Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Traffic Advicess

Default Re: Traffic Advicess

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Don't go against the law... wrong is wrong!
    i am not promoting speeding. but to caution people to avoid speeding always.
    You were caught speeding while you knew you were wrong. Why then did you do it? Perhaps yours was probably was not a conscious act. Perhaps you forgot.

Often not, i see traffic police speeding without their beacon switched on and chatting away in their car. Yet they have the right to do so even when they are not on a chase.

I do speed when the moment calls for it to avoid an accident. I do not speed for thrill or to save time or to exercise my ego. I can go a little faster to be ahead of a dangerous vehicle or to avoid a collission. and if i do get caught speeding because i did that, i would gladly pay the fine as i would have that in exchange for an accident or death.

I can weave through kpe at very high speed without getting caught, yet i keep to speed limit. not because i am obeying the law, but because i knew the consequence of being in a tunnel accident.

If everyone thinks about obeying the law to avoid summon, then the purpose of these cameras and speed traps are not well understood.

the law is there as a guide. there is a reason to imposed a fine for people speeding. it is the consequence of accidents and death that speed limits are imposed. not because of making the govt richer.

Have you been on a highway where people zap pass you at 250km/h legally (autoban)? Do you know the consequence of such an accident? they have rules too and those people do not weave in and out of the highway like singaporeans do.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    i am not promoting speeding. but to caution people to avoid speeding always.
    You were caught speeding while you knew you were wrong. Why then did you do it? Perhaps yours was probably was not a conscious act. Perhaps you forgot.

Often not, i see traffic police speeding without their beacon switched on and chatting away in their car. Yet they have the right to do so even when they are not on a chase.

I do speed when the moment calls for it to avoid an accident. I do not speed for thrill or to save time or to exercise my ego. I can go a little faster to be ahead of a dangerous vehicle or to avoid a collission. and if i do get caught speeding because i did that, i would gladly pay the fine as i would have that in exchange for an accident or death.

I can weave through kpe at very high speed without getting caught, yet i keep to speed limit. not because i am obeying the law, but because i knew the consequence of being in a tunnel accident.

Well said... good if everybody take your advice...

I have something against people who drive recklessly and speed at the same time.

I wish that such people would follow a paramedic on his normal duty rounds and get called out to a speeding accident, and let them see the carnage for themselves.

just isn't worth seeing if you can handle the car at high speeds, only to tempt fate by doing so.

forget the whole talk about fines and what not but the very fact that you are jeopardising not only your life but other people around you is rather irresponsible, and reprehensible at the very least.

to me, there isn't a justification to go over the speed limit. if you do so, be prepared to pay the price (financially or physically) if you get caught doing so. no amount of whinging or rationalising is going to get you out of it.
    Last edited by terryansimon; 17th July 2009 at 09:30 PM.
    chicken fight!

Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    I have something against people who drive recklessly and speed at the same time.

I wish that such people would follow a paramedic on his normal duty rounds and get called out to a speeding accident, and let them see the carnage for themselves.

just isn't worth seeing if you can handle the car at high speeds, only to tempt fate by doing so.

forget the whole talk about fines and what not but the very fact that you are jeopardising not only your life but other people around you is rather irresponsible, and reprehensible at the very least.

to me, there isn't a justification to go over the speed limit. if you do so, be prepared to pay the price (financially or physically) if you get caught doing so. no amount of whinging or rationalising is going to get you out of it.
    Well said. I support you whole heartedly. Don't give yourself excuse(s).. just follow the rule.
    The authority have reason to set the speed limit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123