid me $1 short, and told me that's all he had because he is poor, etc...

t3hkor, you yourself told him 50 dollars, flustered or not, you only have yourself to blame when you quoted him the lower price. it is like buying from the store, if the seller all of sudden give you another discount or free gift in good will, would you say no, i don't wanna cause we agreed on that deal.

regarding the issue by the TS, i think you met a bad buyer, a buyer who doesn't know what he's buying.i only had one encounter with the BnS section and i am very happy with it. the seller came to my preferred location and i bought his product at the agreed price. no problems at all. i think you all should shouldn't classified youths as lacking social graces or whatsoever. Singapore is generally a country without graces anyway. we are pathetic in customer service already, as shown by a recent survey in the newspapers. i think it doesn't have to do with age at all. In BnS, it just depends on who is more desperate, the more desperate one to seal the deal will be at risk to lose out more. and you must understand, when buyers go buy sth, there's a certain expectation of the product. so if it doesn't meet his/her expectations, then i believe it isn't wrong to ask for a lower price. therefore, it is good for sellers to post pictures of the product for potential buyers to see. For me, there can be a initial agreed price, but i always say that i can't give the seller my word cause i haven't seen the product. i don't agree on buying things just based on what you tell me. how can you force someone to buy a product they don't want just cause there was an agreed price. sellers are just being sore that they can't sell their product at a higher price. bottomline: agreed price doesn't equate to a sure deal, so don't assume that the buyer is going to buy, furthermore buy at that price. the price is just an idea of how much you would get +/-. like an estimate. there should be no sure deals before a meet up cause it just isn't fair for the buyer. as for buyers wasting time, that is shopping to you. would you like it if you were testing cameras at a camera shop and the sales person rush you?. no right, same thing. as a buyer, you want time to try out the product. if you think it is taking too long, then rush them. cause buyers shouldn't abuse their rights. as for camera shutter count, i think if you mind him using it then don't let him. tell him to bring his own camera.if you allow him, then don't complain. does cathay photo complain about shutter counts when you go in to test cameras and end up not buying? it is the same here. to me, don't allow anything you don't like. if you allow it then it is your fault. both sides just needs to be reasonable. if you go the extra mile, always know that it is a risk and you WANTED to take it. nobody forced you..

Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    The funniest I've seen is this NS guy I dealt with a few months back...

I was selling close-up filters, and the price was firm. He kept SMS me telling me he is off here and there looking and he will buy from the shop if I don't lower the price. I stood firm... but when he showed up and bought the item, he paid me $1 short, and told me that's all he had because he is poor, etc...
    if you didn't like his $1 decrease in price, then don't sell

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    well, next time carry out such dealings with clear mind.

you do realise, if you said $55, there would be no problem.
    yea i know. thats why i mentioned i was at fault mah. but im just ranting that there are very cheapo buyers since TS also complained about his prob right?

i dont understand why ppl want to write one super long wall of text with no paragrahing just to shoot ppl. prolly they one of those kind of buyers.

well well well, this thread is a ranting thread imho wahaha

just rant will do bah

Quote Originally Posted by sidloojl View Post
    if you didn't like his $1 decrease in price, then don't sell
    If I minded the $1 decrease, I wouldn't have found it funny.

I'm just amazed at the extent people will go through for $1. :P

yea i know. thats why i mentioned i was at fault mah. but im just ranting that there are very cheapo buyers since TS also complained about his prob right?

i dont understand why ppl want to write one super long wall of text with no paragrahing just to shoot ppl. prolly they one of those kind of buyers.
    who are you talking about?, don't come starting a war

i know, i am not saying you minded, but i thought that guy's quite pathetic.

What you can do with $1?

Take a public transport.
    Got Public Toilet 10X~
    Buy a coffe drink at coffee shop.
    Eat Chicken rice at 50% Discount.

LOL~ Just Kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyoexpress View Post
    What you can do with $1?

Take a public transport.
    Got Public Toilet 10X~
    Buy a coffe drink at coffee shop.
    Eat Chicken rice at 50% Discount.

LOL~ Just Kidding...
    Haha!

OK. Next time I give you auto $1 off when I sell stuff.

Haha!

OK. Next time I give you auto $1 off when I sell stuff.
    wow! can i have 2 dollar off instead? :P

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast