Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worth Upgrading to Full Frame

Default Re: Worth Upgrading to Full Frame

Besides improvement in noise, I believe the bokeh and subject seperation is better with the bigger sensor.

I want FF for these 2 reasons alone

Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    Besides improvement in noise, I believe the bokeh and subject seperation is better with the bigger sensor.

I want FF for these 2 reasons alone
    It's pretty obvious in FF.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Its strange how this type of topic generate lots of response. .

Came across an article about this topic.

http://www.popphoto.com/Features/The...Frame-Decision

Get Canon G9 if you like to shoot macro. It can focus at 1cm from the subject.
    S5Pro|S3Pro|D50|16-85VR2|70-200VR|80-400VR|S50f1.4|105f2|135f2|SB900|SB80DX

Quote Originally Posted by TheChef View Post
    Get Canon G9 if you like to shoot macro. It can focus at 1cm from the subject.
    Though 1cm (i used to have S5 IS which is 0cm), it's still far from 1:1.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Hi OT abit. Wanna know reasons why ppl wanna change to FF. Any strong reason? erm... i still very new here so tends to ask 'stuipd' question. Cos i know that DX body do have some excellent lens. Not that FF dosent have great lens. But lens like tokina 11-16 (jus an example. i know there are many more), i believe it wun work well with FF rite? Wouldn't the choice of FF lens be more limited? And more expensive? Sorry for the noob question.

Quote Originally Posted by ChenGuy View Post
    Hi OT abit. Wanna know reasons why ppl wanna change to FF. Any strong reason? erm... i still very new here so tends to ask 'stuipd' question. Cos i know that DX body do have some excellent lens. Not that FF dosent have great lens. But lens like tokina 11-16 (jus an example. i know there are many more), i believe it wun work well with FF rite? Wouldn't the choice of FF lens be more limited? And more expensive? Sorry for the noob question.
    The Tokina 11-16 is for cropped bodies. FF lenses of the equivalent type usually is more costly. For example, Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 to Tokina 12-24 f/4 II, one is $1300+ while the other $1100+

Quote Originally Posted by ChenGuy View Post
    Actually... there's more choices for FF lens. What do you think those shooting with film use?

Quote Originally Posted by cutecdo View Post
    Actually... there's more choices for FF lens. What do you think those shooting with film use?
    technically there're less choices for FF compared to those DX/cropped bodies.... since there're specific lenses made for the latter that can't really be used properly on FF. that said, there're more than enough lenses out there to satisfy almost every need, whether FF or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza View Post
    technically there're less choices for FF compared to those DX/cropped bodies.... since there're specific lenses made for the latter that can't really be used properly on FF. that said, there're more than enough lenses out there to satisfy almost every need, whether FF or not.
    I tend to think that lens made for cropped sensors are there to fulfill the role of a FF lens equivalent most of the time. Of course there are lenses in a range whereby there's no FF equivalent but those are few.

Quote Originally Posted by cutecdo View Post
    I tend to think that lens made for cropped sensors are there to fulfill the role of a FF lens equivalent most of the time. Of course there are lenses in a range whereby there's no FF equivalent but those are few.
    maybe u'd like to enlighten me with the lens where there is no FF equivalent?

i can name a few lenses without aps-c though.
    Last edited by bengchiat; 19th July 2009 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    The Tokina 11-16 is for cropped bodies. FF lenses of the equivalent type usually is more costly. For example, Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 to Tokina 12-24 f/4 II, one is $1300+ while the other $1100+
    believe the tokina is an aps-c lens.

Quote Originally Posted by KY1977 View Post
    Just curious. Anyone spotted differences in photo quality/noise level when upgrading from crop to FF?
    I own a 350D. I rented a 5D once for its high ISO, low noise capability. I was more than impressed with the results.

Actually... I noticed Canon digital images has more shadow noise than Nikon's. Well, during post production, I tend to push up the exposure in the shadows and Canon one's are just ugly when viewed at 100%. But not noticable during prints la but that's my observation only. Cheers!

get a good micro lens and a tripod....no need to upgrade to FF just to shoot flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by bengchiat View Post
    believe the tokina is an aps-c lens.
    Yeah that's what i said earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by mebius View Post

My friend who bought a 5D Mark II said that pictures taken are worst than his 40D because Full Frame cameras have more noise & in terms of picture quality , there is no improvement.
    I really think your fren got some motive for telling you this...

Quote Originally Posted by mebius View Post
    My friend who bought a 5D Mark II said that pictures taken are worst than his 40D because Full Frame cameras have more noise & in terms of picture quality , there is no improvement.
    5D MkII is like the emperor's clothes, only people with intelligence can see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by bengchiat View Post
    maybe u'd like to enlighten me with the lens where there is no FF equivalent?

i can name a few lenses without aps-c though.
    How about the Nikkor 18-200mm? I know Sigma has one but is a digital lens. I don't know if Nikon have a FF equivalent for this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast