Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast

Thread: B+W ND110 77mm Filter

Default Re: B+W ND110 77mm Filter

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Maybe put them in a hardcase (wrapped with protective cloth material first)? But I think it could be a personal preference thing. Come to think of it, I better start looking for a suitable hard casing myself!...
    once u found a solution, please share!

Lee!!!

Both are glass material, drop both tell me which one won't break? The idea is - handle with care no matter what.

Well there's advantage to both round and square. Round you can fix it up comfortably at home or in a safe location before going out to shoot. But square means technically you can use it on ANY lens within the maximum width constraint.
    I haven't used the square filters before, but I'm afraid I would be more susceptible to breaking one. Don't really know as I haven't handled one but
    1. I like the metal ring that's inbuilt into the err... ring filters.
    2. size matters. The small box I keep my filter in looks pretty hardy, and any weight, I suspect would go onto the metal ring before actually pushed onto the glass.
    3. I feel comfortable holding the edges of the metal ring. I'm not sure how I would handle a square filter.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I haven't used the square filters before, but I'm afraid I would be more susceptible to breaking one. Don't really know as I haven't handled one but
    1. I like the metal ring that's inbuilt into the err... ring filters.
    2. size matters. The small box I keep my filter in looks pretty hardy, and any weight, I suspect would go onto the metal ring before actually pushed onto the glass.
    3. I feel comfortable holding the edges of the metal ring. I'm not sure how I would handle a square filter.
    same sentiments... cos the square filters is only held by the holder... when not in use... how to store and bring them around? Not sure if there is a casing for this but then due to the shape... kinda bulky and to chuck into my bag is dangerous haha... dunno when i may accidentally sit on it :x

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    same sentiments... cos the square filters is only held by the holder... when not in use... how to store and bring them around? Not sure if there is a casing for this but then due to the shape... kinda bulky and to chuck into my bag is dangerous haha... dunno when i may accidentally sit on it :x
    Whatever you do, just don't put it in your wallet as if it's a credit card...

Sure, when I find a solid casing I'll let yal know. I just don't think it's THAT brittle a material!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

What about squarish Tupperware of the appropriate size? I think they are pretty durable...but don't know if it will sustain body weight? Or tupperware within a tupperware - double the strength.

i got it from VisionTechnik in mass sales... someone back out and i got it instead haha. damage is $140.
    i pm him but haiz oos....

[SIC B+W HK] - found this website online, quite cheap thus wanted to check if anyone tried order from here ? its about $119 only
    D90-MB80|N18-105|N50 1.8|T180 M.|GT1541T|Q3T|Up48|SB900|
    BBB Virus will Devour your Soul.

been hunting around for B+W ND110 in the MO organised by clubsnap members , but oos.
    just wondering anyone come across this filter in local shops?

pardon my stupid question, my current lens are 35mm f1.8 , 18-105mm f3.5 -5.6 and tokina 11-16mm f2.8 and tamron 17-50mm f2.8
    how do i know whether my existing lens can fit onto B+W ND110 77mm Filter

Quote Originally Posted by lamberry View Post
    pardon my stupid question, my current lens are 35mm f1.8 , 18-105mm f3.5 -5.6 and tokina 11-16mm f2.8 and tamron 17-50mm f2.8
    how do i know whether my existing lens can fit onto B+W ND110 77mm Filter
    No idea what all your lenses filter thread sizes are (I know 11-16mm should be 77mm) - you need to check them out. But all can be fitted to the 77mm, either direct or through a step-up adaptor ring. Google for each lens spec please.

A step-up ring to fit each lens should be all that you need to have the ND110 77mm filter (except those already at 77mm) fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by VainKid View Post
    i pm him but haiz oos....

