Thread: May I know how much do digital wedding photogs charge usually?

Default May I know how much do digital wedding photogs charge usually?

Thanks. I wish to venture into it freelance, so would like to know what's the market rate and the usual packages. Don't wish to spoil market or overprice my own services.

Thanks!

Would appreciate all advice provided.
    www.kelvinseet.com
    See the world through my eyes

Deregistered

uh.... kelvin, not to dissuade you, but do make sure you have the standard first. i actually have a lead for a weekend wedding shoot, but since i'm totally chicken (puk puk! ) so i decided to turn my friend's recommendation down. responsible folks just cannot bear the thought of screwing up a once-in-lifetime kind of thing. besides, i'm really lousy with composition - why not try to do backup wedding photography first, before potentially charging for possibly mediocre shots?

Deregistered

SS: Ur friend still looking for photographer?

Deregistered

uh. dont know leh. it's my friend's recommendation - but i doubt he's related to the wedding couple directly.

I know what I'm doing. Thanks. I am not aiming to be a main photographer yet.

Anyone can roughly provide a gauge please? Thanks!
    www.kelvinseet.com

check out this link, it provides list of photographers and their websites. U can find some of the prices listed...
    http://www.singaporebrides.com.sg/photographers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by KSeet
    I know what I'm doing. Thanks. I am not aiming to be a main photographer yet.

Anyone can roughly provide a gauge please? Thanks!
    Good photographers charge into the thousands. Lousy photographers charge peanuts. Really lousy photographers charge skyrocket price. The point I'm trying to make is, you judge yourself how much you want to charge? If you carry yourself well, and have great charma, then you can charge more. Your self-confidence and the way you present yourself also play a part in the pricing game. Afterall, if a couple is comfortable with you, you name the price, they'll still go for it.

Usually the price for digital package is S$800 - S$1000 for an album of 300-400 photos. At least that was the price I charge while living in Singapore.
    Last edited by e_liau; 12th December 2003 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by e_liau
    Good photographers charge into the thousands. Lousy photographers charge peanuts. Really lousy photographers charge skyrocket price. The point I'm trying to make is, you judge yourself how much you want to charge? If you carry yourself well, and have great charma, then you can charge more. Your self-confidence and the way you present yourself also play a part in the pricing game. Afterall, if a couple is comfortable with you, you name the price, they'll still go for it.

Usually the price for digital package is S$800 - S$1000 for an album of 300-400 photos. At least that was the price I charge while living in Singapore.
    okie. Noted. Thanks for ur insight.
    www.kelvinseet.com