Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Traffic Advicess

Default Re: Traffic Advicess

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    kena b4 also...

but if you still feel uneasy, you can go to the Traffic Police HQ @ Ubi, then tell them to give you a heavy fine, or a jail term, whichever makes you feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Dont challenge them and dont push your luck too far.. sudden kenna summon then you know!

vince123123
    Guests

There's no "heavy" or "light" fine; all fines and quantum are prescribed by law and the police cannot decide to impose a "heavy" fine because of this prior warning letter.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    I believe its going to be a very heavy fine if you are caught on your next offence..

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    There's no "heavy" or "light" fine; all fines and quantum are prescribed by law and the police cannot decide to impose a "heavy" fine because of this prior warning letter.
    The law say... fine upto $2000..

The judge can determine the quantum.. upto $2000...

light sentence.. $50.. heavy..$2000 just for illustration.

Member/Tangshooter

Yeah..Yappy gave u the clue..

If i'm not wrong some of the offences, first time kena fine..second offence go straight to court..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Yeah..Yappy gave u the clue..

If i'm not wrong some of the offences, first time kena fine..second offence go straight to court..
    Next you would have free food and lodging!

Got this from one of those fowarded email:

Interesting

Please take note of the new pricing from Traffic Police & the map of the Traffic Police where they usually hide their Mobile Speed Camera for your reference. NEW Price List from Traffic Police...
    (Price increase without further notice).

Spe! eding:
    Exceeding 01 - 20km/h = $130 Fine + 4 Demerit Points.
    Exceeding 21 - 30km/h = $150 Fine + 6 Demerit Points.
    Exceeding 31 - 40km/h = $180 Fine + 8 Demerit Points.
    Exc! eeding 41 - 50km/h = more than $200 Fine + 12 Demerit Points + Court
    Exceeding 51 - 60km/h = more than $200 Fine + 18 Demerit Points + Court
    Exceeding More Than 61km/h = more than $200 Fine + 24 Demerit Points + Court.

Driving Offences:
    Failing to Put On Seat Belt = $120 Fine + 3 Demerit points
    Crossing Double White Lines = $130 Fine + 4 Demerit Points
    Careless Driving = $150 Fine + 6 Demerit Points
    Inconsiderate Driving! = $170 Fine + 9 Demerit Points + Court
    Dangerous Driving = more than $200 Fine + 24 Demerit Points + Court + Vehicle Compounded
    Illegal Racing = more than $200 Fine + Vehicle Confiscate + Court

Mobile Phones:
    Phone/Text and Drive = $200 Fine + 12 Demerit Points + Phone Confiscated
    You cannot hold your phone in your hand when you drive, even with loud speaker and/or ear piece

Drink Driving:
    For First Offence = Up to $5,000 Fine and/or Jail Term + License Suspended + CourtFor Second Offence = Jail Term + Fine + License Su spended + Court

Other Offences:
    Fail to signal when changing lanes = $70 Fine
    Making an illegal U-Turn when no U-Turn sign = $70 Fine
    Driving after 7pm without headlights or taillights = $30 Fine
    No number plate = $70 Fine
    Obstructed or obscured number plate = $70 Fine
    Number plate of unapproved type = $70 Fine.

Court Cases:
    If you want to be a hero and fight the court case yourself, and you lose, you pay the court charges yourself, which will add to your fine.
    Court charges are at least $200 and above.

Demerit Point System:
    Let's say you have 0 points on 1st January 2009, and you committed the offence of 'Failing to Put On Seat Belt'.

So now, you will have 3 demerit points and this will last for one Year.
    If during this one year you have no demerit point offences at all, your 3 demerit points will be gone on 1/1/2010.

But, if during this one year, from 1/1/2009 to 1/1/2010, you commit another offence with demerit points, your very first offence will be extended for another year until 1/1/2011.
    Noob with Canon 550D w 18-135mm + Instax Mini 50S

Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    This is a lucky break .. means u are off the hook for this time. Wonder if the same applies to red light cameras ? Anyone here received similar warning letters for beating red lights ? Apologies to TS if this is OT.
    Immediate 12 points and $180 fine, no discount or warning letter. Friend of mine kena b4. regretted like ****.

I was recently given a letter by the Traffic Police stating that I was speeding. The speed limit was 70kmph and it was recorded that the travelling speed of my car was 83kmph.

The Traffic did not fine me but advice me not to speed and also told me that they are keeping the offence on record......?
    As long as the speed is not about 20KM/H more than the stated speed limit, you should receive a warning letter. This is what i have heard off. That depends too that you have a clean road record with not recent major infringements in the past years.

GMAN

Quote Originally Posted by mnjohar View Post
    Immediate 12 points and $180 fine, no discount or warning letter. Friend of mine kena b4. regretted like ****.
    With green arrow junctions , its sometime touch and go .... better be safe then sorry then. Thanks

i think its all down to speed access right.

anyone here kenna those sibei jia lat one that has to attend court one ?

curious.... how fast do they send these court orders ? 1mth or 2weeks or ?

vince123123
    Guests

Yes, that is the judge, my post said the "police" cannot. Police can only do fixed composition amounts, which is by the way, diffrent from fines.

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post

That'd be damn suay. I think after that, you'll start to road hog, by driving super carefully and about a speed that is 20KM/H less than the stated speed limit. Haha.

GMAN

vince123123
    Guests

There are those who even say that driving at speed limit is road hogging okay; dont play play lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    That'd be damn suay. I think after that, you'll start to road hog, by driving super carefully and about a speed that is 20KM/H less than the stated speed limit. Haha.

GMAN

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post

Yeah, kena before many years back when I was speeding along AYE. I had just returned from KL and it was past midnight. The roads were quiet, smooth, wide and lighted so I gunned the car. Slowed down at NUS to exit AYE when I noticed flashing blue lights from behind.

When I came out of the car, the TP put up quite a drama. He said he had a hard time following me as I was going too fast (I almost blurt out laughing when I heard that). Then, he touched the bonnet of my car and put his nose close to it to take a sniff at the engine. He said he can smell when a car has been speeding excessively. Asked me whether I had been drinking and I told him that I just returned from Malaysia and that my son was having stomach ache hence I was rushing home.

He then issued me with a ticket. Told his corporal to put the speed at 130km/h and the poor chap sort of protested. I was like going at 180km/h. Two weeks later the summon to court came. I appealed and they asked me to go to Kg Ubi for interview.

At Kg Ubi, the officer decided to fine me $300 with 12 demerit points and he said that it was the best he could do for me under the circumstances. I accepted the compounded fine straight away else would have to attend court to plead guilty and ask for leniency. Dependent upon whether the judge wants to make an example of me, the likelihood of my license being suspended would have been very high!

Counted myself lucky.
    Last edited by whizzard; 14th July 2009 at 09:59 PM.

I was recently given a letter by the Traffic Police stating that I was speeding. The speed limit was 70kmph and it was recorded that the travelling speed of my car was 83kmph.

The Traffic did not fine me but advice me not to speed and also told me that they are keeping the offence on record......?
    For such an offense, read the small prints. IIRC, it says they will cumulate for you and will summon you one find day. By then, the ang pao will be a big fat one, and you cant appeal.

If you want to speed, be on high alert. Every bend, slope, bridge, there may be santa waiting. Even if you have a radar detector, it is useless as they know you cant react in time.

Best is, dont speed, or speed within the limit.

Yes, that is the judge, my post said the "police" cannot. Police can only do fixed composition amounts, which is by the way, diffrent from fines.
    Yes.. sorri you are right!

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    If you want to speed, be on high alert. Every bend, slope, bridge, there may be santa waiting. Even if you have a radar detector, it is useless as they know you cant react in time.

Best is, dont speed, or speed within the limit.
    Don't go against the law... wrong is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
    Yeah, kena before many years back when I was speeding along AYE. I had just returned from KL and it was past midnight. The roads were quiet, smooth, wide and lighted so I gunned the car. Slowed down at NUS to exit AYE when I noticed flashing blue lights from behind.

When I came out of the car, the TP put up quite a drama. He said he had a hard time following me as I was going too fast (I almost blurt out laughing when I heard that). Then, he touched the bonnet of my car and put his nose close to it to take a sniff at the engine. He said he can smell when a car has been speeding excessively. Asked me whether I had been drinking and I told him that I just returned from Malaysia and that my son was having stomach ache hence I was rushing home.

He then issued me with a ticket. Told his corporal to put the speed at 130km/h and the poor chap sort of protested. I was like going at 180km/h. Two weeks later the summon to court came. I appealed and they asked me to go to Kg Ubi for interview.

At Kg Ubi, the officer decided to fine me $300 with 12 demerit points and he said that it was the best he could do for me under the circumstances. I accepted the compounded fine straight away else would have to attend court to plead guilty and ask for leniency. Dependent upon whether the judge wants to make an example of me, the likelihood of my license being suspended would have been very high!

Counted myself lucky.
    hmmmmm......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast