Hi a newbie here just bought 500D with kit, now my next thing to do is considering lens with right budget to buy:
i like to take portrait, landscape, and macro like flower,insect ...
1. Tamron 18-270mm
pro: heard this is good and good walkabout for travel, cheaper than canon lens
con: chromatic abbretion and barrel distortion, still quite expensive
- many of my friends say such long range zoom does not produce good photo, is it true?
2. Canon 50mm f1.8
- cheap and good for portrait, i like to take portrait a lot, is it really a must have like wat many of friends said?
3. Sigma/Tamron 17-55mm f2.8
- if i buy this, does it mean i do not need to buy prime lens like canon 50mm f1.8?
4. Canon 28 - 135mm
- my friend want to sell me second hand at $500, is it worth to buy?
I know this is difficult question, many will say it depends on my usage, but still would like to hear your comments, and suggestion of other good lens for newbie like me....thanks in advance.