Thread: does Director of Photograhpy has to do be still picture photograhpy?

Default does Director of Photograhpy has to do be still picture photograhpy?

topic^^

curious when i often saw these titles under ending credit of those filming in movie...

Default Re: does Director of Photograhpy has to do be still picture photograhpy?

i always say leh

google is your best friend

so i find my best friend leh, type in "film director of photography", guess what i got:

Director of Photography
    AKA: DP, DoP
    A cinematographer who is ultimately responsible for the process of recording a scene in the manner desired by the director. The Director of Photography has a number of possible duties: selection of film stock, cameras, and lenses; designing and selecting lighting, directing the gaffer's placement of lighting; shot composition (in consultation with the director); film developing and film printing.
    from here, hope it answers your question..

then i check wikipedia leh, it says:

The director of photography is the chief of the camera and lighting crew of the film. The DP makes decisions on lighting and framing of scenes in conjunction with the film's director. Typically, the director tells the DP how he or she wants a shot to look, and the DP then chooses the correct aperture, filter, and lighting to achieve the desired effect.
    so hor, if you are curious, remember, google is the curious man's best friend, not just everybody's best friend.
    Last edited by night86mare; 13th July 2009 at 01:33 PM.