Thread: Images of specific date lost from my memory card - plz help

Default Images of specific date lost from my memory card - plz help

Hi,

I have a sony DSC H50 Camera with SOny original 8gb (mark2 model) memory stick. yesterday i came back from my trip to some other cities where i take many photos in 4 consecutive days.

The problem i am facing is that pictures of one day are not shown in memory card, secondly all the file numbers are in sequence, this shows that these are not deleted.

I have manually checked the memory card, but unable to find that photos.

can anyone suggests that why that problem happens? is there any way to fix that problem???

is there any software which helps me to recover deleted / lost images .

plz help me in that regard.

eshban

Default Re: Images of specific date lost from my memory card - plz help

Not sure why but did you check if it is stored onto your camera's onboard memory. Or perhaps you were using a different card that day.

CS has many advert banners around and data recovery is one of them on this screen.

First of all, do not write anything to the card until you are able to use a data recovery software to check. There might be a chance the FAT32 table (aka table of content) in the memory card is corrupted and therefore those files cannot be located and displayed.

If it is just a corruption of FAT32, the actual files (photos) should still be there. Try to use data recovery software such as the ones that provided by the flash memory card manufacturers (e.g. SanDisk Rescue Pro) to attempt to rebuild the FAT32 table.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Hi CS TAN,

Can you please tell me any good Recovery software for Sony Memory Card. I have sony Memory Stick Pro Duo (MARK 2 ) Model.

Plz help in this regard.

Eshban

bro... try 2 freeware that might help you... google for it since it's free...

1. Recuva
    2. PCI

Recuva is good at recovering what you miss-deleted... while PCI could help retrieving corrupted memory cards (take much longer time than Recuva)...

hope this helps...

thanks for your queries.

I just came to know that my memory card was infected with virus. I have deleted the virus files( autorun.inf and .vbs file)

Now i also came to know that 100 images are disappeared i.e DSC6825.jpg to DSC6934.jpg, means this series is missing

I have used two softwares i.e. Handy Recovery and Undelete Memory Stick, but none of them display the above series files.

Plz help and tell me that which is the best software to recover.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaRv1s View Post
    bro... try 2 freeware that might help you... google for it since it's free...

1. Recuva
    2. PCI

Recuva is good at recovering what you miss-deleted... while PCI could help retrieving corrupted memory cards (take much longer time than Recuva)...

hope this helps...
    try this... i know PCI is capable of retrieving files from corrupted memory cards (camera and PC both read the card as unformatted)...

what is the complete name of PCI software, by this name i am unable to find it. Do tell me its name or url