Thread: Raining in Singapore

Default Raining in Singapore

Took this pic while it was raining in town one evening (9th Dec). That's why certain parts of the sky is bright while the other part is dark.

Please feel free to comment! Thank you in advance!

Last edited by mjjphoto; 10th December 2003 at 03:26 PM.

I suggest you try a better stitching program. Some of the buildings are distorted and leaning to the left.

Hehehe...I actually did the stitching in Photoshop and realised the buildings were all leaning to the right! So I did a very slight perspective adjustment...now its leaning to the left!

But I also realise some of the pics did not merge properly.

Which stitching programme is good?

Here's one with the corrected perspective...notice the left side still has some distortion. Maybe next time I would need to be more careful while taking!

You used a tripod right?
    I use panorama factory - is pretty good. Biggest problem you will have is if you don't shoot right. I'm still learning what is required here. I think that for one, the camera needs to be level. If it's tilted, software has a lot of problems stitching because when you pan the camera, each shot has a different angled horizon. I remember reading in the Panorama Factory help guides a link to some sight where they gave lots of tips on shooting for panos. I'm sure there are plenty of sites around though that cover this.

Nice pano shot!!

Erm... what software did you use for the corrected picture??

still using PS??

I am using Arcsoft Panorama Maker to stitch my pano shots...!

maybe can download try??

cheers

Reply to Royce: Yeah...I used a tripod but I was on a slope and did not have a leveling bubble to check (taken from Mount Faber)...anyway the time was too short...it was within a minute after the last shot when the sky went totally dark! Thanks for directing me to get more info!

Reply to SuRfTeC: Thanks! Its my first pano shot merged in PS. Still a lot to learn! I think digital is great...would have great problems doing this on film! I corrected the second pic using PS. I will try Arcsoft Panorama Maker and see if I can post it here and compare the difference!

Ok...here's the pano using Panorama Maker! It is indeed an excellent software. Not only did it stitch the picture together properly, it also did it fast (much better than PS)! There are some perspective correction done in PS though due to my poor pano skills.