Thread: Macau and Zhu hai

Default Macau and Zhu hai

Hi all,

planning for a trip to hongkong, macau and zhu hai
    I wonder there is any recommendations on the places with nice scenery for photography? or do a day visit?

Cheers

Default Re: Macau and Zhu hai

Macau
    U cld fly in to macau, spend a day or 2 there for sightseeing. Hotels not cheap in macau tho. Cross the border to zhuhai, u can practically walk across.

Zhuhai
    Hotels in ZH much cheaper. RMB180 can get u a nice room. Stay around the Lotus Street area as the nightlife is "interesting". If u are in a group, charter a "mian bao zhe" (the call mini-MPVs "bread car" to take u to Wanzai for seafood.

HK
    From ZH, u can take the ferry across to HK. HK, of course, needs no intro. One of my all-time favourite hotels in HK is YWCA - Anne Black branch. Nice and "cheap" by HK std.

If u speak canto, it's a great ice-breaker. Otherwise u're just another tourist or a mainlander to them.

Thanks for the recommendation will definately try out the seafood in wanzai....
    any nice place to take photos? or pretty much it is a heaven for just eating and shopping ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
    Macau
    U cld fly in to macau, spend a day or 2 there for sightseeing. Hotels not cheap in macau tho. Cross the border to zhuhai, u can practically walk across.

Zhuhai
    Hotels in ZH much cheaper. RMB180 can get u a nice room. Stay around the Lotus Street area as the nightlife is "interesting". If u are in a group, charter a "mian bao zhe" (the call mini-MPVs "bread car" to take u to Wanzai for seafood.

HK
    From ZH, u can take the ferry across to HK. HK, of course, needs no intro. One of my all-time favourite hotels in HK is YWCA - Anne Black branch. Nice and "cheap" by HK std.

If u speak canto, it's a great ice-breaker. Otherwise u're just another tourist or a mainlander to them.

Zhuhai nothing much to shoot. Their tourist sites like the mermaid statue along "lover's lane" is also a waste of time. Plenty of pretty gals, though.

Hotel, shopping, food is MUCH cheaper than Macau although they r just next door... just like Spore & JB.

Quote Originally Posted by philipsho View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation will definately try out the seafood in wanzai....
    any nice place to take photos? or pretty much it is a heaven for just eating and shopping ...

yes.....zhuhai is really nothing much there. i am a frequent guy going to Zhuhai, mainly for job.

beside shopping wise i think simply cant really find any reason to go. beside, shopping also somehow cannot make it either. You will aspect is to see alot of "girls" disturbing you while you happen to walk along the lian hua road. (their shopping street in zhuhai off the custom to macau)

if you like hot spring, basically there are 2 there, but is really far far from the town area of zhuhai. i used to go Yu Wn Quan, at the district of Doumen.

hope this helps for guys who want to go there....

Speaking of hot springs, any good ones in Macau and HK to recommend?
    And Macau, besides shopping and eating and gambling, any good attractions?
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

In Macau - You can try the following for some 'I've been to Macau' photos ;

- Venetian
    - St Pauls' ruins
    - Church of our Lady Penha
    - Macau Tower
    - Border Gate
    - Senado Square
    - Fisherman's wharfs
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Don't forget to visit Taipa and Coloane village in macau

Thanks for the recommendations i will check them out in Macau.
    hahaha zhuhai sound really bad... think i can sleep the trip off then hahaha
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    In Macau - You can try the following for some 'I've been to Macau' photos ;

- Venetian
    - St Pauls' ruins
    - Church of our Lady Penha
    - Macau Tower
    - Border Gate
    - Senado Square
    - Fisherman's wharfs

Taipa and coloane village?
    villages? with padi field around the mountain?
    it sound like a good place to take some photo ^^....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    Don't forget to visit Taipa and Coloane village in macau

Zhuhai is great for model shoots.

For outdoor landscape, u can forget it when in Macau, HK, SZ, ZH etc. Its hazy most of the time. Now it's typhoon season.

padi fields around mountains? don't think i saw any.

Nah, village is just the general term to name a place. You don't see padi field and mountain in Bugis Village, do you?

For padi field and mountains - a better location will be Thailand.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

taipa shud be this village that houses the quite famous pork chop bun right?
    a couple of minutes walk and bashing to do from venetian.
    living to hope.
    Photobucket album - here | Photo blog - here

the famous crab porridge at Seng Cheong 诚昌饭店 too. ``````
    Last edited by Lenscapes; 22nd July 2009 at 12:20 PM.

Can anyone recommend a more budget hotel in Macau? I know it is not a very cheap place to stay, but still, try to look for budget....
    Last edited by Shen siung; 19th August 2009 at 12:35 AM.

If you have the cash the venetian is a choice, there's also a f3 circuit in macau which allows a karting session which is pretty good fun, about $30 SGD for 20 mins