Thread: Suggestions anyone?

Default Suggestions anyone?

Hey Everyone,
    Can anyone please tell me what places in Singapore is good for taking photographs of

1. Sunset
    2. Sunrise
    3. Nostalgic/Abandoned looking places (Places like people have forgotten about them...)
    4. The overview of the city (Like rooftops or something)

I have another question - when taking portraits e.g., model shoots or studio photography, it is better to use prints or slides and what kind should we use?

Thanks!

Regards,
    -Michelle-

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Hey Everyone,
    Can anyone please tell me what places in Singapore is good for taking photographs of

1. Sunset
    2. Sunrise
    3. Nostalgic/Abandoned looking places (Places like people have forgotten about them...)

I have another question - when taking portraits e.g., model shoots or studio photography, it is better to use prints or slides and what kind should we use?

Thanks!

Regards,
    -Michelle-
    hmmm....... IMHO, I think the best place is somewhere where no one knows and has not been exploited. Else you'll just get the usual look alikes. Walk around and who knows you may find somewhere special

Can't help on the second question. too noob.......

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Hey Everyone,

1. Sunset
    2. Sunrise

Thanks!

Regards,
    -Michelle-
    no experience with 3 and 4. but for 1 and 2, just be prepared to wake up early and keep your eyes peeled for dramatic skies. do include a foreground interest in the composition and the shot will work. no particular place. although if you really must go somewhere, the eastern and western beaches in singapore will do fine...

for models and portraits, personally not much difference because of the digital labs nowadays... but get a low speed film like kodak portra 160 for balanced skin tones and fine detail.

Sunsets are easier than sunrise - for obvious reason -- you don't have to get up so early. Sunsets can also be potentially prettier, since there's a lot more dust around to turn the whole place very orange.

For nostalgic abandoned places, lots of little alleyways around. Put in an old man or a rusty bicycle and voila! you go back 40 years.

i think Ubin still have some pretty old houses and vehicles. (Note: people still living inside them and the vehicles still run.)

For high viewpoint, just try climbing up the highest point block you can see from your own house. Should get a pretty decent view. For city view, i'm not too sure where is the best place.