Thread: Does photography make you a better person....

Default Does photography make you a better person....

.....to see the world differently
    .....to broaden your mind
    .....to be creative
    .....to empty your bank account (money is evil )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    .....to empty your bank account (money is evil)
    As they say during Christmas time, "Its better to give than to receive", thus I am willing to sacrifice this year and you can all give to me and I shall receive your gifts with humility and humbleness. And to kill two birds with one stone, since "Money is Evil" as quoted by Astin, give me gifts in cash so that you are delivered from evil.

Win-Win for All.

Deregistered

And in the case where Darren don't have enough hands to take the presents, I shall volunteer to take the remaining presents home to share the joy and happiness of the season

Photography hasn't made much difference in my life apart from emptying my accounts. Wait. I mean account.

In a way yes...

If I am not out there taking pics,
    If I am not in this forum killing my time,
    If I am not obessed with the BUY BUY BUY, SELL SELL SELL,

I might be out on the street killing innocent people, working my scapel through them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by binbeto
    I might be out on the street killing innocent people, working my scapel through them.

i don't know about making me a better person, but when i walk on the streets nowadays (w/o camera) i think about the colour temperature difference between the sun and shade (and how to WB it), the gradient of light on the what was once a plain white wall to me (and where to spot the metering), the depth of shadows under the flowers (and whether my dynamic can handle it w/o fill flash), what the bench and dustbin looks like from a low angle with fisheye, what focal length i need to catch a head and shoulders of that cute little boy with the balloon 3.5m from me (along with the lowest ISO/aperture i need to get enough DOF for sharpness from hands to ears while blurring the background and not shaking the picture), and stuff like that.

Yep, photography has definitely changed the way i see things.

Oh, the other day I was meeting up my boss (the VP), he was facing sideway to the window, ah, I was starting to look into his eyes to find the catch lights, to find the highlight and shadows on his face, I almost forgot I was talking to a VP.....

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100
    i don't know about making me a better person, but when i walk on the streets nowadays (w/o camera) i think about the colour temperature difference between the sun and shade (and how to WB it), the gradient of light on the what was once a plain white wall to me (and where to spot the metering), the depth of shadows under the flowers (and whether my dynamic can handle it w/o fill flash), what the bench and dustbin looks like from a low angle with fisheye, what focal length i need to catch a head and shoulders of that cute little boy with the balloon 3.5m from me (along with the lowest ISO/aperture i need to get enough DOF for sharpness from hands to ears while blurring the background and not shaking the picture), and stuff like that.

Yep, photography has definitely changed the way i see things.
    same experience, though not neccessary become a better person. Now my eyes like a Canon lens, 16mm to 300mm. Before never notice how the sun rises or set, now look forward to seeing the sun set and always notice how the sky looks. Before hated man-made buildings, now view bldgs with different "angles", before look at pretty gals with "hum sup mind", now look at them with a photographic zoom (but still with humsup thought, hehe), before just hated light, now just wish that there is always light (so that no need to use flash), before nvr notice any animals that are more than 10m away, now look at trees, bushes, flowers, hills, etc for any slight movement, etc.......
    Before, got plenty of free time to kill, now always not enough time for any other things beside going for a shoot ....

Judging from this forum, not really.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Oh, the other day I was meeting up my boss (the VP), he was facing sideway to the window, ah, I was starting to look into his eyes to find the catch lights, to find the highlight and shadows on his face, I almost forgot I was talking to a VP.....

Astin, you ok?

Before answering, ask yourself what do you live for?

I think for most people, they live to enjoy.
    This is part of my reason to live. and photography is one of hobbies to have fun.
    To explain it in details. With photography, it satisfies my visual desire, I make more friends, capture those meaningful moment into photo for my enjoyment decades later. Who knows, when market turns worst, you end up having to be a photographer in order to earn a living.