Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What you think of Newbies and amateurs adding Photography watermarks?

Default Re: What you think of Newbies and amateurs adding Photography watermarks?

Aiyah, what's the problem?
    In the age of internet, you can call what you want what? I have seen nicks like Almighty, Omnipotence, etc. So nothing wrong with "__________ photography".

My watermarks says Galleria2200, does not mean I own a gallery, right? Its like children put sticker of Mickey Mouse on their tumbler or their pencil to identify their stuff. Does it mean that they are Mickey Mouse? Of course not!

You can interpret the watermark this way. Galleria2200 may just be a fun name. It may just be something I aspire to have - own a art gallery and call it Galleria 2200. So for somebody who put ____ photography, he may not be pro now but he may be pro later on. So what is wrong with staking a claim first! You know people have already bought lunar land even before commercial flight to the moon is decades away?

You link between "_____ photography" and amateur is similar to the other hotly debated question on "expensive dSLR and being (as opposed to looking) pro". The answer lies in your own bias look on the world. Present the same question to innocent kids, and they can't even be bother; they are only interested in the photo itself or the camera, no prejudice at all.

PS: maybe should not call myself two200, lest TS thinks I am two hundred years old!
    Idea got, execution not!
    APAD|Travelogue

Default Re: What you think of Newbies and amateurs adding Photography watermarks?

let the photo do the talking, just don't take other photo and add watermarks to say it is ur photo

Quote Originally Posted by two200 View Post
    My watermarks says Galleria2200, does not mean I own a gallery, right? Its like children put sticker of Mickey Mouse on their tumbler or their pencil to identify their stuff. Does it mean that they are Mickey Mouse? Of course not!
    you mean, no?

i always thought i was going to school with power rangers, barney, and mickey mouse club.

my childhood now seems much less glamorous than i thought it was now..

Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    let the photo do the talking, just don't take other photo and add watermarks to say it is ur photo
    HAHA.

Yea correct. Good one!
    Pentax K-x

And also to TS

Watermark is like a mark of proof that it is his photo

Like an id so people know it's his

Even if you think they are self pro-claimed they will still put it

To prevent others from stealing their images
    Pentax K-x

Haha, this reminds me of the joke that those Ah beng drivers who put the sticker 'Mugen', think that they can add 100 horsepower to their car like that.

Seriously, people watermark their photos for different reasons, and it is their right do so. Why would we want to second guess their intentions? Just sit back and laugh at those ridiculous ones lor.

Personally, I wouldn't want to put watermarks on my pics, for 2 reasons:

1. I think it really spoils the picture. This is like watching a pirated DVD with the words "Sample only, not for distribution" plastering the screen throughout.

2. I dun think anyone whould want to take my pics, as they are not good enough and I dun shoot chiobu models.

watermark = professional?

no watermark = amateur and noobs?

weird thinking right? i thought watermark is a marking of ownership?

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't want to put watermarks on my pics, for 2 reasons:

1. I think it really spoils the picture. This is like watching a pirated DVD with the words "Sample only, not for distribution" plastering the screen throughout.

2. I dun think anyone whould want to take my pics, as they are not good enough and I dun shoot chiobu models.
    ermm it depends where u put the watermark.. watermark on the photo is of cos obiang... for me i use a white border frame... and place it at the bottom corner of the white frame (might be useless, cos anyone can use PS to crop of the white frame but hey, it looks much better this way then putting on the photo itself

and dun say your pics not nice lah, who knows u are the next famous photographer to be known.

How do you differentiate between a newbie or an old timer? Newbie can also take good pictures too. old timer can make mistakes too. And i think everyone can do what they like to their works, not only water marking. Everyone's a newbie before.

"calvin klein" is a registered trade mark ... just in case TS is not aware

This is the Mrbrown joke, putting a sticker doesn't add value to the product. it's like people changing their car logo from toyota to lexus.
    I remember a friend witnessed a straight line race of a lancer with a evo badge laging behind a dull looking internally modded corolla.
    it's the content that matters, but a good presentation will give you confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
    Haha, this reminds me of the joke that those Ah beng drivers who put the sticker 'Mugen', think that they can add 100 horsepower to their car like that.
    I was thinking along this line too, they might just be thinking ahead. they will one day catch up to the pros or at least the pros standard today.
    And the mickey mouse sticker is a cute analogy, I just made those cute little pooh bear and friends with my name stickers for 8 dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by two200 View Post
    Aiyah, what's the problem?
    You can interpret the watermark this way. Galleria2200 may just be a fun name. It may just be something I aspire to have - own a art gallery and call it Galleria 2200. So for somebody who put ____ photography, he may not be pro now but he may be pro later on. So what is wrong with staking a claim first! You know people have already bought lunar land even before commercial flight to the moon is decades away?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bleh/
    let the universe surprise you .)

Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    "calvin klein" is a registered trade mark ... just in case TS is not aware
    maybe he thinks using it makes him look like a CK male model

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    maybe he thinks using it makes him look like a CK male model
    or perhaps illusion by association

Aiya.....up to individual.....nothing wrong.

To me, i don't watermark my photo, one reason is i'm very lousy in designing logo.....
    Second is, if i just put a big watermark on the photo, it will spoil the photo, if i put a small watermark at a corner, people can easily clone it off..... so i don't bother.

Those photos that i afraid to be leech, i don't post up.

start a thread... what you do think of newbies and amatures using famous names as nick...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

next, we will have people complaining about borders

"these guys, think they very pro, the borders represent that they think that their photos are worthy of being mounted and displayed"

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    next, we will have people complaining about borders

"these guys, think they very pro, the borders represent that they think that their photos are worthy of being mounted and displayed"

if no one would take others' works and claim it for himself, we don't really need water marking / signature on photos... but too bad... the world is not perfect, yet...

The TS seems silent.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast