Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Sien....homex is down again

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,114

    Default Sien....homex is down again

    Sien

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default

    Moving this thread to Banal Talk.

    To tell you the truth, I am more sien about homex, because whether it is up or down, I don't get to see the pictures hosted there. I am located in US, and I heard from the experts that homex does not have enough overseas bandwidth.

    You seems to have a special account somehow, as I managed to see your "Sweet Lady" pictures (after a very sloooowww downloading, though).

    What can I do? More and more members are hosting their pictures on homex. I estimate about 80% of the posted pictures are hosted there. Seems like it has very fast access in Singapore.


    Sigh....
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Originally posted by roygoh
    Moving this thread to Banal Talk.

    To tell you the truth, I am more sien about homex, because whether it is up or down, I don't get to see the pictures hosted there. I am located in US, and I heard from the experts that homex does not have enough overseas bandwidth.

    You seems to have a special account somehow, as I managed to see your "Sweet Lady" pictures (after a very sloooowww downloading, though).

    What can I do? More and more members are hosting their pictures on homex. I estimate about 80% of the posted pictures are hosted there. Seems like it has very fast access in Singapore.


    Sigh....
    Homex is a good site, fast enough and easy to use. Pbase is a lot slower, hence maybe most of us guys and gals upload to this site. Any site you can recommend?

  4. #4

    Default

    Any site which is free...is good. LoL

    No wonder i cant view ead's pix....homex based. Hehehe

    Was waiting and waiting and waiting...then i get the cross. LoL
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Originally posted by sbs99
    Any site which is free...is good. LoL

    No wonder i cant view ead's pix....homex based. Hehehe

    Was waiting and waiting and waiting...then i get the cross. LoL
    So sien leh.....need to source another server liao.
    what u recommand?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default

    Originally posted by Goondu


    Homex is a good site, fast enough and easy to use. Pbase is a lot slower, hence maybe most of us guys and gals upload to this site. Any site you can recommend?
    I have used www.clubphoto.com before. Seems like everyone was able to view my pictures posted there.

    The have unlimited free storage, excepted that the albums only lasts for 90 days.

    For forum type posting, I guess that should be long enough. Do you ever read threads more than 90 days old?
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Originally posted by roygoh


    I have used www.clubphoto.com before. Seems like everyone was able to view my pictures posted there.

    The have unlimited free storage, excepted that the albums only lasts for 90 days.

    For forum type posting, I guess that should be long enough. Do you ever read threads more than 90 days old?
    But forvere will be good...you can view it anytime. Show ur friends anytime...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •