Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beginner's bad

Default Re: beginner's bad

I like backpack, but the backpacks for cameras around are really expensive.

I'm just using a very small camera slingbag and I stuff it into my backpack.

Deregistered

when I was getting my first camera bag, I just keep my eye on Pesonal Classified..many ppl selling their bag, lots of models.

So, i just note the brand & model, then search on images.google.com, or for lowepro I also did search on official lowepro's website.

For me, I got no problem buying 2nd hand bag as long as in good condition (cheaper also )

In summary, some of the things to consider when choosing a camera bag (in no particular order):

1) Type [shoulder, back, sling, etc]

2) Capacity [size of body and how many lenses/accessories]

3) Weather-proofing [some have rain cover]

4) Material [durable?]

5) Design

6) Brand

7) Price
    Exploring! :)

Last edited by kiwitan; 20th July 2009 at 06:04 PM.

U can go mustafa or chinatown get a backpack for < $10. Go to Daiso at IMM to get a A4 size wrapper to put your stuff in. Total < $20, excluding taxi fares.

Feathermore, the bag won't look even like a camera bag, u can even wander around Petain or Geylang and no one will steal your camera gear.

Quote Originally Posted by torimashoutoru View Post
    I like backpack, but the backpacks for cameras around are really expensive.

I'm just using a very small camera slingbag and I stuff it into my backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    U can go mustafa or chinatown get a backpack for < $10. Go to Daiso at IMM to get a A4 size wrapper to put your stuff in. Total < $20, excluding taxi fares.

Feathermore, the bag won't look even like a camera bag, u can even wander around Petain or Geylang and no one will steal your camera gear.
    listen to the bag pro..lol. or you can buy a bag from mr tan.hahaha!

Better to go for backpack in long term..

Coz' when u go for shooting outing/trip,
    most of the time u need to carry a lot more than just camera/lens/filters/flash/reflector/tripod/etc
    On top of photography equipments, u can also stuff non-photography essentials like wet tissue/hat/photography books/etc into a backpack
    Which I find is near to impossible to do in a sling/shoulder bag

Rest, is depends on your own brand preference

just sharing a beginner's experience and journey here...

i bought a lowepro too at first and soon (very soon actually) found it could not contain all my gear. i bought additional stuff. and i realized i wanted a bag where i could easily access my camera without having to zip etc. so i found the domke f3x and am enjoying it's ease of accessibility. but right now, i am also considering a lowepro back pack as i realized its better to distribute the weight across both shoulders (start aching for my long walkabouts). but ease of access, being my top priority, will suffer a bit. in any event, i believe i will end up with a combination of a back pack and shoulder bag for various occasions. cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12