Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you be creative on tour?

Default Re: Can you be creative on tour?

yes .. y not ?
    I go on family trips with normal tours once a year.. and
    I do have good pictures there as well. enjoyed the trip...did not slow down the group.. so i dun c y not..

these were taken on a packaged tour
    http://www.pbase.com/will03/turkey
    http://www.pbase.com/will03/spain

Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    I would love to go for an free-and-easy tour but no $$..
    not true...
    i backpacked europe for 21days for less than 3.5k.
    dynasty travel offer package tour in greece for 3k (10days).

ya and my 21 days of europe included greece, venice, rome, prague,austria. with abt 3-4 solid days in each of them
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    not true...

ya and my 21 days of europe included greece, venice, rome, prague,austria. with abt 3-4 solid days in each of them

agreed. F&E is much cheaper than tour. However, you would need time to do your own research and planning.

Went to Japan 14 days, cost about $4k include all expenses, transport, shopping, accomodation (4 stars). Tour group will cost about $2.5k for 7 days and this does not include tips, personal expenses, food ( not all meals are included).

Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    not true...

Bro, can you forward me your itinerary? How do you achieve that? 14 days still possible but that is impossible for 21 days.

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    I was just wondering if people would spend time to take nice pics when you're in a tour group. Like we barely just got there, and have to move on already. Perhaps, there's enough time. But if too much time is spent taking photos, then how do we really enjoy the place?

Well, that's for me. Perhaps travel photographers can share some insight.
    guided tours are a waste of time

spend most of the time on the coach, then 20 min to stop at the most touristy angle, with nothing in the way of photography. you MIGHT get good shots, but i dislike the way the tour is carried out. even without photography-orientation, it is a mad rush for quantity instead of quality, unless you look for a very nicely planned out, well-paced schedule.. few and far between.

the last time i took a guided tour was in 04, and not by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by lighty View Post
    Bro, can you forward me your itinerary? How do you achieve that? 14 days still possible but that is impossible for 21 days.
    Yeah I'm very curious to know too.

Badly need a vacation. Sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    very rich people with lotsa time and money to spare. but for a commoner like me with a budget, guess it's not possible.
    for me time is the biggest problem, but for cost, there is plenty of ways to get around it. About 7 years ago, I went for a Thailand/Cambodia trip on my own for 7 weeks, spent a total of 2k ( and that is only because I drop by bangkok twice and spent too much boozing)

For accomodation, it's 20 bucks a night room, most of the time without a window.
    Travel by train, bus and toot toot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12