[SIC B+W HK] - found this website online, quite cheap thus wanted to check if anyone tried order from here ? its about $119 only
    Anyone try before?
    D90-MB80|N18-105|N50 1.8|T180 M.|GT1541T|Q3T|Up48|SB900|
    BBB Virus will Devour your Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by iBishop View Post
    been hunting around for B+W ND110 in the MO organised by clubsnap members , but oos.
    just wondering anyone come across this filter in local shops?
    Good luck

May i know if this is the B+W ND110 you guys have been talking about? Perhaps you could purchase it from BH photo.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...l_Density.html

Quote Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
    May i know if this is the B+W ND110 you guys have been talking about? Perhaps you could purchase it from BH photo.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...l_Density.html
    it will cost $180+ if u factor in the shipping charges to sg.

it will cost $180+ if u factor in the shipping charges to sg.
    Whao~~~~ haha~~~~ I thought you could be a help to the people here... guess not..

Interesting; am seeing so many ppl having this piece of glass and so little image to share...

Upload and share, cheers!

LOL...

Spend so much to get the filters and yet think that they are as fragile as ice cream cone waffles. Then the best place is in the dry cabi...

B + W filters, if not mounted on lenses, just carry in the plastic box that they come in. Unless you are doing a parachute jump with camera and stuff.

The same goes for Tian Ya, they come in a box. Not sure about Lee and Cokin.

Filters are not ice cream cones waffles.
    If still afraid of breaking the waffles, you can try this http://www.pelicancase.com/small-pel...ases.html#1120. For best results, house the waffles in a pelican, in another pelican. But that the pelicans will probably cost more than the waffles. FYI, these cases are waterproof, airproof , fireproof and crush proof, for the paranoid

Quote Originally Posted by soulFLY View Post
    Interesting; am seeing so many ppl having this piece of glass and so little image to share...

Upload and share, cheers!

Bro.... Just got this hotcake this week, and results are not there yet to show ...
    Still need to put to practice all the tips from you

Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35 View Post
    LOL...

Spend so much to get the filters and yet think that they are as fragile as ice cream cone waffles. Then the best place is in the dry cabi...

B + W filters, if not mounted on lenses, just carry in the plastic box that they come in. Unless you are doing a parachute jump with camera and stuff.

If still afraid of breaking the waffles, you can try this http://www.pelicancase.com/small-pel...ases.html#1120. For best results, house the waffles in a pelican, in another pelican. But that the pelicans will probably cost more than the waffles. FYI, these cases are waterproof, airproof , fireproof and crush proof, for the paranoid
    Fer gawd's sake, we're shooters, not ASSASSINS!

I'm planning to get Lee's Stopper - since it is glass and worth at least a starter's lens, it's wise to find proper protection for it. Just as we should not stinge on proper tripods. Otherwise, we might as well, like you've suggested - eat it like waffles when things do go wrong (Murphy's Law) I'm just hopping the Stopper would come with proper plastic casing.

The rest would ultimately be Hitech resins - I think those do not come with any protection - correct me if I'm wrong please, I haven't started the collection yet...

Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35 View Post
    LOL...

errr i am talking about those square filters, not B+W round filters, i have no worries about round filters but i never use a square filter before so not sure how it was stored but i read from the internet, its quite fragile as compared to round filters (at least round filters got a metal rim to protect the glass).

Fer gawd's sake, we're shooters, not ASSASSINS!

I'm planning to get Lee's Stopper - since it is glass and worth at least a starter's lens, it's wise to find proper protection for it. Just as we should not stinge on proper tripods. Otherwise, we might as well, like you've suggested - eat it like waffles when things do go wrong (Murphy's Law) I'm just hopping the Stopper would come with proper plastic casing.

The rest would ultimately be Hitech resins - I think those do not come with any protection - correct me if I'm wrong please, I haven't started the collection yet...
    In your case, then you probably will need a pelican. There are other brands around. Google for them. There is also the compact n cheap , Nikon, Akarui dry box with a small screw valve , with foam, which you can customised to the shape of your filters. The box should be small enough for a large camera backpack... I use that for my AA rechargables and chargers when I need to do a land-flight-land-boat-land rugged journey.
    Last edited by stonefish35; 6th August 2010 at 11:31 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast