Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Solar eclipes

  1. #1

    Default Solar eclipes

    Hi All,

    I'm new to photography and need some advice. There's a solar eclipes on 22 July. I plan to take some photos of it. Need some expert advice on what setting to use on my ESO500D to get the best effect. And if possible, please also advice where is the best place to go.

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Solar eclipes

    I just remember that I should not point the camera directly to the sun. So what equipment shall I add to the lens.... wonder how those picture of eclipse we see on newspaper were taken.

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default Re: Solar eclipes

    Thanks a lot shutterpeep !

    So much to read ...it seems not easy and seems solar filter will cost a lot. Furthermore, my lens will not be "long" enough. Propably have to give up..

  5. #5

    Default Re: Solar eclipes

    Best place to go to see -- India, Nepal or China!

    We're kinda at the edge of the penumbra, and the eclipse magnitude here is going to be ard 0.1, so don't expect too much. Most people won't even be aware it's happening.

    Some references:

    http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogl...22Tgoogle.html

    http://www.mreclipse.com/Special/SEprimer.html

    Take care of your eyes!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Solar eclipes

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Francis View Post
    Best place to go to see -- India, Nepal or China!

    We're kinda at the edge of the penumbra, and the eclipse magnitude here is going to be ard 0.1, so don't expect too much. Most people won't even be aware it's happening.

    Some references:

    http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogl...22Tgoogle.html

    http://www.mreclipse.com/Special/SEprimer.html

    Take care of your eyes!
    I think Science Centre has an photography event on that day to shoot the eclipse.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Solar eclipes

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    I think Science Centre has an photography event on that day to shoot the eclipse.
    Really ! Good ! I surely will be there. See how those pro take the photos also shiok.

    Quote from wiki :This solar eclipse is the longest total solar eclipse that will occur in the twenty-first century, and will not be surpassed in duration until June 13, 2132.

    Everyone should not missed this....

  8. #8
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Solar eclipes

    Quote Originally Posted by CKCHNG View Post
    Really ! Good ! I surely will be there. See how those pro take the photos also shiok.

    Quote from wiki :This solar eclipse is the longest total solar eclipse that will occur in the twenty-first century, and will not be surpassed in duration until June 13, 2132.

    Everyone should not missed this....
    There's nothing much to miss anyway.


    Animated .GIF image, save and view if the image is not animating.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 15th July 2009 at 12:39 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  9. #9

    Default Re: Solar eclipes

    What?? So is that what we'll be getting in Singapore??

    Pathetic leh

  10. #10

    Default Re: Solar eclipes

    not much from our point then.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •