Thread: Bangkok Infra-Red

Default Bangkok Infra-Red

These are some infra-red pics taken during my recent trip to Bangkok taken with a Nikon CoolPix 950.

A seemingly abandoned building project by the Chao Praya.

On the bank of the Chao Praya

The Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun)

The View from the Hotel Room

Perspective a little off in the last 3/4 pics.

Hey Tomcat...me thinking of trying out Infra Red too leh...using my C5050...what filters did you use for these pics?...R72 or RM90?...I see that some pics not really focused...do you find difficulty gtting a lock?...maybe its handheld rite?...

Quote Originally Posted by kelster
    Hey Tomcat...me thinking of trying out Infra Red too leh...using my C5050...what filters did you use for these pics?...R72 or RM90?...I see that some pics not really focused...do you find difficulty gtting a lock?...maybe its handheld rite?...
    I am using the R72 filter. The pics were all taken handheld and sharp focus was a bit difficult to achieve because of the shutter speeds set by the camera (from 1/30s to 1/11s). The river bank pic was particularly bad because it was taken from a moving boat.

These shutter speeds could be considered to be super fast already compared to those required for the Canon 10D which usually ranged from 15 to 25s. The advantage the 10D has over the CP950 is that the IR pics are usually more colourful while those from the CP950 are usually more like B&W.
    Last edited by tomcat; 10th December 2003 at 01:30 AM.

IC...Thnx...was thinking of getting a R72 this weekend...